• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
Looking at the PSN sale in the UK, I realise there are a lot of games I have never heard of probably because I mainly play the ones known in the mainstream like Rocket League etc and typical AAA ones like Assassins Creed etc, or I bet there are quite a few games that got overlooked because of their review rating (sometimes a 6/10 game could still be good fun and even good value if it is only say £10 rather than the original price I reckon)

I am into most types of games (but don't own VR)

So yeah what are some hidden gems you recommend, also they don't have to be on sale right now I can still keep and eye on them.

Thanks Era

Blablurn

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
DJ Max Respect.

You can buy it on the Hong Kong PSN Store.

Its a rythm based game. Super good music, a lot of content. Difficult but very entertaining.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, currently on sale for £10.49.

200.gif

Last edited:

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a big fan of Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir.

It's a 2D action- RPG with stellar combat, incredible art and a pretty solid story.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Furi is an fast paced indie action game with a tremendous synthwave OST. The game is a gauntlet of boss fights that oozes style. I think it's excellent.

Furi_01_TheChain.gif

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
N++ < if you want to play the dark souls of puzzle platformers
Iron Crypticle < if you like the binding of isaac and nex machina
Graceful Explosion Machine < if you enjoy games like Resogun
Ghost Blade HD < if you like old school SHMUPS
Polybius < if you like trippy Llamasoft games or tube shooters
Zombie Army Trilogy < if you like sniper elite or TPS
Salt and Sanctuary < if you like dark souls and metroidvanias
Amplitude < if you like rhythm games

Check em out. N++ and Salt & Sanctuary are top 10 this gen for me.

Last edited:

Cow

Oct 25, 2017
Rabi Ribi is an amazing metroidvania that most will probably be put off of due to the artstyle.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
Matterfall - Made by the same team (Housemarque) that did Resogun and Nex Machina. It'll make your hands bleed and you'll fuckin' love it.

Deadcore - Portal 2 meets Mirror's Edge meets Quake. Came out on PC back in 2014, finally made its way to PS4 middle of last year. A high speed platforming puzzle FPS. It sounds absurd, and it kind of is, but it's also damn good fun. Be prepared to die, though. A lot. Like, 500+ times on your first play. Thankfully deaths are cheap, and experimentation is welcome.

Deleted member 8197

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
DJ Max Respect.

You can buy it on the Hong Kong PSN Store.

Its a rythm based game. Super good music, a lot of content. Difficult but very entertaining.

I'd echo this recommendation - if you're into rhythm games at all it's really worth getting. Not that there's much to navigate, but the JP and Asia versions have full English menus - and if you go for a digital copy, or want to buy the DLC, the HK store is also in full English for ease of navigation.

Hours wise it was my most played game last year, and that includes two play-throughs of Persona 5.

It's getting a US release this year (likely just as a digital download) - I don't think it has been confirmed but it'd seem unlikely that it didn't get a similar treatment in EU at some point.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Hyper Light Drifter

hld-vid-3.0.0.gif

An isometric adventure game a little like Zelda but with great combat in a post apocalyptic world. Really good indie game.

OP
OP
Aftermath

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
Matterfall - Made by the same team (Housemarque) that did Resogun and Nex Machina. It'll make your hands bleed and you'll fuckin' love it.

Deadcore - Portal 2 meets Mirror's Edge meets Quake. Came out on PC back in 2014, finally made its way to PS4 middle of last year. A high speed platforming puzzle FPS. It sounds absurd, and it kind of is, but it's also damn good fun. Be prepared to die, though. A lot. Like, 500+ times on your first play. Thankfully deaths are cheap, and experimentation is welcome.

I did not know either of these games existed, and now I do thank you, both look right up my street

Kanyon

Oct 28, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
If you want an awesome FPS with a great single player campaign, robust multiplayer with lots of free updates and generally just a blast to play - Titanfall 2.

You should be able to get it cheap now too, I've seen it as low as $19 brand new (in Australia) which is a steal in my opinion.

Ryukori

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Unravel is a nice 2D puzzle platformer. It takes around 5 hours to beat.

The Little Acre is a beautiful point-and-click game with hand-drawn art. It only takes around an hour to beat, but the story is interesting and the art is just amazing.

Child of Light is an RPG, and the entire game's dialogue is in poetry. The art is also beautiful and feels like you're playing through a painting.

Dust: An Elysian Tail is a metroidvania with gorgeous art. It was also free on PS+ early in the PS4's life.

Transistor is a fantastic RPG with an excellent soundtrack. I believe it was also free on PS+ at some point.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My only problem with it is lack of polish. Hit detection and feedback can be really bad couple with some input lag.

I remember seeing a few complaints about input lag at launch - unfortunately the game doesn't do a good job of telling you that a dodge activates when the button is let go instead of when the button is pressed (to allow for charged dodges) which gave the impression of input lag.

Oh i do that sometimes yes, i need to check out if i did, thanks for the heads up

Edit: I did, fantastic

TxxuTTO.gif

Enjoy!

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Here is the list I recommend:

Transistor
Rime
Hellblade
Little monsters
Inside
Hob
Unfinished swan
Journey
Firewatch
Sexy brutale
Bastion
Abzu
Night in the woods
Last day of June
Okami HD
bound

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
Matterfall is widely regarded as Housemarques worst game out of their recent batch. Get Nex Machina or Resogun instead imo.

There are some valid complaints about the control scheme, which IMO could be better, but it's still a great game, and being the worst Housemarque game (which I don't think it is) is hardly a bad thing, given how great Housemarque games are in general. Matterfall isn't for everyone, it's not as simple as Resogun, but I love it.