• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
I'm starting a new job soon that lets me work from home a majority of the time. I suppose I could wear pretty much whatever I want to, but I will be on call to jump on a video call on short notice, so I'd like to at least be in a button-up shirt so I don't have to quickly change clothes in a hurry if someone wants to chat.

I got my wife some Lululemon stuff for Christmas last year and was really impressed how comfortable the men's clothes were. I had only associated the brand with women's work out clothes, I didn't even know they made any men's clothing, but they had some pants that liked that chinos but were made out of some kind of stretchy material and some surprisingly good-looking shirts.

I was thinking about treating myself to a few outfits, I think they'd look totally fine for the occasional conference call and it would be nice not to have to change if I want to go out and run some errands or go for a walk or whatever.

I have some decent work clothes but all my casual/ weekend stuff is mostly jeans and shirts I got from Costco, and I know next to nothing about brands. Is Lululemon a good choice for some comfy casual clothes or are there other options I should be made aware of? And if anyone else works from home what's your go-to uniform?

Antagon

Nov 4, 2017
I've got some nice slacks from Clean Cut Copenhagen. Wool with stretch, looks good and is comfortable. Also like their shirts. For shirts, any decent quality cotton shirt should be fine. Right now I'm wearing a Suit Supply traveller shirt and I've got no qualms on wearing that on a day off.

OP
OP
Clay

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Uniqlo and Everlane are worth checking out :)
Cosign on Uniqlo for sure. It's cheap and the quality is definitely there
Uniqlo will become your best friend

I actually have some shirts and pants from Uniqlo, and their Airism boxer briefs are my favorite underwear. They're stuff is pretty shockingly good for the price, but aside from the Airism stuff I don't know that I've ever considered their clothes especially comfortable.

I might have to take another look though. It would definitely be much more cost-effective than Lululemon.

Deleted member 2779

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As tempting as it may be to shop for new clothes from reliable brands, why not consider buying second hand too? Thriftshops always have a huge selection of collared shirts

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
I actually have some shirts and pants from Uniqlo, and their Airism boxer briefs are my favorite underwear. They're stuff is pretty shockingly good for the price, but aside from the Airism stuff I don't know that I've ever considered their clothes especially comfortable.

I might have to take another look though. It would definitely be much more cost-effective than Lululemon.
For bottoms, their EZY line got some of the comfiest jeans, ankle pants out there, definitely give these a try

OP
OP
Clay

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
As tempting as it may be to shop for new clothes from reliable brands, why not consider buying second hand too? Thriftshops always have a huge selection of collared shirts

I shopped at thrift stores a lot when I was in college. I actually worked at a "boutique" Goodwill for about a year too, I snagged a ton of great clothes for super cheap.

Now I just don't have the time. I can appreciate why some people like to save money that way, but I don't buy clothes that often, don't really care about fashion at all, and if I need something I'd rather just walk into a store where I know I'll find something of decent quality that looks brand new and that will last a long time rather than spending potentially hours digging through racks hoping to find something that looks decent, fits well enough, isn't in too bad condition, etc.

For big purchases like cars I like to try to find a bargain, but with clothes it doesn't feel like the money saved is worth the time spent.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love Bonobos stuff, but they might be a bit pricey for you. You can always pop into a showroom and see if you dig it.

Deleted member 2779

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I shopped at thrift stores a lot when I was in college. I actually worked at a "boutique" Goodwill for about a year too, I snagged a ton of great clothes for super cheap.

Now I just don't have the time. I can appreciate why some people like to save money that way, but I don't buy clothes that often, don't really care about fashion at all, and if I need something I'd rather just walk into a store where I know I'll find something of decent quality that looks brand new and that will last a long time rather than spending potentially hours digging through racks hoping to find something that looks decent, fits well enough, isn't in too bad condition, etc.

For big purchases like cars I like to try to find a bargain, but with clothes it doesn't feel like the money saved is worth the time spent.
In my head I was thinking of more of the ethics of fast fashion than saving money but I can imagine thrifting for clothes can become a chore when working full time, especially in those big ass ones in America.

OP
OP
Clay

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
I love Bonobos stuff, but they might be a bit pricey for you. You can always pop into a showroom and see if you dig it.

Not at all, in fact I think Bonobos would be cheaper than the Lululemon stuff. I've always liked the look of Bonobos' stuff nut I've heard their quality has declined since Walmart bought it.