• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
As long as it isn't like Dark Souls 2 I'm happy. Bring on the Dark Fantasy.

Don't want to sound doubtful or anything like that but what is Omni in relation to From? I guess he knows a contact there.

Oct 26, 2017
An MMO/online/MP only game would bring out all the salt in me. Then again we just got Sekiro so it's not like I could complain if that ends up being the case.

But maybe there'll be a bigger emphasis on MP than before (and hey, maybe it's a Tanimura game). Going by everything Omnipotent is saying I'm still pretty excited though.

Muntaner

May 12, 2018
What could veterans like more than non - veterans players?
That's what tortures me right now.

Better knowledge of the overall lore?

muteant

Nov 1, 2017
omni, will the game's systems likely be arcane to everyone no matter how much a souls veteran they are?

my ideal is a game that is soulslike in terms of combat, customization, atmosphere, and pvp, yet i want to be totally lost from the outset. demanding? yes. impossible? I have faith.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
Well... "veteran" can also be a guy which sinked 300 hours in each soulslike, not only who knows and loves just the first one.

On the other hand, there are already so many Demon's Souls references in Dark Souls 1-3 that anyone who's played the hell out of Dark Souls game is likely to recognize a Demon's Souls reference even if they mistake Flamelurker for the Old Iron King.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Oct 25, 2017
Omnipotent and are you sure all of the things you're talking about will be clear when the game is announced, or is it possible that they're not showing much and it won't make sense until we see gameplay?

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Omnipotent and are you sure all of the things you're talking about will be clear when the game is announced, or is it possible that they're not showing much and it won't make sense until we see gameplay?
You'll just have to wait and see.

Though if you're seriously worried about the tears thing, I imagine the vast majority of fans will be fine lol. You guys know you're always in good hands with Fromsoft.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
Would much rather have Tanimura if Miyazaki isn't directing this time. The DS2 dlc's were generally pretty good. No idea what happened to shibuya though
Yeah, me too. But I will forever be interested in what Shibuya was trying to make with Dark Souls 2 before it was salvaged by Tanimura. I was just saying that the guy that usually gets all the blame for ruining Dark Souls 2 would surely make some people VERY salty if he was directing another game

Is Yui Tanimura still with FROM?

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
I think a lot of people are extrapolating way too much from these hints, this just sounds like another Souls-esque game, just not exactly like Souls and more of a side step in a different direction like Bloodborne and Sekiro.

The open world leak, if true, sounds like what's being described. In theory we'd be getting differences like a different type of world structure, probably more expanded traversal options, a similar but yet different approach to combat design, maybe a more fleshed out narrative (definitely a different concept), etc etc

Bernkastel

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Jan 15, 2018
Brazil

Though if you're seriously worried about the tears thing, I imagine the vast majority of fans will be fine lol. You guys know you're always in good hands with Fromsoft.
It's probably an easy mode, I think there's a small part of the souls fanbase that would hate an easy mode on any From Software game.

Oct 25, 2017

I'm more curious than worried. If the reveal is mostly cutscene footage, it's possible we won't even see the things that would be divisive.

Deleted member 37092

Banned
Dec 31, 2017
I'm more curious than worried. If the reveal is mostly cutscene footage, it's possible we won't even see the things that would be divisive.

Omni can't respond you on "what will be shown and what not"...anyway the very particular people absolutely don't refer on the most part of fans especially those that liked all of their decade output like you ;-)

Deleted member 2229

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably an easy mode, I think there's a small part of the souls fanbase that would hate an easy mode on any From Software game.
I can tell you that From's approach to game design is essentially:
giphy.gif

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
Edit:Wrong thead

I don't expect anything from, from for a while. I get the feeling even dlc for sekiro might be a ways off.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Miyazaki has mentioned Escaflowne multiple times. It's an incredible anime, Dark fantasy + mecha!

tumblr_nbdn5nhbzg1s5oxc0o1_500.gif

UnconsciousFatalHackee-max-1mb.gif

Miyazaki has also mentioned Aura Battler Dunbine in an interview.

C1c42dLUQAQnh9z.jpg

bd8179d13bc54a931258881545d728c5.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
I'd personally love to see the George rr Martin and FromSoftware team up that was mentioned awhile back . I don't think this will happen, but a man can dream.

SteamyPunk

Oct 26, 2017

Even if the game has an easy mode, I don't think we'd find out about that at the reveal stage. I also think they'd just make the game easier with in-game ways to add challenge if they wanted to go in that direction.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious who the publisher will be. Since it might be multiplatform, Sony is out of the question. I somehow doubt it's Activision, considering they just released sekiro. It's still possible though. Maybe Namco again?

Jingo

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I'm curious who the publisher will be. Since it might be multiplatform, Sony is out of the question. I somehow doubt it's Activision, considering they just released sekiro. It's still possible though. Maybe Namco again?
not namco, bamdai namco its releasing their own "souls game" called Code Vein.

But i dont care about that, just super excited for the usual weekly tip from omni to drop out.