• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shuno

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
But in attempt to be more positive I'll say that people should probably be less interested in what the game could be and more interested in what From could've done with the game

World of Dark Souls, Open-World/Co-op/Loot-Slasher/GaaS confirmed (and a Battle Royale mode 4 months after release).

Deleted member 37092

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 31, 2017
An action role-playing game with a dark fantasy setting similar to Dark Souls, but approached from a 'different angle'.
The next game is 100% this.

Folks keep thinking what this "different angle" could possibly be...

WHAT IF......The game is super stuffed with SJW...you can only play as a female character(From on the dark side).

Baloota

May 12, 2018
Egypt
From usually hints at their next new game. Dark Souls had Marvellous Chester and Bloodborne had Yamamura.
At first glance i didn't notice any out of place character in Sekiro but then i remembered this guy
robertosdad_(1).jpg

He wears an armor and wielding a big ass sword. He came from the south searching for a cure for his son and they used to sell Firecrackers in order to raise funds for their travels.
This could possibly be the hint or i'm overthinking it.
It's also worth mentioning that his son name is Robert which confirms the Game of Thrones rumor and that the main character is Robert Baratheon.

Muntaner

May 12, 2018
From usually hints at their next new game. Dark Souls had Marvellous Chester and Bloodborne had Yamamura.
At first glance i didn't notice any out of place character in Sekiro but then i remembered this guy
robertosdad_(1).jpg

He wears an armor and wielding a big ass sword. He came from the south searching for a cure for his son and they used to sell Firecrackers in order to raise funds for their travels.
It's also worth mentioning that his son name is Robert which confirms the Game of Thrones rumor and that the main character is Robert Baratheon.

I was also thinking about this guy.

But then I realized that FromSoftware's hints to next games are always placed in DLCs, never in the main game.

If this guy is the suggestion... it should mean that Sekiro will get no DLCs or their timeline of development "forced" them to place the hint in the main game.

But maybe we are overthinking everything...

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
But he also said that we'll love the game if we liked the "last decade" of FromSoftware productions.

Which is mostly soulslikes...

Even Miyazaki has said
"While it isn't the time to discuss details, they're both [From Software]-esque games," Miyazaki said. "We'll need a little more time, but we'll be able to tell everyone more about them once they take shape."

It doesn't necessarily have to be a straight up souls game and the way Omni is talking about possibilities makes me think they might be trying to push themselves. This can be making a open world structured game to switching back to FPS etc. The rumor about the open world game with kingdoms you can visit in any order suddenly doesn't feel all that crazy.

•79•

Banned
Sep 22, 2018
South West London, UK
A Microsoft commissioned game in the vein of Bloodborne or a Sony game that's as different from Bloodborne as Bloodborne was from Demon's Souls (a spiritual trilogy if you will).

Jingo

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
omni is gonna be indirectly the cause of salt, its great from him telling us all this info and we re very lucky, but at the same time... we re expecting a new game!!!

how many of you were expecting a new game till omni told us?

now were expecting and we wont be pleased with something, but if we were kept in the dark and in e3 we got the boom, heres a new from gsme for you, everyone would be happy and it wouldnt matter much how it is cause we were all surprised!

By me, omni can tease everyday several times!!

Baloota

May 12, 2018
Egypt

But then I realized that FromSoftware's hints to next games are always placed in DLCs, never in the main game.

If this guy is the suggestion... it should mean that Sekiro will get no DLCs or their timeline of development "forced" them to place the hint in the main game.

It's all speculation at this point. According to Fextralife and Wikipedia, the only people who visited Japan during the Sengoku period were either Portuguese or Spanish. So next game inspired by Spain? just like how Bloodborne was inspired by Victorian England? THE PLOT THICKENS

I know this probably means nothing but it's fun to speculate.

