• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
horse-fantasy-art-warrior-berserk-wallpaper-preview.jpg

Open world BERSERK game with RPG elements in it.
I may be in the minority, but I'd be faaaar more excited about a Miyazaki X Miura collaboration than GRRM.

Nihei would be another fantastic choice.

Oct 29, 2017
Typical Vaati bait garbage.

It's what he lives on nowdays really. I've been subbed to him since he started and it's sad to see that all he does nowdays is this. His better days are behind him

Speculating on nothing, making stuff out of thin air and gathering up info from public sources like reddit then trying to present that as something.

He literally just made 2 half an hour videos on Sekiros lore/story

It's all in good fun. Lots of speculation. Why are people on this forum so fucking uptight?

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I was not expecting their new game to be related to GRRM. Holy shit

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Before this wild ride ends in a couple weeks I'd like to let you all know that I appreciate you guys as much as you appreciate me and I'm both incredibly glad and grateful that I've gotten to do this for and with you guys over these past couple of years and I appreciate all the positivity and good vibes sent my way. I don't know that I'll be doing this forever, but I'm happy I got to do it at all. So thank you guys for having me.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
I would love if a Sekiro sequel relied a bit more on the horror themes, it was so well done in Sekiro, but as you said there was so little of it.

Every attack that inflicted horror felt perfectly justified, it was like, "yeah, no wonder this shit scares Wolf to death". :D

Same, I need more horror and fucked up shit. You know there's gonna be a sequel eventually. I'm also hoping this upcoming rpg will be a bit more...grotesque

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
Every attack that inflicted horror felt perfectly justified, it was like, "yeah, no wonder this shit scares Wolf to death". :D
YES but also the fact that it took away some of your movement options with that slow area, the weird tingly animations in those attacks that you never new when would hit, the teleport behind you + fucked up grab attack, the design, the music, the warning sign you get prior to your first encounter....AHHHH
I feel like it was also elevated because of how few horror elements there were in the game...but I would have prefered a middle ground, with maybe another creepy area (tbh it felt to me like the abandoned dungeon area was cut short because of a few things)
...kinda hoping there's a scary spoopy DLC you can access through the bottomless hole
Before this wild ride ends in a couple weeks I'd like to let you all know that I appreciate you guys as much as you appreciate me and I'm both incredibly glad and grateful that I've gotten to do this for and with you guys over these past couple of years and I appreciate all the positivity and good vibes sent my way. I don't know that I'll be doing this forever, but I'm happy I got to do it at all. So thank you guys for having me.
Thank you for taking us in this wild ride <3
I closely followed last years SDT thread from the outside and feels good to now be partaking in the speculation

Oct 25, 2017
Ain't no purging stones saving us from this one, brother.

LMAO

Mate, thank you for conducting this wild ride, with all of the teases and above all the entertainment. Way too often leaks just feel like they take some of the fun away from the announcement, but you just make it even more exciting!

YES but also the fact that it took away some of your movement options with that slow area, the weird tingly animations in those attacks that you never new when would hit, the teleport behind you + fucked up grab attack, the design, the music, the warning sign you get prior to your first encounter....AHHHH
I feel like it was also elevated because of how few horror elements there were in the game...but I would have prefered a middle ground, with maybe another creepy area (tbh it felt to me like the abandoned dungeon area was cut short because of a few things)
...kinda hoping there's a scary spoopy DLC you can access through the bottomless hole
Accessing the DLC through the Bottomless Hole would be SO MUCH COOLER than just another memory.

Damn, now I want it.

Muntaner

May 12, 2018

Man, thank YOU for giving us these informations, even if they are under NDAs, secretated or whatever.

Maybe sometimes we tend to become sooo demanding and hassling to you, but already knowing WHEN FromSoftware is going to announce something and also having a broad idea of what it is... is an huge thing given to us for free.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018

Thank you. These threads are always so fun to look back at. What good would a thread like this be if we didn't have room to go wild and speculate.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Not a whole lot has happened since they've gotten off the boat (which happened over a year ago and this thing releases at a snail's pace). But it seems to be setting up some mildly interesting stuff but overall its been sort of lackluster. Still love it though.

Whaaatttt the Casca development is the biggest thing that's happened in ages. I mean, we still need to see where it leads but still.

jerk

Nov 6, 2017
Omni could you throw your weight around and get them to go sony/BB budget on the soundtrack?

I want more tracks like Ludwig so much.

Oct 26, 2017
Man, thank YOU for giving us these informations, even if they are under NDAs, secretated or whatever.

Maybe sometimes we tend to become sooo demanding and hassling to you, but already knowing WHEN FromSoftware is going to announce something and also having a broad idea of what it is... is an huge thing given to us for free.

For real. I wasn't expecting anything from From Software this soon, and to know it's being announced in a couple of weeks and that it's potentially a bigger deal than Sekiro was is a pretty exciting thing. Thank you, Omni.

