• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1481607004822.png

I love them...

Timeless to me. They are so classic and remain modern feeling to me. Absolutely adore this line.

Deleted member 40102

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
People misunderstood the title.... most of those pokemon in those thread aren't underappreciated, they just actually suck.

OP
OP
RochHoch

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
People misunderstood the title.... most of those pokemon in those thread aren't underappreciated, they just actually suck.
I made this thread to promote positive discussion about Pokemon that arent brought up as much.

If you're gonna be an ass, do it somewhere else.

Deleted member 40102

Banned
Feb 19, 2018

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Dhelmise.

As an object Pokemon it doesn't get a ton of hate compared to some of the other ones, but it's not praised a lot either---I think it has a very strong and weighty design and the idea of cursed seaweed is so cool to me.

I hope they expand that in a later game, like an entire ghost ship area that's taken over by the seaweed.

Oranguru is another awesome Gen 7 Pokemon I don't see a lot of talk about. I love it in the show especially due to how it plays up how human-like it is, working as a bartender and going on vacation to a spa resort.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Honchkrow doesn't need your fucking appreciation lmao he knows he's the best and would rather you just not forget it

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Metagross is the coolest pokemon, its literally a super computer with telekinesis with a tank-like body. It has 4 brains and probably could rule the world if it wanted to, also it can fly.

Feb 20, 2019
Barbaracle.
250px-689Barbaracle.png

This guy is based on barnacles ( no shit. ), but especially gooseneck barnacles. With their weird shape, Gf designers turned them into hands. Cool!
images

And idiots say: "This is just hands slapped on rocks! Give me back muh fire dog and fox with many tails, this is much more original GF!"

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Arcanine

Simply put, Arcanine is near GOAT status and isn't widely considered as such. Very under appreciated

Harp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I always felt some of my favorites were underappreciated as just "standard" pokemon- Golduck, Sandslash, Electabuzz, Ursaring, Ampharos, and Tyranitar. It's been a long ass time since I paid attention to pokemon for more than a few minutes though, so I could be off on that estimation.

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome choice, OP. Love me some Minior as well.

B61149A753FA3B319222983033A69B47B7E6C250

These little buggers can do no wrong in my eyes. The inspiration behind their design is pretty dope too.

Bull shit! This little asshole is not under appreciated. Anyone annoying enough to build a Stall team usually has this cretin on their team. It was also everywhere during the gen 6 Meta game along with Talonflame. I still see this little asshole often when playing online.

You clearly don't understand what under appreciated is!

My pick would be Weezing, Garbardor, or Golduck

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
250px-733Toucannon.png

Toucannon
it's a mean looking Toucan, what more do you want?

drilbur.jpg

look at this goober

bouffalant.jpg

i don't know if this pokemon has fans or not but i do know it's not considered the best ever which makes it very underrated.

greenwell

Jan 12, 2018
Great taste, OP, Minior is one of my favorite mons period. So cute and an amazing shiny to boot! Shame a lot of people overlook it.

This little cutie...maybe the most overhated pokemon ever....for no damn reason. Cute, clever design, and is ice cream.
giphy.webp

1526589430403.gif

QuestionableShockingDogwoodclubgall-size_restricted.gif
Look at how happy it is!! Vanillite is so adorable and definitely doesn't deserve any of the hate it gets.

And I'll throw Joltik in there too.

tumblr_n5wtvtsdOP1sfvh8co1_400.gif

They really strike the balance between simplicity and complexity. Cool, immediately understandable concept. The perfect Pokemon.
Electric spiders are such an awesome concept but I don't think Joltik is underappreciated at all. It's like the one bug pokemon most fans like and Galvantula is the one that's overlooked despite having such a great design too. They're both among of my top favorites though.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
My boi Trapinch evolves into Flygon despite looking like a Scizor's hand grew legs at his earliest evolution and I think that's just swell.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
giphy.gif
AdvancedMetallicBengaltiger-size_restricted.gif
malamar-2.gif
giphy-gif.155778
latest
latest
gliscor-gif.129289
Sprxymsh565.gif
Sprslm773.gif
sharpedo_zps3f2a80ed.gif~c200
hydreigon-5.gif

All of these.
Zoroark, Chesnaught, Malamar, Excadrill, Cofagrigus, Luxray, Gliscor, Carracosta, Silvally, Sharpedo, Hydreigon

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Gen 5 really has some grand first stage mon
tumblr_os2owsTDNF1uh3x51o2_250.gif
tumblr_onrl1gZX8W1uh3x51o4_250.gif
tumblr_oslmxaNKw11uh3x51o3_250.gif

Imagine coming into this thread and pushing your actually popular pokemon when you could spread the love
Raichu fans persecution complex

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
These badass need more love.(one for each generation)
240px-286Breloom.png

Breloom is love. Get you one with the right nature and mach punch everything to death. I also love Shroomish as he's my spirit animal. Little grump.