Muntaner

May 12, 2018
It's all speculation at this point. According to Fextralife and Wikipedia, the only people who visited Japan during the Sengoku period were either Portuguese or Spanish. So next game inspired by Spain? just like how Bloodborne was inspired by Victorian England? THE PLOT THICKENS

I know this probably means nothing but it's fun to speculate.
I think we just need to wait for next Omni's tidbits, I can't find much to speculate right now :/

Oct 25, 2017
You'll probably know when you see it
and if not im sure someone will tell you :P

But in attempt to be more positive I'll say that people should probably be less interested in what the game could be and more interested in what From could've done with the game

tenor.gif

Armored Souls

Final Fantasy VII Remake

There's always gonna be salty people. But the saltiest are gonna be people expecting another souls-like. The new game is differenter than Bloodborne or Sekiro.

That's even better.

JosephMichael

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

That's neat that they put clues about their next games in their DLCs. I didn't know that.

Does anyone have a list of times they did this? Did they give any hints about Sekiro?

luffie

Dec 20, 2017
Indonesia
I like most From games especially their Soulsborne and Sekiro.

But for the love of God, I really hope they put something to lengthen the replayability and also branding for their game.

Despite selling a lot for a game, their popularity are not exactly mainstream like Final Fantasy or Overwatch etc. Why? because i hope they earn more, and make more great games. I hope they have a branded characters like Cloud, Dante, Tracer, spinning of to more medium like comics and toys.

Sekiro is a great game, I like how it feels complete, enough length, a beginning, an end, it doesn't feel like they are cutting something from the game. But that's about it too, there is no extra fun to be had like fashion souls, extra lore to be discovered, extra mode to be tried.

At least Soulsborne has co-op for unique and surprising experience, different playbuild to be explored and some fashion souls to add additional value to the game. But their characters are still not impactful enough. Maria cool? Only for a little bit, nothing more is known about her.

If Code Vein's gameplay is anywhere near Souls or even better, I'll put my bet that they will last longer than Souls, because they put effort in creating the characters and those anime aesthetic for their brand image.

So, I'll probably take whatever From will produce subsequently, but I hope they do make their game/character branding stronger, to strengthen their franchise, earn more, so we can play more lol

Oct 25, 2017
An action role-playing game with a dark fantasy setting similar to Dark Souls, but approached from a 'different angle'.
The next game is 100% this.

Folks keep thinking what this "different angle" could possibly be...

WHAT IF......The game is super stuffed with SJW...you can only play as a female character(From on the dark side).

What does that even mean? If playing as a female character means the game is "SJW", is Sekiro "gamergate", since you can only play as a man?

Deleted member 37092

Banned
Dec 31, 2017
What does that even mean? If playing as a female character means the game is "SJW", is Sekiro "gamergate", since you can only play as a man?

..But Sekiro is a fixed character.
In this one you can create your own but only a female one.

It was only a joke,the post doesn't make sense,but it's not your fault to have take it seriously..
Internet nowadays is serious about these bullshit,but I was just making fun of this trend :D

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
People asked about multiplatform, but what about console exclusivity? Multiplatform could mean xbox/pc?

Just clarifying.

Oct 25, 2017
..But Sekiro is a fixed character.
In this one you can create your own but only a female one.

It was only a joke,the post doesn't make sense,but it's not your fault to have take it seriously..
Internet nowadays is serious about these bullshit,but I was just making fun of this trend :D

I just didn't get it, honestly.

But seriously, though, From games aren't overly political, or preachy, but they do touch on these subjects every now and then. Bloodborne twists Lovecraft's racism and xenophobia as being a characteristic of those in the wrong, instead of the views expressed by the protagonist and defended by the story. Sekiro has some depictions of a sexist "organization", but I'd rather not openly spoil anything for such a new game.

People asked about multiplatform, but what about console exclusivity? Multiplatform could mean xbox/pc?

Just clarifying.
I'm selfish as fuck. As long as I have the platform, I don't care about anything else. I'm happy with either an Xbox Exclusive or a Playstation exclusive, because I can just play it on PS4 or PC.

Next gen exclusive, though, I'll be a bit sad, it'll take a while for me to jump into next gen.

lucancel

Oct 30, 2017
Italy
Omnipotent could you please tell me if there is going to be at next e3 something to look forward switch related with sekiro or next myazaki project?
Thanks

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
For the people wanting AC, Miyazaki said they were working on it back in 2016 iirc, so unless it was cancelled or something, it will appear eventually.

