• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
So this might me a little bit early seeing as how we recently got Sekiro but I feel like FROM has more in store for this year.

I have no clue if Sekiro DLC was contractually obligated and if we're ever gonna see it but if we do I hope it's Tomoe DLC.

Now what I'm personally expecting is them revealing a wholly new game, Sekiro wasn't the only thing they were working on and we know it as a fact, being hopefully I see it revealed at E3, if not then by the end of the year for sure.

What I know won't happen is BB2, I'm sure it still doesn't exist even as a concept.

So what do you think FROM has in store for us this year? Think any of the ASOIAF rumors are true, are we getting knights again? We know FROM are doing another game closer to DS so might that be it? Maybe a new Armored Core finally? Miyazaki himself mentioned they are working on a dark ARPG, a re imagining and a weird game.

My pick is gonna be the dark ARPG for this year.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Sekiro DLC and at least the announcement of one of the other two games.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's always funny, game just came out and already want dlc

Tengrave

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chromehounds 2 or Chromehounds mixed with Bloodborne. Bloodhounds.

Honestly, Armored Core. They keep talking about one being in production.

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bloodborne 2 or Dark Souls 4.
I'll probably not gonna touch again Sekiro after the platinum, so I don't care about DLC or sequels.

Oct 25, 2017
I say we'll get some Sekiro DLC late this year, and we will probably get whatever that rumoured game was (minus the GoT writer).

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
I'd really like to see a Bloodborne 2 but I feel like that is a PS5 thing. Dark Souls 4 would also be great, but I'll take anything tbh.
I don't believe in the George RR Martin rumor.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Nothing, maybe there will be sekiro dlc and/or a sequel announcement but I think it's too soon for anything else.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I could see them teasing their next project at E3 or TGS, along with announcing the inevitable Sekiro DLC for the Fall.

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Sekiro dlc. I doubt they will even show anything else, let alone have a release date for a new game.

Don't think we will see the 3 punch dark 2 bloodborne and dark 3 again. I think wanting to get out of the Bandai namco contract is why we saw dark 3 so soon after 2

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
I mean as far back as 2016 we heard Miyazaki mention a game that "is a dark fantasy action RPG that with a setting/feeling similar but different to DARK SOULS."
https://www.4gamer.net/games/305/G030528/20160526060/

I did some digging a while ago and saw two artists on Artstation that previously worked on Dark Souls III mentioning they've also worked on a TBA title for FROM.

None of them are credited in either Sekiro or Déraciné as far as I could tell (Please correct me if I'm wrong here).

Marcos Domenech https://www.artstation.com/marcos_domenech/profile Contract work until 2017.
3D Senior Artist Environments and props
" Working in a new exciting Project "

Daniel Santos https://www.artstation.com/danvonp/profile
FROM SOFTWARE 2014-2018
Senior Character Artist
- Dark Souls 3
- TBA title

Both of these artists has done some exceptional work that ended up in the final product. My guess is that their sticking to their strengths with Dark Fantasy and it will have a very similar aesthetic to Dark Souls but play differently. I also think it's pretty far along and we might see an early 2020 release for it.

It's always fun to speculate and It could turn out to be something completely different.

Last edited:

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
Omnipotent is an insider who keeps saying it's not a thing. So him posting before you is what made it funny for me.
Didn't bruceleeroy come out recently and say bloodborne 2 is indeed happening? He was one of the first people to even mention project beast/bloodborne.

OP
OP
Mifec

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't bruceleeroy come out recently and say bloodborne 2 is indeed happening? He was one of the first people to even mention project beast/bloodborne.
He kept saying it before Sekiro too and in the end the only true things were what Omni said

3RjQnUq.jpg

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
The obligatory Sekiro DLC and maybe an Armored Core announcement.

I'm happy for them to do other things because I'm only just finishing up with the Ringed City DLC in DS3, so I'll probably give Sekiro a bit of breathing room before I jump into that.

Oct 25, 2017
All I'm expecting is Sekiro DLC announcement, but I'd be thrilled to see a glimpse of their next project as well.

I wish they'd just confirm Sekiro DLC, no need for a fancy trailer for now, just say "hey guys, it's coming!", and I'd be happy.

With this being the first game they actually own in a while, we can never be 100% sure if there will be DLC. The publisher can ask and they can just say "nope, not feeling it" if it wasn't part of the original contract.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Yeah that's what I feel is what's getting announced this year. The question is when?

Honestly I think it heavily depends on the publisher. If this is a Sony exclusive thing, then it's showing up at a Sony event (State of play, presser etc.). If it's a multiplat which is the rumor then it can show up anywhere and I wouldn't be shocked if it got it's reveal during MS presser at E3 or later in the summer at Gamescom.

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I hope the Grrm stuff is true. After Sekiro showed us they don't need a dark souls style game to make an excellent game, I'm excited for anything they come up with. They're pretty much my #1 developer right now

OP
OP
Mifec

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Did he? I didn't see any posts but would like to see them. Surely the studio can work on more than one game, though.
I love that image you posted lol.
I'll try and search for them for you, yeah someone posted that in the other thread and I couldn't stop laughing.

edit: https://www.resetera.com/threads/fr...ct-teaser-tga-2017.10112/page-62#post-7875474

According to Omni it's not a thing at all at FROM.

tenor.gif