• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Not to speak too soon; but man this movie looks downright lovely. Thrilled with how it looks, and I especially love how enthused Ryan Reynolds has been about it

pZPClre.png

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Looks great. Side note: These trailers are making me realize that the more I see of them, the more ok I'd be with aipom going extinct...

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I am extremely glad that the movie is trying to be kinda cute and sentimental and not just kinda weird and gross-out the way a lot of supposedly "realistic" takes on Pokemon are. Again, it's shocking that the muppet movie based on the almost-identical concept didn't actually take this tone.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is the friendlist the Aipom have looked since these trailers have come out

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Noooo. people would treat them like shit :S
and having even the smallest creatures shooting flamethrowers and lightning bolts is a nightmare. Youd have angsty children telling their pokemon to attack people.
Not to mention all the bullshit that ghost and dark types tend to be into. You'd have people getting their souls drained by gengars or their kids replaced by zoruas left and right...

logan_cadfgs

Oct 28, 2017
Noooo. people would treat them like shit :S
and having even the smallest creatures shooting flamethrowers and lightning bolts is a nightmare. Youd have angsty children telling their pokemon to attack people.

Game Theory™: People are only nice to Pokémon because they're terrified of getting zapped, burned, maimed, etc.

Honestly maybe we'd be better off if everything irl could kick our asses

Oct 26, 2017
Man... that line from Detective Pikachu to Justice? Right in the fuckin feels. I'd be so bummed if movie isn't downright great cause the spots have all been brilliant.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Dunno why but the shot of the bird (Pidgeotto?) was really just something, super naturalistic. Really love the balance between animal and 'mon they have going

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Dunno why but the shot of the bird (Pidgeotto?) was really just something, super naturalistic. Really love the balance between animal and 'mon they have going

Yeah for real. It really felt like they were living and truly a part of the world instead of just some CG added over real world footage.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Uh-oh, I got sentimental from a Detective Pikachu trailer.

This movie is going to be good. I can't believe this movie is going to be good.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah it's kind of hard to imagine this movie not being at least good at this point. The advertising is phenomenal.