• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
These aren't great animes but had great opening songs:

Ayashi no Ceres

Vandread

There's just something about 90s anime intros.

TerminusFox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If we're talking mainstream, Bleach has this down pack. Naruto is close, but Bleach has far more consistency.

Those first three openings are GOAT.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta post this, I will not be silenced:

---

Here's a traditional one

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Gotta show some love to Platina Jazz, turning your fav anime intros into smooth sound~~

Kenshin's is a banger. The translated version is great, too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bxNEtkGG7U

I do love Saint Seiya's Pegasus Fantasy, Gundam Wing's Just Commuication, and Wedding Peach's theme song (whose name I don't know), but I'll ultimately have to say Sailor Moon's Moonlight Densetsu.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce0ZzDDk3dY

Pascal

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
I'm just gonna list off a bunch of my favorites:

Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Neon Genesis Evangelion (that gospel cover posted earlier was amazing btw), Yu Yu Hakusho, and every single Jojo op in existence (Bloody Stream and Great Days especially). Those are the best ones I've seen. I don't watch a whole lot of anime though.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since I'm watching HXH for the first time atm... How about the opening with the Phantom Troupe attack scenes. Mainly for the You can smile with Uvogin's face.

EarthPainting

Oct 26, 2017
Town adjacent to Silent Hill

Baccano's is still so impressive to me. It's not the most flashy or alluring intro out there, but the way it all flows into each other is so smooth. It effortlessly introduces you to the large cast to show what they're like and what their dynamic is with some of the others, and teases both small and huge plot points. The biggest thing it has working against it is that it doesn't have any vocals, which will make it less memorable among other OPs. I do think their choice of music fits the show perfectly though.

"What is Jojo's Bizarre Adventure?"

"Got it."

This is pretty much exactly how Jojo was introduced to me. I assumed it was just another of those bland fight-animes of which there are thousands, and none of the people I knew that watched it were willing to give me spoilers. We were at an impasse where I didn't want to give it a try, and they didn't know how to sell it to me without ruining part of the ride. One person showed me two Jojo OPs, and it was what helped me take the plunge. They showed off perfectly my preconceived notions on the show's vibe and style were misplaced. The series is stylish as fuck, weird as hell, and so camp that you'll be expecting to roast marshmallows at some point.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno about best intro, but Jojo definitely has the best ED.

Not sure how others feel about it but honestly, Part 3's Last Train Home is the best ending.

It's one of the few endings to actually get an emotional reaction from me.

I will say though, I'm going through Part 4 right now (just got into the series, plan on making an LTTP when I finish Part 4 and do it for the whole anime up to that point), and got to say... Outside the latest opening (breakdown), the openings for Part 4 are honestly super disappointing. Since they didn't outsource it for the CGI like they did for Parts 1 ~ 3 it felt far more generic. Like 100000000% times more generic.

MattWilsonCSS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is killing my browser so I won't add another Youtube embed, but Michiko & Hatchin's OP is a triumph of graphic design and club jazz. And the dancing animation in Hare & Guu's OP is something special.

KonradLaw

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Baccano definitely:

Runner up for me would be:

Not just great song and visuals, but it perfectly shows what the series is about.

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
I think overall Bloody Stream is my favorite of the OPs but I got to give it for Part 3's Second Opening, Sono Chi no Kioku, specifically when it 'changes' near the final episodes.

(Spoilers for the show if anyone here plans on watching it.)

I did like the change, but I'm just honestly not a big fan of OP3. OP2 always got me in the mood for Jojo.

I have such a hard time choosing my favorite FMA Brotherhood OP. Honestly, while the earlier ones were incredible, OP5 did such a good job as the final OP.

MotionBlue

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Personally, Cruel Angel's Thesis (Neon Genesis Evangelion)

This really is the best answer. I have yet to visit a karaoke bar that doesn't have the song.

Ergo Proxy, GITS:SAC were both amazing. Eureka Seven also had tons of amazing music, not just in the intro. Eureka Seven holds a special place in my heart.

Hero-of-Time

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta go with FMA: Brotherhood opening 4.

Naruto Shippuden opening 4 is a close second. I can't find a Youtube link for it that works, as a copyright block seems to be in effect for it the UK. :(