• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
giphy.gif
Well there it is. Thanks.

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017
So to not fall victim of that rumor thing, are you excited for what From is going to reveal? I mean are you excited by the things you know about what they are revealing? I mean should I be excited for what you know about what they are revealing? (=
I'm excited just posing the question.
I think someone tried to ask Omni if he is more hyped for the new game versus Sekiro and he mist ravened that shit lol

But yea as long as From sticks to their DNA and emphasize on the "dark" part of the fantasy, I am game.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
That other thread is exhausting. They ran with the Norse setting hard and it went downhill from there.

MajulaDream

Oct 25, 2017
Luckily E3 isn't that far away so nobody will have to endure it much longer. There will be lots of egg on faces.

King's Kuon Field Nordic Otogi Edition; featuring a shadow tower of dark demon's souls composed in cooperation with GRR Martin, featuring ninja blades, lost kingdoms, metal wolf shinobi prosthetics, BLOOD VIALS, trick weapons and cookie n creme co-op with armored core traversal mechanics that echo in the night! WOOOOO! :D

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I think someone tried to ask Omni if he is more hyped for the new game versus Sekiro and he mist ravened that shit lol

But yea as long as From sticks to their DNA and emphasize on the "dark" part of the fantasy, I am game.
You will all know the full extent of my hype soon enough, I am saving it. You've just got to have faith.
That other thread is exhausting. They ran with the Norse setting hard and it went downhill from there.
welcome to my world lmao
King's Kuon Field Nordic Otogi Edition; featuring a shadow tower of dark demon's souls composed in cooperation with GRR Martin, featuring ninja blades, lost kingdoms, metal wolf shinobi prosthetics, BLOOD VIALS, trick weapons and cookie n creme co-op with armored core traversal mechanics that echo in the night! WOOOOO! :D
tenor.gif

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
I swear to god if this isn't the gritty reboot of cookie & cream I've been waiting for
imagine cookie & cream, but it looks like lugaru

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
I am disappointed in everything i've read here, from the leaks to the GRRM stuff, none of it sounds interesting, everything sounds too "samey" and boring.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I am disappointed in everything i've read here, from the leaks to the GRRM stuff, none of it sounds interesting, everything sounds too "samey" and boring.
What? We literally have no clue what the game is or anything else about besides some tidbits lol. We love leaks but they always end up making things sound much better or much worse than they actually are.

What's the extent of GRRM's involvement? What's this setting that has dark fantasy and lasers (If it's something Gene Wolfe inspired I'm gonna lose it, I've had this avatar of Severian of years). GRRM is a big fan of Wolfe so I'm hopeful.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Well if it's lasers I don't see sword-lasers to be completely out of the question.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
In this thread: we interpret hints (if they even are) however the hell we want to better suit our dreams and expectations. xD

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Not swords and lasers = OR swords OR lasers, not both at the same time.

Place your bets on one of those two!

Laser katana? I know, laser axes and hammers. A sequel-not-sequel to Too Human. With cauterizing dismemberment. The fake rumors were true after all (I'll see myself out now).

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018

He isn't providing too much new. Nobody is expecting a Horizon Zero Dawn or BotW when talking about FROM and Open World in the same sentence. Minimal loading screens and different level design with bigger areas to roam than their previous games. Being able to mount something would be awesome.

Their own engine gives their games that specific look we all love from them but the performance has been horrible on console and it's been in development at the same time as Sekiro so I'm not getting my hopes up on that front.

Last edited:

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
The open world + horse riding aspect has me really intrigued
Will you just summon the horse with a whistle or is it a companion you need to care about/remember where you left them etc?
Maybe it is open world the way twilight princess was, with an open field area in the center, used for horse riding and it takes you to individual areas that work more similar to what we are used to. I dont think you'll be able to ride your horse in most areas, that's for sure.
Maybe with horse riding being a means to travelling fast, then we have no need for teleportation (!!!!!)(maybe not til late game)
Also I think i recall this being a system they too wanted to implement in ds2 right?? seems like they are finally doing it

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
The open world + horse riding aspect has me really intrigued
Will you just summon the horse with a whistle or is it a companion you need to care about/remember where you left them etc?
Maybe it is open world the way twilight princess was, with an open field area in the center, used for horse riding and it takes you to individual areas that work more similar to what we are used to. I dont think you'll be able to ride your horse in most areas, that's for sure.
Maybe with horse riding being a means to travelling fast, then we have no need for teleportation (!!!!!)(maybe not til late game)
Also I think i recall this being a system they too wanted to implement in ds2 right?? seems like they are finally doing it
It's FromSoft. It'll probably be a helllish undead horse and summoning it will require a good use of a rechargeable item.

