• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Another "leak" from 4chan. This one seems a little far fetched and is riddled with poor grammar.
v-FROMSOFT-s-new-game-for-E3-confirmed-Project-Rune-Dark-Souls-successor-Video-Games-4chan-2019-05-20-16-21-22.png

giphy.gif

It seems to include some of the same stuff as the first one.

I completely agree with this which is why I want them to prove that they can make great games without miyazaki
With ds3 it felt like they just put his name there to calm fans after ds2. I cant say whether bamco or fromsoft decided to do so but it sure feels like it. Miyazaki himself claimed he had no interest in working on the game but another lead put him to the task. Not to mention, the game has 3 directors credited and miyazaki was busy working on BB through most of the ds3 developement so yeah I dont think he could have been that involved

If instead we keep getting new games where miyazaki is involved then his name will mean little.
I loved playing through bb and ds1 and feeling like he really was involved in the game, I liked reading that he designed all of the levels of bb and micromanaged to many elements of the ds developement.
I think it'll be hard for him to be 100% involved in a game now that he has other duties, but in the future, whenever I see him credited as director, I'd like to feel like he truly was involved.
I can believe that he was 80% there in sekiro and deracine but will find it difficult to do so if it turns out he's also part of this new title.

It's hard to guess how much he is actually involved in every project. To me when I read most of the Sekiro interviews, it sounded like he took a step back and had a more overseeing role. He did directly work on the pot noble NPC which had a pretty good questline. I found it really refreshing that places like Gameinformer really highlighted their developers ranging from concept artist to composers.

Last edited:

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

Thank you for reminding me of this, it makes more sense now.

I don't really agree with their engine being outdated though, especially after Sekiro. Also assuming this new game will be in the same vein of a Souls game, they already have most of the tools they need to create that type of game with their engine.

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
There's something in the air...could it be more omni hints to come this week?? he he hee

Thank you for reminding me of this, it makes more sense now.

I don't really agree with their engine being outdated though, especially after Sekiro. Also assuming this new game will be in the same vein of a Souls game, they already have most of the tools they need to create that type of game with their engine.
I dont believe the leak (past the stuff that omni pretty much confirmed like mp coop, dark fantasy setting etc) but the change in engine makes sense
I mean, they'll eventually want to move on, sekiro doesnt look outdated, but its better for them to make the change now when they still have time.
Maybe this could help them improve performance on consoles or do some technical stuff that wasnt possible previously

convo

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing about this that would actually give me a meltdown is the "cinematic trailer" part. Fuck this shit!
With rumors flinging around i can still believe a Game of thrones game funded by Microsoft and made by From is about as likley as this newest 4chan stuff.
GOT sure had bullshit leaks that sounded better than what was real. It would surprise me if they had any major work done in UE4 for a game of that scale.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Set characters sounds good to me, as long as there is some weapon variation. Sekiro is great (my GOTY) but I do think some additional weapons would be a positive addition.

Different campaigns for different characters would also be cool.

That said, no real reason to believe this rumour (bit nothing to make it an obvious fake either). Just treating it as something potentially interesting.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
I'm guessing they have around the same amount or slightly more devs on this project as Sekiro which had around 80-100 devs on it internally (excluding external companies, contractors). The rest are most likely working on AC. The Sekiro team is probably being allocated to help finish this, potential Sekiro DLC and pre-proudction on a brand new project.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not usually one to comment on rumors, especially ones from less than reputable places, but before this gets out of hand: there's a lot being discussed here that's wrong or untrue. In addition to that, I understand the excitement and eagerness of you all to grasp at any bit of info you find whether it come from me or elsewhere but also remember that I have a life outside of Era too and sometimes I get busy and In the event that I don't respond or am unable to get around to something (since this has happened before) please don't misinterpret my silence as confirmation of something either.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
The Winds of Winter will be released as a game instead of a book, developed by From, releasing AT E3

But seriously, I hope the GRRM rumors are true

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Hamatani has a really good track record:

https://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,151289/

I'd be completely fine with a solo game from him.

Damn looking at the games he worked on "Otogi" - "Kuon" - "Ninja Blade" - "Bloodborne" makes perfect sense why he was needed for Sekiro.

Omnipotent I've said it before, you've done more than enough. I honestly didn't think FROM was ready to show anything this E3. It has made the wait for this years event much more interesting, at least for me.

Deleted member 2229

Oct 25, 2017
Damn looking at the games he worked on "Otogi" - "Kuon" - "Ninja Blade" - "Bloodborne" makes perfect sense why he was needed for Sekiro.

Omnipotent I've said it before, you've done more than enough. I honestly didn't think FROM was ready to show anything this E3. It has made the wait for this years event much more interesting, at least for me.
I do it for you guys,
because I love you guys
but some of you guys gotta chill lol.

The hints and teases and what not will come, but
1446748962791.gif

til then, just be patient.

Oct 25, 2017

Word. I did not expect anything at all from them at E3. I was expecting Sekiro DLC at TGS at best.

Super excited for the event now.

The legend never disappoints. He has another masterpiece in store for us!

011.jpg
Someone should interview him to talk about Ueda's games. The story about how ICO made him join the industry is very famous, but I'd love to know what he thinks of the games.

I really want to read his take on The Last Guardian, one of my favorite games of all time.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
This is B-team's world. And we're all living in it.
Let's not go there, please
I do it for you guys,
because I love you guys
but some of you guys gotta chill lol.

The hints and teases and what not will come, but
1446748962791.gif

til then, just be patient.
I always find it hilarious how he resembles GRRM so much on that pic and with the quote...
So uh...in GRRM's latest blog post he just posted he writes, " I've consulted on a video game out of Japan." (end of 7th paragraph).

UMMMMMMM

http://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2019/05/20/an-ending/

screencap as site is down:
81r3v3B.png
................Motherfucker, the rumour was real

Deleted member 29909

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
If this "Project Rune" rumor is true the Viking stuff is probably just the one "kingdom" featured in the E3 trailer.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
damn!

still, doesn't give any detail about what the game actually plays like, but that is interesting.
I'm not really familiar with GRRM's work but I hope this is an original thing not tied to ASoIaF

from what I've read about his work, is that he's good at building complex worlds with lots of detail given to those who reside within them. is this accurate?
if so, sounds like a great fit for a FROM game!

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
If this "Project Rune" rumor is true the Viking stuff is probably just the one "kingdom" featured in the E3 trailer.

Especially after recent news (GRRM) and Omnipotent kinda soft deconfirming the rune leak by saying lots of untrue stuff in this thread after discussion about the leak was rampant I fully believe that it's BS.

OP
OP
Mifec

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Real talk Omni wasn't busy he just didn't post because I was banned :^)

Can't wait to see what comes out of the Grum rumors. Can't wait to see people being mad that he worked on this instead of his books.