• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
A big thanks to Omnipotent for giving us all these hints and bits for free. Just reading that post made me forget about the Death Stranding trailer, lol.

Hype. I feel strong Bloodborne vibes in what I'm reading.

I have it the other way around. I'm usually the biggest From fanboy ever, but that DS trailer makes it hard to get excited for any other game. Maybe also because it releases in 5 months from now and this is probably a little further away.

Oghuz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whatever action game From Software is working on I'm in. My top two favorite developers atm.

Summary 2

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Let's see...

- Fashion Souls confirmed
- PvP and Coop confirmed
- Deeper customization than ever before
- Strong interconnected level design, lots of verticality

The hints:

- High, Fantastical, Tabletop, D&D, old school = High fantasy/D&D-inspired setting. But still "From-flavoured" and full of weird shit.
- SCOTLand and UK inspiration
- New = New IP? Or new/next-gen only. Or new revolutionary gameplay mechanic.
- NO Feast for Crows which means NOT ASoIaF-based.
- Also NOT Norse-based
- FromSoft "Magnum Opus", which takes the best of all their games and combine them in 1 game

And also, maybe (my interpretation, could just be flavour text):
- Hints towards going deep underground (spelunking, unearthing, digging)
- Hints towards the sea being a theme (sailors, sirens)
- "Side step off the beaten path" = Bloodborne-style side-stepping instead of dodge-roll? >_> Might be reading too much into it but curious choice of words...
- Game won't be out for a while. E3 will be just a tease.

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017
Let's see...

- PvP and Coop confirmed

The hints:

- High, Fantastical, Tabletop, D&D, old school = High fantasy/D&D-inspired setting. But still "From-flavoured" and full of weird shit.
- Also NOT Norse-based
- FromSoft "Magnum Opus", which takes the best of all their games and combine them in 1 game

- "Side step off the beaten path" = Bloodborne-style side-stepping instead of dodge-roll? >_> Might be reading too much into it but curious choice of words...
Where are you getting that last one from?

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Let's see...

- PvP and Coop confirmed

The hints:

- Also NOT Norse-based

I think that pretty much covers it, unless there is something we missed.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
This line is hype af
A culmination of everything they've done and an evolution leading to a new beginning

this-is-beautiful.gif

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
You think it's next gen? Just curious what sparked this thought process for you, just the sheer ambitiousness of the project?
Where are you getting that last one from?
This part:

And remember, this journey doesn't end with E3, this is only the beginning, so don't expect to be fully satiated just yet. But I hope this hype train will carry us there, and back again, rain or shine.

Remember that this is just my interpretation though.

Last edited:

Baloota

May 12, 2018
Egypt
Curious to see how will magic and sorcery play out in this game. There is no more "Soul Magic" so the whole Soul based spells are gone along with Lightning based miracles becausr there is no Gwyn. What kind of magic are we going to see and how will it feel to play as a sorcerer?

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
A From Software game with Scottish folklore (and other places in the UK) would be awesome. I can't wait to see how they do it. Also, I'm excited for the breadth of gameplay opportunities teased in Omni's post. Sounds like it's going to be pretty big experience.

Hyped.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
This part:
And remember, this journey doesn't end with E3, this is only the beginning, so don't expect to be fully satiated just yet. But I hope this hype train will carry us there, and back again, rain or shine.
I can see it being the case but I am leaning more towards that meaning there won't be a full gameplay blowout at e3. FROM doesn't reveal their games(atleast they haven't this gen) more than an year away. Also if this is published by Bamco maybe they will just put out a CG trailer like Dark Souls 3.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
This part:

Rereading that last line just makes me think the game will be middle to high fantasy just due to the
there, and back again
. I know Im probably looking too deeply into that but would be cool to have a Tolkien From game.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Well that all sounds great from Omni's hype, what's not to like.

If it's on PS5, I'm in trouble. I swore off getting another home console, but if I do cave it's going to be a few years until I get one. No launch model for me. I did the same with BB though and I made it through.

I kind of skimmed a bit, but where did it hint at that. Also UK doesn't rule out Norse so much, Vikings did invade us :)

A Druid era thing would be groovy though!

fierrotlepou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This part:

"There, and back again"

Lord of the Rings / The Hobbit RPG confirmed!

Lux86

Oct 27, 2017
Let's see...

- PvP and Coop confirmed

The hints:

- Also NOT Norse-based

wFkjhNr.gif