• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
I must say, pretty high at this point. Numerous people expected at least a tease of some sort in the direct, but Nintendo begged to differ. I really think it's getting delayed. It's been quite a while since IS worked on console Fire Emblem, they probably struggled to reinvent the series on it, or the game is largest, most ambitious Fire Emblem yet. People will say, yeah just wait until E3. Know what people said before? Just wait until the next direct. At this point, I think we should just dropped the fact that Nintendo announced it last year and assume it's going to be early 2019 title.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
There's no reason to believe it's delayed. It's only March and they gave us a general 2018 release date.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo has been pretty spot on for release date on Switch so far, I still believe.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I think it will be the december game like XBX was last year. It's going to be a pretty major game that they will want to market a lot.

ragnarok21

Nov 26, 2017
I'm one of those who thought Xenoblade 2 was impossible in 2017. I think the fact that it is shown in their financial statements as 2018 still indicates they can release it Sept-Nov.

It's half hope half "they do whatever they want with dates lol"

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Nintendo has held true to their word on release time-frames thus far. No reason to doubt them now.

Of course, if we don't hear anything by E3, then we can worry.

MattWilsonCSS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IntSys doesn't have a whole lot going on other than FE so I doubt it will miss its release date, unless they suddenly divert resources to a Pushmo Switch title.

Nav

Oct 27, 2017
Today's direct was an elegy for FE16 for Fire Emblem fans. Delayed in NA/EU? Or release with substantial post-launch QoL patches like Xenoblade 2 maybe.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
MĂ©xico
I don't know, to me it depends on whether Pokemon ends up releasing in 2018 too.

With Smash guaranteed being one of the big titles for Nintendo this year, it seems to me they'll try to push either Pokemon or Fire Emblem to early 2019 to try and keep their big franchises with enough breathing room.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Doubt it. I think we'll probably see it at E3 then with a Fire Emblem focussed Direct a couple of months later, then release towards the end of the year. It's going to be a packed second half of the year for Switch with Smash Bros, Octopath, Fire Emblem and maybe even Pokemon if we're lucky.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I don't know, to me it depends on whether Pokemon ends up releasing in 2018 too.

With Smash guaranteed being one of the big titles for Nintendo this year, it seems to be they'll try to push either Pokemon or Fire Emblem to early 2019 to try and keep their big franchises with enough breathing room.
I could see Smash being September to launch the new online service, Pokémon in November, & Fire Emblem in December.

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
Nintendo does whatever they want. If they haven't announced a delay, I'l assume it's still coming. Heck, they even promised Smash in 2018, so anything is possible.

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
It's only March so it could still happen but was curiously MIA, I thought for sure it'd be here but nope. Certainly seems less likely to be this year since we haven't seen anything on it yet but we'll just have to wait and see.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
We are still in March... You guys need to relax a bit lol. After XB2 you should know better.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be shocked to see it slip to 2019, but by the end of 2018 Fates will be three and a half years old in Japan. Even accounting for moving to Switch, that's a pretty good amount of time for IntSys' main team (especially if they don't do two versions again, and they probably won't.)

Fates had a pretty small "reveal to release" window too - IIRC it was first revealed in January 2015 (and properly revealed in April) and was out in July. So Nintendo could still happily show it around E3 for a December release.

Oct 27, 2017
Why would we not expect early 2019? Didn't Fates and Awakening launch then?

I know Nintendo said 2018 but it's easy to read the room on this one. If it doesn't make 2018 it's not like it will go farther than Feb 2019 like past entries

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I think they'll just be revealing it at E3 for a Q3/Q4 release. Fates had a quick turnaround too as others have said.

Might miss 2018 outside of Japan for the translation though.

KraytarJ

Nov 14, 2017
There's still a very real chance it gets revealed at e3 and launches late in the year. I'd also say there's no chance it's not a worldwide simultaneous release. Considering none of their stuff has been delayed on Switch I still believe.

chase beck

Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Oh god, not this again. Remember Xenoblade 2?

Wait until E3

I agree that it still has a chance, but Xenoblade 2 was announced in January 2017 with gameplay and everything, whereas FE was announced near the same time, and has been 100% silent since. Even if it came out around the same time Xenoblade 2 did, we're 2 months behind even its schedule relatively speaking.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
I think they'll just be revealing it at E3 for a Q3/Q4 release. Fates had a quick turnaround too as others have said.

Might miss 2018 outside of Japan for the translation though.

Actually, I wonder if it might not be getting held back slightly so Nintendo can do a global release/SKU. They seem to be pushing for simultaneous release for their flagship titles these days.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
It's too late to release it in April-May now, which has been the go-to for Fire Emblem releases since Awakening, so it's either a late 2018 title (which I don't think is wise) or has indeed been delayed to 2019. Genuinely shocked that it didn't show up in today's Direct which contributed heavily to be overall disappointment with it.

lolilolailo

Oct 27, 2017
OMG there will be almost no games from September to November, since most companies haven't announced shit yet and are waiting until a later date. What are we going to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.