I love one big stupid eel
Eelektross.jpg

He was introduced in Black and White right? I remember adding him to my team pretty late on and his animations being wild.

784Kommo-o_Dream.png

One of my favourite mons, and the best pseudo design IMO. Criminally overlooked.

His first form was so cute. I just hated how noisy it got in his last stage. Just felt like Coins on limbs. But I used him when I could in Moon/Sun until I shamelessly pulled stuff from the Pokebank to make my old team back haha.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
178Xatu_GS.png

Good old Xatu. Nearly impossible to find in Gold and Silver and the perfect amount of creepy for a Psychic type without going into Ghost territory. Always kept from the spotlight too, either because of its rarity, terrible Gen 2 moveset*, one of the few Pokemon that were hit with the flying animations stick, or just because it's been completely outclassed over time. Oh well, at least its cry became a meme soundfont.
Box_XD_178.png

*which is frustrating because in 1997 they designed the thing around trapping moves and it had a few actual Psychic moves.
jlqbCX7.png
I remember trying for hours to find one of these in those games (or more likely its first form). This design really stuck out to me at the time. Nice pick.

240px-169Crobat.png
No joke, I always have a Crobat on my main team ever since G/S. One of my favorite designs and Pokemon of all time. Always need this bad boy on my main roster.

For my own picks, I'm going to give a shout out to these two.

Cloyster
cloyster.jpg

and Sneasel
ani215.gif

Been a big fan of these two and maybe I don't pay much attention, but I don't feel like they get enough love.

Nov 1, 2017
Remoraid is pretty cool. It's a revolver.
223Remoraid_GS.png

I wish it evolved into a bazooka or something and had Octillery as a counterpart, instead. Oh well.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
250px-062Poliwrath.png
240px-169Crobat.png
240px-286Breloom.png
240px-430Honchkrow.png
240px-565Carracosta.png
240px-687Malamar.png
240px-756Shiinotic.png
my man

though, I'm not the biggest fan of honchkrow.

Really, with as many Pokemon there are, it's likely the vast majority are underappreciated. It's hard to draw a line and hard to pick which don't get enough attention!

I'll add another seemingly underappreciated mushroomy poke:
250px-047Parasect.png

Last edited:

MJnR

Mar 13, 2019
Don't know if they are considered underappreciated but Skarmory and Lapras are two Pokemons I like to have in every game and other than 'yeah, it's can be decently strong' for Lapras I don't see those two mentioned often. Typhlosion, Skarmory and Lapras are my favorite pokemons ever.

MarcelRguez

Nov 7, 2018
Bull shit! This little asshole is not under appreciated. Anyone annoying enough to build a Stall team usually has this cretin on their team. It was also everywhere during the gen 6 Meta game along with Talonflame. I still see this little asshole often when playing online.

You clearly don't understand what under appreciated is!

My pick would be Weezing, Garbardor, or Golduck
It's you who doesn't seem to understand that, no matter how much people like Sableye, it's not enough.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
I see lot's of excellent Pokemon and I'm not sure if they're really underrated - I mean there's just over 800 Pokemon what percentage would be considered popular? But here's 2 I think are under and not mentioned yet:

250px-195Quagsire.png

It's so happy all the time it loves life and it's adorable so why the fuck would anyone not like Quagsire. And it's always had a battling niche even if it was never one of the best - especially when it got recover and unaware as an ability.

250px-073Tentacruel.png

What we have here is a very menacing jelly fish. Maybe no one loves it because of all the Tentacool in the ocean and how annoying they are but this guy is bad to the bone and he looks like those War of the Worlds (Tom Cruise version) alien ships. He too has always had a unique battling niche as a rapid spinner.