• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Created on behalf of Dits via the Adopt-A-User thread.

Now that there are multiple things to choose from, what are your feelings about them? Personally EA Access is the best kept secret, so many games for next to nothing a month, they recently added Andromeda to the vault.

Services like:
  • PSN
  • PlayStation Now
  • XBL
  • Xbox Game Pass
  • Humble Bundle
  • EA Access
I'm sure there are others, would people like to see Valve add something like this to Steam?

Deleted member 26768

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
yesterday i bought a month of PS+ because it was a net profit combined with the games i was buying

OP
OP
Kaeden

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
The last service I had, XBL ran out about 6 months ago. I've done the Humble Monthly a few months in a row. EA Access is something I've been debating for a while now, but I've got a ton to play so might wait until next year.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
On average I probably end up having PS Plus for around five months per year… and I will probably be consistently subscribed to the Nintendo online service when it comes out.
and also the 10 dollar per month virtual console service :(

EDIT:I also subscribe to some third party video streaming services which I primarily watch on my PS4, not sure if they count.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
None. Ever.

I could maybe see the appeal in Vue but it's not available where I'm at so I've never looked into it. Wouldn't really expect much from it tbh.

Netfliz, Spotify, and Amazon prime subs all active though.

Deleted member 11517

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
None.

I would probably buy plus if it was only for multiplayer and cheaper. I don't need or want any of the "free" games so this honestly kinda feels like a rip off.
$20/year online multiplayer only and I'm in.
I would also buy more games then...

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Origin Access for sure.

Then... Netflix ? Maybe ?

I utterly refuse to pay for playing online on my Playstation while it's free on PC, so i don't subscribe to anything on it (and that's a PS3 so... yeah... not been used to play for years anyway).

gigaslash

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
None atm. I buys PS+ from time to time, when they offer good free games or if there are decent discounts for subscribers, but this happens maybe once or twice a year.
But I'm subscribed to a lot of stuff on my iPhone — Apple Music, Idagio, Audible, FilmStruck, etc

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
None now. My PSN subscription expired in October as I didn't realise I had auto renew on for the previous year and my Xbox Live subscription also expired last month.

Deepo

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
PS+, Xbox Live, Xbox Game Pass, EA Access, Origin Access.

Feel like I get a lot of value from these, but I'm not sure I could justify any more, if every other publisher decides to start their own service.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
I sub to FFXIV, Netflix, and Spotify. None of those are platform-specific, but I do use them a lot on PS4.

Let my PS+ sub expire in August because of the price increase with no quality increase. Don't miss it at all. Now it kinda just feels like I was paying a yearly fee for nothing all that time.

watdaeff4

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PS Plus
Xbox Live
EA Access
GamePass

I'm not a huge fan of having to pay to play online, but at least the discounts on games helps my bitterness.

EA Access and GamePass have absolutely been worthwhile subscriptions

JustJavi

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
PS Plus ----> won´t probably be renewing it
Xbox Live -----> won´t be renewing it
Spotify
Netflix

Thinking about getting EA Access

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I play on Xbox.

Xbox Live Gold - practically mandatory since I play a lot of online and use cloud saves, plus the free games help
EA Access - 25 Euros a year to play EVERY EA game released on X1 is a damn awesome deal for me, since I like FIFA, Battlefield, NFS, Mirror's Edge, PvZ, etc.
Netflix - not technically Xbox-related but I often used it there, albeit my new TV has it included so I don't need it much there anymore

I don't use Game Pass because I already own most of the games, and given how I often leave games in my backlog for months/years it would be counterintuitive to subscribe continously to play specific games that I may not touch for months.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
I subscribed to Humble Monthly for one month and to PSN for one month only as well round about when Bloodborne came out. I'm not a fan of subscription services and avoid being tied to them. I believe thier business model is partially based on hoping people subscribe and forget to cancel when not using the service.

Deleted member 3888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
None, I paid for a year of PS+ on PS3 back then because the instant access games were good, but I stopped after that year. Never paid for xblive so I probably won't pay for psn either. I'm tempted to subscribe to EA Access to play the NFS games but I haven't gotten to it, I just don't like having forced myself to complete games before the subscription run out.

Humble monthly has been kind of mediocre so I can't trust them enough to subscribe, there were some good months though.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
I stopped subbing to PS+ a year ago when it stopped feeling worthwhile, and I honestly haven't looked back. My online play is now all done on PC (bar Fortnie BR which handily is free to play on PSN), and on the Switch. When/If Nintendo ever manages to launch their paid online service, I may give it a try, but I doubt I'll end up subscribing to it, honestly. I don't like encouraging that sort of thing, and regardless of how little impact I have overall, I don't want to be part of the problem.

JohnDamien

Oct 29, 2017
I have Xbox Live Gold, Humble Monthly, EA and Origin Access. And i'm going to get the Nintendo online service, as soon it goes up. The only think i still dont need is PS Plus.

Oct 25, 2017
USA, Sol 3, Universe 1
I'll eventually get the paid Nintendo service because I want to play 8 Deluxe online in the future, but I've now been gold on Xbox Live for 2 years. The only reason I do it is because unlike the competition, I get to own 20+ games every year. 360 games are licenses you own, not member rentals. I pay under 40 USD a year for XBL, so it's highly unlikely that I don't get at least that much in enjoyable games each year, plus I get discounts.

Onebadlion

Oct 27, 2017
PS+, Xbox Live, and EA Origin.

Live and PS+ won't be getting renewed because I rarely turn my consoles on anymore, other than to watch Netflix or occasionally play Skate 3, in the case of the Xbone.

gebler

Oct 27, 2017
I've paid for Playstation Plus until spring 2020. Not so much for multiplayer or to get new monthly games. but for continued access to the old ones I haven't got to yet.

Stuart

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
PS+

I only need it to play Overwatch. I wouldn't bother otherwise, the "free" games aren't usually to my taste or I already own them.

Savantcore

Oct 28, 2017
Been a PS+ subscriber for years but I don't pay for Live. I've sampled EA Access before though and I really wish it would come to PS4.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
None. I don't like subscription services.
Luckily, on my platform of choice that doesn't meant that I miss out on anything.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
PS Plus and Xbox Live Gold. A friend also has EA Access, so I benefit from that with him setting my console as his home console from his profile and vice versa.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes Playstation Plus, but I only resubscribe when I can find a decent deal like the $40 price. Well $40 used to be a poor discount when the retail price was $50 but now that Sony unreasonably raised the cost to $60 for such a crap service, I went ahead and got in on the $40 deal. I still can't believe a game on Steam that takes me 20 minutes to download, will instead take 5-7 hours on PSN.

Spamlynguist

Oct 27, 2017
None, if you exclude Netflix. I don't play multiplayer games on PS4, it's mostly just for singleplayer games so I haven't felt the urge to get PS+

nowhoney

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I only really use PlayStation Plus.

I'll look into Nintendo's offering once more details are available, though.