Shoutouts to Mifec for the thread as well, I think he knows exactly what he was doing with this thread and it worked lol. :P

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
Thanks for the gentle nudges towards the end goal. I'm excited to see why happens from now until E3. Much appreciated. (=

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
horse-fantasy-art-warrior-berserk-wallpaper-preview.jpg

Open world BERSERK game with RPG elements in it.

Only in the condition that I can play as the Greatsword stud and the lady has hairworks physics dialed up to 11.

Thanks dude.

giphy.gif

jerk

Nov 6, 2017
Id imagine very few people would have that sort of power and unfortunately I am not one of them lol.
Damn. Was worth a shot. Hopefully the thought will strike Miyazaki one day.

But yeah, thanks for the hints! It's a really cool way to "leak" stuff without spoiling it. Someone will need to go through your posts after the reveal and highlight all the foreshadowing.

Guildenstern

Oct 29, 2017
Miyazaki seems open to collaborations, just for speculation Omnipotent what would your dream collaboration be? personally Miyazaki and Matsuno for the definitive Dark Fantasy.

Deleted member 2229

Oct 25, 2017
Miyazaki seems open to collaborations, just for speculation Omnipotent what would your dream collaboration be? personally Miyazaki and Matsuno for the definitive Dark Fantasy.
For super ultimate never in 1 trillion years impossible dream collab?

Miyazaki/Hideo Kojima for game stuff
+Beksinski world art direction
+Junji Ito for enemy design
+Ayame Kojima for character design
+Satoshi Kon working on story with Miyazaki

Would be the trippiest most mindshattering, gorgeous and terrifying game ever. But given that Kon and Beksinski are no longer with us it is literally impossible.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
Ayami Kojima is an interesting choice, I love her artwork.

I can only assume Miyazaki and Hideo Kojima would clash really hard though. Especially if they ever tried to collaborate on storytelling!

Deleted member 2229

Oct 25, 2017
Ayami Kojima is an interesting choice, I love her artwork.

I can only assume Miyazaki and Hideo Kojima would clash really hard though. Especially if they ever tried to collaborate on storytelling!
That's why I'd only have Hideo Kojima on for gameplay related stuff. I think HK and Miyazaki could come up with some really interesting and crazy ideas that would work well for a game in the world Id envision, with a story by Kon and Miyazaki. Something like Insight and World Tendency on steroids mixed with crazy kojima ideas like the stuff in older MGS games and PT in a game with Junji Ito on enemy design and Beksinski's dark, surreal worlds.

Would be some absolutely insane stuff.

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017
fbsuyxgcz0n01.gif

tbh that post almost sounded like final words haha

Omni you have more hype trains to conduct in the future

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
His "insider" is the same person / people Reddit gets their info from. "INTRODUCING 'GREAT RUNE'." What a shill.
Really? That's kinda sad. I get he does this for a living and needs to publish some fluff now and then, but this kind of thing says a lot about someone's character. Gotta jump on that rumour bandwagon for the clicks, I guess.

Also, to try and justify with "I respect From..." is just dishonest. Basically admitting that you're only doing the video for a piece of the attention pie, and that you don't really have any solid contribution to make. "I knew about it guys, I just didn't want to say anything until the floodgates opened." What kind of logic is that?

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sekiro was a soul crushing disappointment IMO, so gimme a Tanimura RPG please. Sorry Miyazaki, but you are human after all.

master_Willem

Dec 3, 2018
Fishing Hamlet
I'm starting to wonder what will be their next 3 year release plan lol.

Jokes aside, the "Great Rune" rumor is increasing it's pace. I still do not believe the norse setting, till omni verifies it.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Really? That's kinda sad. I get he does this for a living and needs to publish some fluff now and then, but this kind of thing says a lot about someone's character. Gotta jump on that rumour bandwagon for the clicks, I guess.

Also, to try and justify with "I respect From..." is just dishonest. Basically admitting that you're only doing the video for a piece of the attention pie, and that you don't really have any solid contribution to make. "I knew about it guys, I just didn't want to say anything until the floodgates opened." What kind of logic is that?

He always does this, and he's always wrong when it's solely his prediction. "I think it's true." A brave statement, considering the game has an old subreddit and GRRM has been rumored to be working with From for awhile now.

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not his fault you have bad taste.
From is still 6 for 6 as far as I'm concerned, and with my love of asoiaf this combination is a dream come true.
Not liking a game it's bad taste? Sekiro has A LOT of problems to just ignore them. And it's ok to not like a game with problems in all their areas.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Loved Sekiro. I went in with no expectations of it being something that it wasn't. There are things that I didn't like about it, but I can say that for every From game. I would buy more content for Sekiro in a heartbeat.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
I'd prefer a sequel but dlc is also welcome. I understand Sekiro is not for everyone and is a smaller, more limited game than souls, but I don't really think anything it does it doesn't do well.

Sekiro's biggest flaw will be not having DLC if they don't make it. :(

Please don't let me down, From, I need it.