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
Wow, this looks cool! I wish we got that enemy in the final game.
YES but can understand why he was taken out, he looks a bit funny compared to the rest of designs
I kinda just want to hug him
The enemy is still in the game files, there's video of him: https://youtu.be/QvAl6ngd5dM?t=52
You can also find statues of him in the bloodstarved beast cathedral
Also sorry for double post
It's FromSoft. It'll probably be a helllish undead horse and summoning it will require a good use of a rechargeable item.
I dont think so..they usually give the player VERY grounded stuff so that it doesnt feel like a power fantasy. Hellish undead horse sounds like what you'd get in an MMO where its all about looking epic, which is something i used to like too lol but with time I learned to love how subtle From is with their designs, keeping it grounded and making it feel special without having to overdesign stuff.

As a side note, the title "GREAT RUNE" is terrible and im glad it seems to be de-confirmed

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
you can actually fight him in the developer chalices
Nice, wonder why they didn't add them to the regular Chalice Dungeons, then.

YES but can understand why he was taken out, he looks a bit funny compared to the rest of designs
I kinda just want to hug him
The enemy is still in the game files, there's video of him: https://youtu.be/QvAl6ngd5dM?t=52
You can also find statues of him in the bloodstarved beast cathedral
Also sorry for double post
Hahaha, he's adorable! I wish I could kill him.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Nice, wonder why they didn't add them to the regular Chalice Dungeons, then.

Hahaha, he's adorable! I wish I could kill him.

If you even want to try it , the glyph is this
nq4wggya

it's safe to enter, like the Great One Beast and Moon Presence fucked version chalices. There's also the cut grandpa ghost
1.png

2.png

About why he was cut, I dunno, maybe they didn't find the enemy fitting or was not fully done.

You can see him aggro and atacking here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qejlgtz9ctg

around 6 min

Oct 25, 2017
I have to remember to try those cut content dungeons whenever I subscribe to PS Plus again. Will probably do it for The Last of Us Part II, if the multiplayer is as good as the first one.

Jingo

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
People always have this huge expectation and only leads to disappointment.

im cool with anything, the only thing that got me thinkin was when omni says that the new game had potential to be more than that with that they re working.

J_Atlas

Apr 11, 2019
Honestly? At most sekiro dlc, maybe a port of something?
They just finished their latest game, it will probably be another year or so before they're even remotely ready to tease a new game...

But I've been wrong before

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think anything this year except trailer + announcment of the next game. Launch be march next year or for next gen launch.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
the only thing that got me thinkin was when omni says that the new game had potential to be more than that with that they re working.
My guess (and note, I have a bad track record when it comes to those) is that this refers to the GRRM contribution. It will probably be fairly minimal, like either a plot outline or some lore stuff, and the "imagine what could have been" refers to, say, a FromSoft game set in the world of Ice and Fire or fully written by GRRM.

But I'm OK with him not being a lead writer because I fucking want The Winds of Winters so bad lol

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
My guess (and note, I have a bad track record when it comes to those) is that this refers to the GRRM contribution. It will probably be fairly minimal, like either a plot outline or some lore stuff, and the "imagine what could have been" refers to, say, a FromSoft game set in the world of Ice and Fire or fully written by GRRM.

But I'm OK with him not being a lead writer because I fucking want The Winds of Winters so bad lol

I kinda gave up on ASoIaF after ADwD. I'll probably read the next one, but it won't be an insta-buy or anything.

Deleted member 29909

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
My take is that "imagine what they could have done with it" refers to open world. People will read open world as Ubisoft style, but just imagine what From can actually do with that.