Oct 25, 2017
robertosdad_(1).jpg

You're absolutely otherthinking it..

and I like it.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna predict it will be Open World(Like legit Open World). With actual quest markers, and *gasp* a map, and *bigger gasp* difficulty settings. Will retain character customization and an online aspect. So some Souls aspects will be there, but it will be an even bigger departure than Sekiro was. This is based on sabrina 's previous posts. She seems to be in the know as well.

So dont go in expecting much similar to Souls at all. Hell it might not even be 3rd person anymore.

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna predict it will be Open World(Like legit Open World). With actual quest markers, and *gasp* a map, and *bigger gasp* difficulty settings. Will retain character customization and an online aspect. So some Souls aspects will be there, but it will be an even bigger departure than Sekiro was. This is based on sabrina 's previous posts. She seems to be in the know as well.

So dont go in expecting much similar to Souls at all. Hell it might not even be 3rd person anymore.
I don't care, I just wanna see it.

Let it be E3 already. TT_TT

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018

Jesus, the map, quest markers and difficulty settings would be volcano threads on ERA. Fully open world would be extremely ambitious but interesting if they can keep it at a small scale. E3 where are you?

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
I don't get it. The only things I see making people salty are exclusives. Why would anyone be mad about a multiplatform game? It's probably what Dark Souls was to Demons Souls but with BB. Don't see any other way that would get people riled up.
Maybe because it'll be a proper open world game. Those seem to incite a lot of vitriol among this community for whatever reason.

Muntaner

May 12, 2018
Ok, I remembered and found this post: https://www.resetera.com/threads/se...are-hidetaka-miyazaki-2019.48083/post-9140424

Well, I can't really help you there.

But for others: yes the dark fantasy ARPG listed in the 3 games (as you now all know) is not Sekiro. So if Sekrio isn't your cup of tea for whatever reason, look forward to that. Though I wouldn't expect to hear more about it in the immediate future. You guys also already know Miyazaki's position regarding the future of Bloodborne and Dark Souls so please limit your expectations accordingly.

I won't expect anything Dark Souls related, then (well, the Dark Souls 4 overthinking, I mean).

But dark fantasy ARPG... yes, maybe that's it.

Deleted member 37092

Banned
Dec 31, 2017

You're completely astray,there's no way From would do those things..

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I'm happy with either an Xbox Exclusive or a Playstation exclusive, because I can just play it on PS4 or PC.

Next gen exclusive, though, I'll be a bit sad, it'll take a while for me to jump into next gen.
Next gen multiplat would still be on PC... :)
(Commented on the rest of your post in the OT as it's off-topic)

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017

What did she say?

Oct 25, 2017

\/

There's always gonna be salty people. But the saltiest are gonna be people expecting another souls-like. The new game is differenter than Bloodborne or Sekiro.

Because a lot of people see From as a Soulslike factory at this point. At least their mainstream output. So when, for example, they make a game that's more like Uncharted or Overcooked or Forza... something demonstrably different from what they've made before, some people might not be happy about that.

I'm clearly using examples from very different genres, but some of From's fans are very rigid in their definition of a Soulslike.

MajulaDream

Oct 25, 2017

It was already stated that fans of FROM's output this last decade have reasons to be excited. I'm expecting something closer to those games than something radically new, although I expect departures from some series traditions (from a different angle).

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
It was already stated that fans of FROM's output this last decade have reasons to be excited. I'm expecting something closer to those games than something radically new, although I expect departures from some series traditions (from a different angle).

Yeah pretty much, it's the meaning of "different angle" that's interesting here. What would "different angle" mean in a context where the game will cater to fans of FROM's recent output.

We discussed some potential differences
- Setting
- Perspective (FPS, Third Person etc.)
- Structure (Fully open world, Mission based)

Some of these changes would be huge departures for souls fans. The setting or structure I can see as potential changes.

Deleted member 2229

Oct 25, 2017
In line with both Miyazaki's previous comments and some of my own just to settle some fears. Chances are that if you liked From's output over the last decade, you'll enjoy this title. Though there are definitely enough departures here in this title to make it both more interesting and exciting to veterans of these titles.