• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
My faves would be:

Chrono Trigger
Star Ocean
Star Ocean 2
Wild Arms
Robotrek
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Infinite Space
Rogue Galaxy

I guess Secret of Evermore kinda counts too?

Oct 30, 2017
xenosaga-collection.jpg

And probably always will be <3

Django.Mango

Jan 31, 2018
The first Mass Effect was really immersive and fun, i even could deal with the less RPG elements in the game. Another game i liked the builded world in it a lot was Deus Ex Human Revolution. The Shadowrun srpg is also a great world to explore.

I think i will try Elex some time, as i like that studio, but it sure looks more like a weird sci-fi B-movie.

edit, Strange Journey also gets my vote.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
Mass Effect 1 (don't consider 2 and 3 as my personal favorite anything)
KOTOR 1/2
Deus Ex 1/2/HR/MD

PensivePen

Oct 25, 2017
Shin Megami Tensei games have generally always had a strong sci-fi/cyberpunk leaning, but I feel the games in the franchise that most exemplify this are Strange Journey, Digital Devil Saga and Soul Hackers.

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
Man, reading through this thread, there really aren't a lot of good sci-fi RPGs out there. For me, I guess it's:

Deus Ex
Mass Effect 1 (it's a huge shame the sequels completely ignored some pretty cool hard-scifi concepts in the first game's codex and instead just turned it into generic science-fantasy that just makes things up as it goes along)
Star Control 2

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Skies of Arcadia or Star Ocean 2 for me.

Not really sure how Mass Effect counts but Star Wars doesn't. Both rely on a healthy amount of dubious space magic to connect the dots, it's just that the Mass Effect series has 90 hours to also explore everything from AI to the singularity, sentience etc whereas the films don't. The KotOR games offer a similar amount of sci-fi side-topics explored across dozens of hours, and even the films depiction of a totalitarian empire with planet-killing weapons, and whether resistance is meaningless or futile, is hardly a 'non-sci-fi' topic, even if space wizards is.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Xenogears, Xenosaga, XenobladeX. I hope we're getting more.
In each of these games there are a few characters I just like so much.
I don't know, it's different.