• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yan

Oct 29, 2017
Given Omnipotent's comments about tears I expect a Microsoft exclusive, maybe announced at E3.
Who knows, maybe even a buyout?

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Given Omnipotent's comments about tears I expect a Microsoft exclusive, maybe announced at E3.
Who knows, maybe even a buyout?

A buyout would be extremely unlikely and expensive considering they are not independent and under the Kadokawa corporation. Honestly Kadokawa was probably the best company that could have bought FROM. They've been fortunate enough to create what they want and can create games for all platforms without being chained.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Sekiro DLC for sure. For other projects, nothing more than a tease and a Fromsoft logo if they have something new to show us, followed by another year of speculation like with Sekiro.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Sekiro DLC. Something else teased maybe, no idea.

It's From so I'll keep an eye on anything they do, but I'm not really interested in anything Mech-based, it just doesn't appeal to me.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
I'll be one of those shedding tears for Bloodborne 2. I'm sure Miyazaki isn't against the idea of going back to it he certainly seems to think a lot of it going by those cute Deracine nods.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Eh Idk. Things were very straight forward with little room for speculation and interpretation. It could just be a side effect of them going for a more straightforward story, but compared to Bloodborne or Dark Souls 1, none of the item descriptions really stopped and made me think about the nature of the world.
I see. Even if the content was more straightforward this time, I feel like the language used was still quite evocative. I agree Frog does amazing work, but I think this was a valiant attempt, especially considering the very different subject matter.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Bloodborne 2 would be cool, but Sekiro at 144fps with FOV extended feels like a different game & it was hard to play it on my friends PS4. Maybe Bloodborne 2 on PS5 & hopefully they target 60fps.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bloodborne 2 would be cool, but Sekiro at 144fps with FOV extended feels like a different game & it was hard to play it on my friends PS4. Maybe Bloodborne 2 on PS5 & hopefully they target 60fps.

If they make Bloodborne 2 then it would be PS4 or PS5 only. I'd rather they continue PC support as well, thank you very much. I think From wants to go in a different direction anyways and make something different from the Souls type games.

ced

Oct 27, 2017
Sekiro was probably the reboot of an old franchise he mentioned, back in 2016 maybe it was still a Tenchu, and the change to a new IP happened after that interview.

From Software employees always call Sekiro an "Action Adventure" game, too, so it couldn't be the dark fantasy RPG.
No Sekiro is almost certainly the reboot project as it started as a Tenchu project. From has also made it clear this game was not developed with Dark Souls in mind. They wanted to distance this project away from those games. Sekiro is not an RPG either.

Forgot about that, that's good news then.

Oct 25, 2017
Sekiro DLC and something else would be swell. I'm all for new IP, preferably sci-fi as fantasy has been done to death, and fast-paced, i.e. more Bloodborne / Sekiro than Dark Souls.

Oct 25, 2017
The sleazy corporate brand manager guy in me is saying. Stamp his name on everything!

The Dark Souls III reception by the fanbase was already fairly tepid compared to Bloodborne, though. No matter how involved he actually was, clearly it wasn't enough. A lot of people even prefer DS2 to DS3.

Slapping his name on everything would just devalue his name being slapped on a product after a while, if the quality starts to fluctuate too much.

Eh Idk. Things were very straight forward with little room for speculation and interpretation. It could just be a side effect of them going for a more straightforward story, but compared to Bloodborne or Dark Souls 1, none of the item descriptions really stopped and made me think about the nature of the world.
I felt this way on my first playthrough as well, but the more I play it and discuss it, the more I discover and fall in love with the lore.

The main story is really straightforward, but that made people (myself included) a bit lazy and we assumed we knew everything just because we know the basics.

In the other games, while just trying to understand what is going on you end up absorbing a lot about the world and side stories along with it, but Sekiro demands no effort to understand what's going on, so you have to dig into the side stories yourself.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
There can be overwhelming happiness tears, excitement tears, tears of dissapointment, and salt tears.

And im sure there will be a decent helping of all to go around.

I can say I'm definitely in the former two categories myself and I think some reccently lapsed fans might find themselves in those categories too.

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
I can see them announce something in a ps5 reveal event. Their relationship with Sony is pretty good with Deracine just released recently.

Oct 25, 2017
There can be overwhelming happiness tears, excitement tears, tears of dissapointment, and salt tears.

I can say I'm definitely in the former two categories myself and I think some reccently lapsed fans might find themselves in those categories too.
Oh shit, it's Dark Souls.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown

Cool. I'd really like a new mech game from them, but I'll play whatever they release.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019

As a recent (77 hours so far in Sekiro being my first FromSoft game) FromSoft convert, as long as it's on PC, the news will probably be good.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Lol the teasing.
Well I have had tears of excitement and joy for every fromsoft game in past decade so bring it.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
I can totally see a new Souls game without the Dark part but something else.

Bloodborne and Sekiro sales showed us that even without the Dark Souls title the fanbase of FS will be there to buy whatever they do, so I can definitely see them going with "something Souls" and a different publisher.
But who would be disappointed at that?

Unless it's exclusive to one platform.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
The Dark Souls III reception by the fanbase was already fairly tepid compared to Bloodborne, though. No matter how involved he actually was, clearly it wasn't enough. A lot of people even prefer DS2 to DS3.

Slapping his name on everything would just devalue his name being slapped on a product after a while, if the quality starts to fluctuate too much.

I don't disagree with you hence why I took the role of the sleazy brand manager. I am beyond excited for their next product and not one of the people that would feel disappointed if Miyazaki didn't have hands it in beyond overseeing it.

This years E3 thread is gunna be a GOOD one

RG0BS1U.gif