• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
We don't know anything about the Switch version yet (other than it being based off the PS4 one), but I REALLY want to take this game on the go. The game will probably suffer some graphical hits, but I don't care. What are the chances Square-Enix will leave this version in Japan?

**Thread was created for contributor/member "shimshonnehorai " as part of the Adopt a User Program. If you any specific questions or comments in regards to the content of the OP, please reach out to him directly: https://www.resetera.com/members/shimshonnehorai.22770/

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Really high chances for the Switch version, considering it's still being made, in UE4, and with the same script.
I'd be a lot more worried about the 3DS version sadly, even if there's a chance of it coming just due to Nintendo wanting some 3DS games next year.

linko9

Oct 27, 2017
If they're localizing the game anyway, they'd be throwing away money to not bring over the Switch version as well.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
I mean its already announced
For the west. If Square Enix doesnt want to publish it, im sure Nintendo will.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Depending on what it is, I'd say 70-100%. If it's a port of the PS4 version then it's a lock. If it's something else, then I think there's still a good chance.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
100%, just like PS4.

The real question is: will they release together?

The PS4 version is not coming before Late Spring-Summer 2018, and the game is built on UE4, so i hope there is a chance they can get it up and running (and well optimized!) for the Switch in time for a simultaneous release.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
100%
I would be legit shook if it didn't. Real question is whether it launches day and date with the other versions

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
70%? Probably will be localized after the PS4 one releases. Not 100% sure tho because of japanese companies and exclusivity deals, the Switch version will still take a long time to release.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Probably. I think that's the whole reason they delayed sharing any info about localization (including platforms) until fall. I'd wager we get info on the PS4/Switch localization the same time Japan gets its official Switch announcement.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
100%, day and date of the PS4 version. It's the 3DS version you should worry about.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what the chances are of them finally revealing this phantom third version before the PS4 version releases here.

SunDimension24

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Very Very Very High chance it will come over stateside. The only thing we will have to wonder about is will the 3DS version come over here and will there be a PC version announced for the west.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
I'm feeling it depends a lot on how much Nintendo wants it. And I'm guessing they do? I don't see why they would squander the opportunity to have a high profile jrpg on the system, even if it isn't super popular in the West. It's the kind of thing that builds cred among hardcore fans.

It's my most anticipated version, anyway. Hope we see what it is soon.

Deleted member 62

Nintendo is bringing over Dragon Quest Builders to Switch. So if Square Enix won't bring over the Switch version of Dragon Quest 11, Nintendo probably will.

R_thanatos

Oct 27, 2017
Mostly good i'd say .
The switch is hot right now , the game is anticipated , the previous dragon quest game ( DQ9 ) was on 3ds and sold well .

There is no reason to panic.

Quo Vadis

Oct 27, 2017
At this point, I think it's guaranteed. Seeing the work Nintendo has put on the Dragon Quest franchise the past few entries (DQ7 & DQ8 on 3DS) and how they were adamant about bringing the games outside of Japan, I believe it's safe to say it is coming stateside.

Part of me hopes that the Switch version will release alongside the PS4 in the west...maybe...hopefully?
Please do it Square/Nintendo

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would bet PS4 and Switch will release day and date in the west.

I wonder if they drop 3DS though

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
DQXI on switch should contain both the modern look and the 3ds old school look.

How sweet would it be to play on your tv in modern and then as soon as you undock it flips to the 3ds version.