• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I never see anybody talking about my boy Minior. It's super cute, has two unique gimmicks between its ability and the fact that it comes in seven different colors, and it even learns Shell Smash, so it's perfectly usable in battle.
maxresdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Best of all though, is it's Shiny. Just look at this bad boy:
tumblr_oixax6KYl61qioqevo1_250.gif

(I actually managed to catch one of these thanks to an insane stroke of luck, so I may be biased as hell)

It's a shame that Gamefreak did Minior dirty. IIRC there isn't a single trainer in all of Alola that actually has one on their team, so if you don't see it in the wild, you don't see it at all. Plus they all know Self-Destruct by default, so its a pain in the ass to catch one if there's any particular color that you have your eye on.

So ERA, what Pokemon do YOU think deserves more love?

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
SPOINK
tumblr_pcai4kIcUY1uqk9d4o1_400.gif

Reasons Spoink is super cool:
- name is very fun to say
- look at that cute face
- always bouncing. never stop bouncing. literally dies if it stops bouncing
- wears a pearl as a hat

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Raichu.

My favorite pokemon constantly living in the shadow of it's more popular pre-evolutions.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Minior got a pretty sad episode in the show too...

They basically just live for a few days and then die.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
This little cutie...maybe the most overhated pokemon ever....for no damn reason. Cute, clever design, and is ice cream.
giphy.webp

1526589430403.gif

QuestionableShockingDogwoodclubgall-size_restricted.gif

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Without dipping into the too obscure, my boy in green, Flygon, really got shafted by Garchomp. It's got few redeeming qualities outside of levitate compared to its younger brother.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Trubbish and Garbodor get a lot of shit for being garbage... But they do a pretty good job of it. They have creative designs and neat lore with being helpful for the environment. I love the clear progression of the evolution with Trubbish's trash bag exploding to become Garbodor's mask.

tumblr_me5zauTZJB1qjcuiko1_400.gif

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Glalie. Fucking thing just looks rad as hell. I was absolutely shocked when it got a Mega Evolution.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Combee is such a great simple concept that's also one of the best "trio" pokemon of surprisingly many because it makes more sense than most.
tumblr_oroqkhLqxP1uh3x51o6_r1_400.gif

And a special mention to common targets of SASS like Vanilluxe, Trubbish and Crabominable.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Love my boy Stantler. Fuck sawsbuck. Stupid gimmick pokemon whose whole idea doesn't even work since they just straight-up removed seasons from the later gens

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
8-Wartortle.png

Overshadowed by Blastoise for good reason (final evo, giant water cannons), I always loved Wartortle's wing cap ears and fluffy tail. It's so adorable!

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My dude Scraggy is the real star of Gen 5.

250px-Ash_Scraggy.png

I just think he has a unique design. Weird lizard type thing with "baggy pants", big round eyes. Don't like his evolution as much though.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Carbink is a very cute l'il rock, honestly my fave rock type

250px-703Carbink.png

also Wurmple is adorable. Best worms are Wurmple > Caterpie > Grubbin > Sewaddle > Weedle > Scatterbug

250px-265Wurmple.png

And Marill is under-appreciated, in that I think it deserves to be marketed on the same scale as the likes of Eevee.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Love some of the mentions already. Combee and Vanillite are great.
Other under appreciated Pokémon are Sunkern (so cuuute), Cherrim and Glameow

OP
OP
RochHoch

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Oh on this subject, there are a number of pre-evos I love but are constantly outshined by their most popular evolutions.

Like this sweet and precious but still bad ass little boy.

500px-696Tyrunt.png

ERAsaur

Oct 25, 2017
178Xatu_GS.png

Good old Xatu. Nearly impossible to find in Gold and Silver and the perfect amount of creepy for a Psychic type without going into Ghost territory. Always kept from the spotlight too, either because of its rarity, terrible Gen 2 moveset*, one of the few Pokemon that were hit with the flying animations stick, or just because it's been completely outclassed over time. Oh well, at least its cry became a meme soundfont.
Box_XD_178.png

*which is frustrating because in 1997 they designed the thing around trapping moves and it had a few actual Psychic moves.
jlqbCX7.png