• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ampersands

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who keeps their music library exclusively on Spotify, I feel like I've missed out on some choice releases simply because they're not available on the service. There's not a dearth of unavailable content as bad as video streaming services but the impression that all music is available from these services makes it much easier to overlook music that doesn't get that treatment.

So what are some of your favorite releases not officially available on the big streaming services?

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
El-Ps first two albums aren't on any streaming services and it's a goddamn travesty.

edit:

Also a few skramz bands. Circle Takes the Square and Off Minor don't have a big streaming presence. Shit blows.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Acid Bath's two albums are not on Spotify or YouTube, and it's a shame because they're some of the greatest sludge metal albums of all time.

Damisa Sarki

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 19, 2018
Blu and Exile's Below The Heavens is a fucking classic and its a travesty that it's not available ANYWHERE

Lost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hawaii by The High Llamas
Hellboy by Lil Peep
Nostalgia Ultra by Frank Ocean
Endless by Frank Ocean
Eureka by Jim O'Rourke
Live.Love.ASAP by ASAP Rocky

(Will update)

Last edited:

Con_Smith

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That whole 2004 - 2008 dipset mixtape run had some of the craziest tracks and features that I can no longer find. Also alot of heatmakerz best work with lesserknowns like chubby baby and purple city byrdgang, which ironically the latter seems to actually have their group efforts pushed on play music at least.

Early At least mixtapes from Unforgiven, a group that fathered alot of the punk trap shit going on now that will never show up amongst other early Atlanta dude's before the TI Jeezy bubble broke the game open.

Oct 27, 2017
Acid Bath's two albums are not on Spotify or YouTube, and it's a shame because they're some of the greatest sludge metal albums of all time.

good taste!

i have seen "when the kite string pops" full album upload on youtube a few times. It gets taken down within a days, but another one gets uploaded by another person pretty quickly. this is why rip a lot of full albums from youtube, they always get taken down for copyright.

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
good taste!

i have seen "when the kite string pops" full album upload on youtube a few times. It gets taken down within a days, but another one gets uploaded by another person pretty quickly. this is why rip a lot of full albums from YouTube, they always get taken down for copyright.
Yeah, when they are up they don't stay for long, however I just ended up getting the albums on CD myself, though I still need to get their demo compilation.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
The real old Front Bottoms albums are about the only things I listen to that aren't on Spotify.
Oh and also the great NYC band, Hank Wood and the Hammerheads.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
GPM is missing Pallbearer's debut album, Sorrow and Extinction. Not sure why as they have the later two albums, and the debut album is from the same record label as the rest so not sure why - usually albums may be missing from services due to different labels when they were produced due to potential unresolved legal reasons, but it doesn't seem to be the case here.

Meatfist

Oct 25, 2017
Acid Rap :( there's a lot of great mixtapes that'll never hit streaming services since they never cleared the samples they used

Porco Rosso

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Big Audio Dynamite - F-Punk and MxPx - Slowly Going the Way of the Buffalo are both 2 albums I love that aren't on Spotify (in Canada at least).

littledipster

Jul 30, 2018
Captain Murphy - Duality
Joey Bada$$ - 1999
Mac DeMarco - Old Dog Demos
Mac DeMarco - Some Other Ones

These at least aren't on Apple Music, not sure about spotify. I always end up listening to them on Youtube if I want to hear them!

JiliK

Nov 1, 2017

When is it Viper's time?!?

PlYSQD0m.jpg

That time, my friend, is now.
(Well, at least on Spotify in Ireland anyway. :D)

Speaking of hip hop legends, holy shit, Chuggo is on here too?!

7tlWAiYm.jpg

(I love how the song titles are in all caps, so you know he's serious.)

LucidMomentum

Nov 18, 2017
It used to be Pete Rock & INI's Center of Attention from 2003 but as of last year they finally put it on streaming services and made vinyls.

Last edited:

collige

Oct 31, 2017
There's almost too much to name. Big points for me would be all of Terre Thaemlitz (DJ Sprinkles) and all of Ricardo Villalobos' discographies.

smart patrol

Oct 27, 2017
The big ones for me are:

My Bloody Valentine - You Made Me Realise/Feed Me With Your Kiss EPs, MBV
Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway
King Crimson's classic discography
Spacemen 3's discography
A lot of random Aphex Twin stuff

Zelenogorsk

Banned
Mar 1, 2018
Two albums I wish were on Spotify are Fear of a Blank Planet by Porcupine Tree and Hell Is Empty and All the Devils Are Here by Anaal Nathrakh

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Porcupine Tree's Fear of a blank planet. At lessdt it's not on spotify.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think any streaming service has a complete Aphex Twin/AFX/The Tuss/etc. discography.

Mac Miller's Faces is unavailable on streaming along with the vast majority of Juicy J's tapes.