• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

moneywoes

Nov 17, 2017
Recently got done with finals for my (hopefully) 2nd last semester with the new year coming up I wanted to know if anyone had some small tips for making day to day life to better.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
Meditation in the morning, traditional or not, can make a world of difference. Focusing on the things that matter and becoming one with your internal dialogue every morning is a pretty amazing feeling.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Keeping your space tidy and practicing self-care really helps a bunch.

subrock

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Stop yourself before voicing negative opinions. It's fine to disagree, but if you find yourself just being mean refocus your energy on something positive.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Learn to cook. Know how to clean.

It reduces your money woes.....no offense intended. >.>

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Care for other people, find out the people that suffer in silence and acknowledge the people you hurt through indifference or abuse.

texmechanica

Nov 19, 2018
automate savings from your income, whether it's a retirement fund or savings account. increase these automatic contributions as your pay increases.

Hubologist

Nov 1, 2017
Treating your home as your temple - keep things clean, organized. If there's one thing Jordan Peterson endorses that I agree with, it's the whole "clean your room" spiel.

king_kerry

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Work out. Great form of meditation and good self care.
Stay hydrated.
When stressed out, take a step back and do a big breath in and out and you'll feel all the better.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
Learn how to cook and do it as often as possible.
Cannabis.
Learn to enjoy things by yourself, like concerts.
Pets.
Sex.
Kinky sex.

Acinixys

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
I don't see how sex makes day to day life easier? If anything it's a messy distraction.

I would say:
Make a budget and stick to it. When I get my payslip I do an extensive breakdown of my expenses. It helps a lot with keeping track of your money, and you spend less on garbage you don't need.

Keep a small notebook in your pocket to make notes throughout the day. It helps me a lot with keeping track of things.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
Get a little exercise

And I ain't saying this because I always live by it, I don't. But you should get a little exercise. You don't have to do crossfit or 100 pull ups or whatever, just take a walk or get on your exercise bike or at least do some jumping jacks. It's one of the only things you can do that consistently makes you feel better and is also good for you.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I don't see how sex makes day to day life easier? If anything it's a messy distraction.

I would say:
Make a budget and stick to it. When I get my payslip I do an extensive breakdown of my expenses. It helps a lot with keeping track of your money, and you spend less on garbage you don't need.

Keep a small notebook in your pocket to make notes throughout the day. It helps me a lot with keeping track of things.

Yeah I was wondering if some of those were joke post. So much more to life than sex imo.

- For me, journaling and keeping a pocket notebook on hand
- Exercise and anything active is a good way to have an out or clear your head while keeping you fit
- Some self-discipline: discipline will take care of you like nothing else will, this is the key, this is the one trick to freedom
- Managing your finances
- Consider traveling somewhere you've always wanted to go and figure out how you're gonna get there
- Walk outside before starting on a tough project or something you do not want to do
- Talking or listening to someone you care about or checking on a loved one
- Reading a book from time to time
- Self-love stuff, even when you hate yourself, it's ok to show yourself some love
- Disconnecting from the internet or tech every once and a while, I do no think we were meant to look at screens so much
- Drink water you fucks
- Sleep well you fucks
- Take time off error every now and then you fucks

Dec 6, 2018
Maybe not exactly in your case but vote, its one day every like two years.

Text someone you haven't talked to in awhile
Call your family
Call your grandparents if you are lucky enough to still have them