• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK
MpLEhDj.jpg

Here Comes Everybody by The Wake is a very good dream pop/jangle/post-punk album from the mid 80s, but it's rarely discussed when talking about the origins/influences of the whole dream pop thing, it's just not very well known, their numbers on Spotify are sad. If anyone checks it out listen to the "Here Comes Everybody + Singles" version for extra great songs.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
Christoph De Babalon - If You're Into It I'm Out of It
DHR had so much cool shit in this period.

I always plug this album whenever these things come up, but Paradise Don't Come Cheap by New Kingdom is probably the greatest hip hop album (most) people haven't heard. It's in my all time top 3, and it ain't 3. The whole album sounds like a drive through the desert in a convertible, your face covered with grime, your shoulders slightly burnt.

This shit blew my tiny little mind in 1997 when I first heard it. The production is kind of unlike anything else I've heard, but it still sounds current twenty five years later.

It's a fucking towering album, and I implore people to listen to it if they have any interest at all in wild/weird hip-hop.

This song has a fucking Rodney Alan Greenblat shout out for fuck's sake!

Oct 20, 2020
I'm a big fan of the single LP by Canadian group The Organ. Feeling those early/mid aughts post-punk resurgence vibes! They had an EP a few years later that was just as good, but it all amounts to about an hour of career music total. Just brilliant.

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
I wouldn't consider it underappreciated, but Prism's 1977 album seems oft forgotten for scifi fans. Loved it as a kid with other space themed music.

That outro is perfect Disaster Area indeed.

I'm a big fan of the single LP by Canadian group The Organ. Feeling those early/mid aughts post-punk resurgence vibes! They had an EP a few years later that was just as good, but it all amounts to about an hour of career music total. Just brilliant.

Right on! I was trying to remember the name of this band earlier. Literally forgotten.