• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

laziboi

Alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2019
Your Anus
Usually I find Game Awards announcements to be pretty predictable. I want more companies to announce something so un-expected and insane that nobody saw it coming.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Don't tell me you don't see it. Look up at the sky. It burns.

Oh God I need Elden Ring news, it's been three and a half years since the last Souls RPG and I'm starting to hollow out

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
Half Life VR's announcement would be a monumental Game Awards moment. I'd love to see all the live reactions, but I feel Valve will reveal it in their own time because Valve likes the quiet life. Sigh.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Halo Infinite gameplay
A Batman game (any will do at this point)
Ghosts of Tsushima gameplay
Bioshock 4 reveal

Usually I find Game Awards announcements to be pretty predictable. I want more companies to announce something so un-expected and insane that nobody saw it coming.

To be fair with next gen round the corner this year could be pretty interesting, barring any leaks I could see one or two big announcements.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
Elden Ring gameplay and Metroid Prime Trilogy and it would be a good day.

FFVI using the Octopath engine and it would be a perfect day.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not yet announcend:
Bioshock 4
Metroid Prime Trilogy

First gameplay from already announced titles:
Breath of the Wild 2
Elden Ring
Bayonetta 3

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Something Viva Pinata or Dead Rising.

I mean, I don't expect either in the slightest, but a man can dream.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We don't have an idea, but building a new studios requires time and Schreier reported about this new studio in 2018.

Yeah I linked the same article lol, but just because he reported on it in 2018 doesn't mean they just built it right before that. He in fact says they are already working on it. Even if we say they built the studio in like March or February 2018, that's almost 2 years by the time TGA happens. Not sure why that would be too early to show a teaser.

Black_Trace

May 31, 2019
I just want the gameplay reveal for Elden Ring. I honestly don't expect anything massive to be announced with the official next-gen console reveals around the corner. I imagine you will probably hear more about the Horizon: Zero Dawn sequel next year.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Halo 7, and mario galaxy 3 of course. Dont forget half life 3, portal 3, and left 4 dead 3. The ps vita 2 is a shoe in just know it.

NHarmonic.

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The camera opens to a nondescript wall. It's zoomed out, but slowly starts to zoom in. In the distance you can hear gunshots. The camera pans closer to the wall. You hear more frantic gunshots, some footsteps of someone running. The camera continues to hone very slowly on this section of the wall.

Groans, growls, and more gunshots. We start to see some muzzle flashes on the wall from off camera. We hear the grunt of a woman, then something hitting the ground, followed by another gunshot. As we get closer and closer, we hear the footsteps get louder and panting as this mystery woman runs away from something. We're zoomed in enough that we just see a blur of brown and blue as she darts down the pathway. Her footsteps and panting fade.

The wall bursts wide open. We hear two heavy footsteps, unnaturally heavy in fact. In the thick dust and debris, we can barely make out a hulking figure.

"S.T.A.A.A.A.R.S.!!!"

Through the dust, the Resident Evil 3 logo swirls into view.

June 2020.

I'm hyped. Let's go RE3make!

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Batman, please. It would still be a very baffling marketing choice (although I guess it ultimately has little to no impact), but it has to be there. Now, I wouldn't be terribly shocked if it isn't, tbh.

Also, Elden Ring, please. I have almost forgotten about it even if I'm sure it's going to be a clear contender for game of the generation. So yeah, really excited, and From already has some history with TGA.

Maybe a FF VII Remake trailer too (if not, at Jump Festa?). Show me Red XIII, you cowards.

I really have no expectations or even excitement towards it (as we know next to nothing), but I want to see Babylon's Fall, considering who's making it. The silence with regards to this doesn't inspire much confidence, especially as it was supposedly going to release this year.
I hope that this gets officially announced, and the title is revealed to be called 'Hogwarts: Magic Awakened', instead of 'Harry Potter: Magic Awakened'.
I hope that this gets officially announced, and the title is revealed to be called 'Hogwarts: Magic Awakened', instead of 'Harry Potter: Magic Awakened'.
Apparently, Harry Potter: Magic Awakened is a smartphone game that was announced recently and not the Hogwarts one (so I guess some information got crossed/misunderstood back when the game was leaked):

I too hope it makes no mention of Harry Potter. I can see "Wizarding World" being there, and "Hogwarts" would be a smart choice (due to how recognizable it is) that would also make sense for the kind of game it seems to be. WB already did something similar with Shadows of Mordor, so yeah.

Although I don't see this being announced until next-gen consoles are, well, formally announced themselves. I really don't think this is releasing on PS4 or Xbox One.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I would lose my shit if we see Elden Ring gameplay, but my hopes are so low that I won't even waste my time watching the show (because it's trash overall). If I'm wrong (and I really really hope to be), I'll just watch the footage later.

Elden Ring is a sure thing as far as gameplay reveals
It absolutely isn't. It was always just a rumour.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I would lose my shit if we see Elden Ring gameplay, but my hopes are so low that I won't even waste my time watching the show (because it's trash overall). If I'm wrong (and I really really hope to be), I'll just watch the footage later.

It absolutely isn't. It was always just a rumour.
Come on, it gets better with each entry. We're at least away from Hydrobot lol. Hoping we see Elden Ring too. And BotW2.
And Bayo 3 while we're at it.

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Metroid Prime Trilogy

Eventually it's gonna happen right? Right? Right?! RIGHT?!

This. But I figure it's further out as they'll want it out six months to a year before Metroid Prime 4's release to be part of the marketing build up and that is still a few years away after the complete reboot.

So I don't really know what I want/expect to be announced there. It seems like most of the remaining PS4/Xbox One games have been announced, and any new surprises they'll probably save for their own console official reveal events next year and E3. So that really mostly leaves Nintendo. On that front, I guess a new 3D Mario (be it an Odyssey sequel or something else) and/or something like Mario Galaxy HD remakes.

RedshirtRig

Nov 14, 2017
I want the mysterious, but not so mysterious Batman game to be shown for next gen since we are only a year away from that, coming out in 2021 same as new Batman movie.

Why 2021? Time and polish, baby, time and polish. Don't want another broke as fudge Arkham Knight PC situation.

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
IIRC, there were at least 25-30 games shown last year no? I wonder if they will begin to tease the next-gen.