• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I was messing around with my profile when I noticed followers have a reaction score. What's that all about?

I've blacked out the names and avatars to save people the embarrassment of having followed me. Just curious.

RJrgV5h.jpg

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
In the forum host's software, you can react to (like) posts. Era has it disabled

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
I guess the forum software would allow some "thumbs up" system, and that's where the total amount of "upvotes" would show.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I assume it was a feature that comes with the forum software that ResetEra uses, but is not enabled.

I noticed that PlanetSmasher has a score of 1 and Cerium has a score of 3. Always wondered how that happened.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
its nice you blanked out people who follow you, but i think the list is still available when people click your profile

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I assume it was a feature that comes with the forum software that ResetEra uses, but is not enabled.

I noticed that PlanetSmasher has a score of 1 and Cerium has a score of 3. Always wondered how that happened.

I think there was a very brief moment in the site's past where likes were a thing?

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I guess the forum software would allow some "thumbs up" system, and that's where the total amount of "upvotes" would show.
It does has a bunch of like/stuff like that example being either what you would have seen on facepunch before it died, or the current reaction system on NeoGAF.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I think there was a very brief moment in the site's past where likes were a thing?
That was my guess. The people who have them are mods, admins, or people who were on early. It's mostly mods/admins that have them, so I figured it was only prerelease (Professor Beef and B-Dubs also have a score of one), but I guess it was still turned on for a period after going live.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
It's a disabled feature that's part of the forum software. There's lots of weird things like that that are part of the software that ResetEra doesn't use because it would be awful, lol.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
btw I'm pretty sure following doesn't have any functionality on the site, it's basically just a bookmarks page of cool users

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
mods enable like you cowards #givethepeoplelikes

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If this site gets reactions or upvotes/downvoted I'd disable my account that same day. It's stupid and makes discussion worse.

This thread has given me a -7 reaction. Do I need to call a doctor for this?

If your reaction lasts for more than 4 hours please contact a doctor and tell them how sick it is 🤙🏼

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think Resetera used to have this but then TheFineBros came after us and it had to be disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.