• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft has been preaching equal support to PC and Xbox One for over a year including cross buy support happening. What are the chances the PC versions of games like Gears 4, and other games receive free patches that add the extra features (HDR, enhanced textures, etc) like the Xbox One X is getting?

Please Microsoft show us results after all of the talk!

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft has been preaching equal support to PC and Xbox One for over a year including cross buy support happening. What are the chances the PC versions of games like Gears 4, and other games receive free patches that add the extra features (HDR, enhanced textures, etc) like the Xbox One X is getting?

Please Microsoft show us results after all of the talk!

Most Xbox One X patches are to put the Xbox One X on equal terms to the PC...

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
HDR is kinda new for PC gaming. way way way more HDR TV's than monitors. I dont even remember seeing any last time i was at best buy while almost all TV's were HDR.

Right now all the HDR pc support is meant for people using 4K/HDR tvs on their PCs.

Like me.

And yes from what I gather all these updates are to bring the X1 versions closer to the PC versions, with the caveat that HDR is the major variable. Still, we are getting there on PC. A couple major titles supporting PC HDR this fall. Last year it was like 2.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As mentioned, most of these Xbox One X patches are designed to bring the console version closer to the PC version. As for HDR, that's a very complex issue. For whatever reason, HDR support really isn't common on PC.

LoyalPhoenix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Right now all the HDR pc support is meant for people using 4K/HDR tvs on their PCs.

Like me.

And yes from what I gather all these updates are to bring the X1 versions closer to the PC versions, with the caveat that HDR is the major variable. Still, we are getting there on PC. A couple major titles supporting PC HDR this fall. Last year it was like 2.
I wouldn't expect that almost every title has it until maybe 2019.

Pagusas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Frisco, Tx
Nvidia, Ati and Microsoft need to get their butts moving on HDR on PC's. If we can't max out the visuals PC's lose there advatage to me.

OP
OP
hlhbk

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
If I understand it aren't they adding higher res textures on the xbox one X versions that aren't available on pc?