• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Welp...time to lose my shit.

Time for DLC

Ai6VQvq.gif

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
We already saw a thing from them. It's called Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, and it released not two months ago.

Maybe you'll get a DLC tease before the year is up.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I just want to see a next gen armored core :'( is that too much to ask?

Come on E3 *bursts into tears"

Oct 25, 2017
We already saw a thing from them. It's called Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, and it released not two months ago.

Maybe you'll get a DLC tease before the year is up.
I think the expectations are due to the way 2015 played out for them. Bloodborne released in March, DS3 announced at E3 and The Old Hunters at TGS. Assuming Déraciné was a small project made on the side, without impacting the development of any other projects, the same could happen this year, with Sekiro being the game made by the Bloodborne leads and all.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A ms exclusive From soulslike game would be one way to get me to buy their snake thing, for sure. That could be what the tears part means, I suppose.

And also gigaton, yeah. Please tell me Ms isn't about to buy from or some shit.

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure that's Sekiro...
Sekiro was probably the reboot of an old franchise he mentioned, back in 2016 maybe it was still a Tenchu, and the change to a new IP happened after that interview.

From Software employees always call Sekiro an "Action Adventure" game, too, so it couldn't be the dark fantasy RPG.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Did anyone worth anything ever comment on that George R R Martin written medieval kingdom RPG being From's next game rumor or did it just fade into to dust

Nasigil

Banned
Sep 3, 2018
There's no way they built up legend of Tomoe in Sekiro everywhere without a proper DLC about her.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Pretty sure that's Sekiro...

No Sekiro is almost certainly the reboot project as it started as a Tenchu project. From has also made it clear this game was not developed with Dark Souls in mind. They wanted to distance this project away from those games. Sekiro is not an RPG either.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I've said it before and will say it again. For a while now I have wanted to see their modern day production values and design philosophys honed and directed by Miyazaki's vision applied to older IP's. Knowing that Sekiro started as an attempt to resurrect Tenchu has just made my wish grow even stronger.

As for which IP I would love to see From run through their current machinery I really would love to see another Otogi.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Did anyone worth anything ever comment on that George R R Martin written medieval kingdom RPG being From's next game rumor or did it just fade into to dust

At least It wasn't based on nothing
https://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/03/dark-souls-developers-have-worked-with-the-expanse-writer

Ty has worked with Martin and was his former assistant. I'm not sure that I buy Martin working on this directly however the other stuff sounded pretty fantastic and up their alley.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno if I expect to see anything. But I really hope they have something to show at E3, even just a teaser.
Souls-style game, new Armored Core, new IP, anything is cool with me. Preferably something that isn't an exclusive, but I just want to see something from FROM!

You don't know what you're doing to me, man. This one post has my heart aflutter.
Though I think you're usually pretty careful about getting people excited, right?

Oct 25, 2017
I've said it before and will say it again. For a while now I have wanted to see their modern day production values and design philosophys honed and directed by Miyazaki's vision applied to older IP's. Knowing that Sekiro started as an attempt to resurrect Tenchu has just made my wish grow even stronger.

As for which IP I would love to see From run through their current machinery I really would love to see another Otogi.

Kuon pls

Ladioss

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Like every year, I expect a new Armored Core annoucement.

And like every year, I will be disappointed.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
The GRRM stuff is probably misunderstood, it's probably written by Ty Franck if rumor is true.
And the rumor came from insiders (Liam Robertson was the first to talk about it I think).
Now of course it ain't the greatest insider, but it ain't a 4chan rumor.
I would say it likely to be true given what we know so far (FromSoft working on another dark fantasy game yet to be revealed, Ty Franck having worked with them, Omnipotent teasing something that should be revealed soon...), and it sounds awesome.
I believe it. Just not written by GRRM.

Mar 22, 2019
Sekiro DLC for sure. Even just one like Bloodborne but we are getting something for sure.

Also "Bloodborne 2: The Search for More Bloodvials" as a launch PS5 title.

Omnipotent responds

Deleted member 2229

Oct 25, 2017
You don't know what you're doing to me, man. This one post has my heart aflutter.
Though I think you're usually pretty careful about getting people excited, right?
I try to be, and to not to get peoples hopes up over nothing and be real about expectations for announcements.

So if you trust me, trust me when I say that if you've stuck with and been a fan of Fromsoft's overall output over the past decade I think you will find a lot here to be really pleased with.

But like I said, Im expecting tears of all varieties.

There is no Kuon.

OP
OP
Mifec

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I try to be, and to not to get peoples hopes up over nothing and be real about expectations for announcements.

So if you trust me, trust me when I say that if you've stuck with and been a fan of Fromsoft's overall output over the past decade I think you will find a lot here to be really pleased with.

There is no Kuon.
Damn I'm glad I made this thread.

Guess it's gonna be sooner than later then.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
I'm shocked by the amount of love Armored Core gets on ERA. Those games player base in the west is pretty much non existent when compared to other games, extremely niche. I understand that FROM has more clout now in the industry but a mech game is a mech game. Wouldn't they have to change that thing like drastically for it to have some kind of appeal overseas? I can see them releasing a smaller AC project in Japan but a full blown big budget AC?

SteamyPunk

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like Activision would have definitely done a season pass if DLC had been planned. They probably didn't want to pony up the extra money in case Sekiro bombed and are now regretting it. This doesn't mean DLC couldn't still happen, but if From has an early 2020 release planned, things might be complicated.

JoJo'sDentCo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017

There is no Kuon.
I've always trusted you. Watching people believe in BB2 after you told them it didn't exist was honestly maddening lol.

VXLbeast

Nov 28, 2017
Whatever it is, I hope that all video game fans come 2gether with much warm feeling and to being excited for whatever From chose to produce :3