• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Miyazaki has mentioned Escaflowne multiple times. It's an incredible anime, Dark fantasy + mecha!

tumblr_nbdn5nhbzg1s5oxc0o1_500.gif

UnconsciousFatalHackee-max-1mb.gif

Miyazaki has also mentioned Aura Battler Dunbine in an interview.

C1c42dLUQAQnh9z.jpg

bd8179d13bc54a931258881545d728c5.jpg

Maaaan, that would be the coolest!

The White Knight Chronicles 3 I've always asked for, only a million times better than I could ever imagine.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
It was a bit of a dick move to delay the game 1 month to give it to streamers to spoil shit.
Every Souls game had had a delayed release of some kind for some platform by that point. Demon's Souls, Dark Souls (PC much later) Dark Souls 2 (PC one month later) and Dark Souls 3 (one month later localized release). They've been doing it each time for logistics, to either reduce the load for servers at launch, or other reasons needed to ensure a smooth launch.

It just comes off as incredibly silly to complain that this happened for Dark Souls 3 in a vacuum, especially considering it has the highest concurrent player count on Steam for Souls, probably consoles as well (BN probably knew it would be so by preorder counts and needed to adjust appropriately).

Also take into account this discussion: BN did receive backlash for delayed PC, so they had to make a choice and released PC at the same time instead of delayed, so all people in the same region could play it at the same time. That's more important than Japanese getting to play it early.

I don't want to derail though, so I'll stop here. But sometimes I just can't take these complaints seriously.

zeioIIDX

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
They need to hold up with any Sekiro DLC, I'm still on my first playthrough lmao. Taking my sweet time and enjoying it. Plus I still have Just Cause 4, Saints Row 3, Dreams, Shakedown: Hawaii, and a bunch of other games to play, oh man...On top of finishing up a NG+ run of Bloodborne :(

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Every Souls game had had a delayed release of some kind for some platform by that point. Demon's Souls, Dark Souls (PC much later) Dark Souls 2 (PC one month later) and Dark Souls 3 (one month later localized release). They've been doing it each time for logistics, to either reduce the load for servers at launch, or other reasons needed to ensure a smooth launch.

Also take into account this discussion: BN did receive backlash for delayed PC, so they had to make a choice and released PC at the same time instead of delayed, so all people in the same region could play it at the same time. That's more important than Japanese getting to play it early.

I don't want to derail though, so I'll stop here. But sometimes I just can't take these complaints seriously.

https://kotaku.com/the-problem-with-streaming-dark-souls-3-so-early-1766863507

I was surprised when a code for the PC version of Dark Souls 3 showed up in my inbox a few days ago. It hadn't crossed my mind to even ask Bandai Namco for a review copy of the game yet; the game was a few weeks out. What surprised me even more was how relaxed the publisher's approach to coverage was going to be, allowing writers and streamers to freely publish information about (parts of) the game well before its April 12 release date.

This was the case with streamers and reviewers alike, they were getting the localized PC copy 3 weeks before release just so they could stream the game and produce hype . This is totally different from a late PC port (putting Dark Souls here is disingenious because the game wasn't announced for PC when it launched, of course it had a late PC port).

henlo_birb

Dec 15, 2017
I know III is the end, and initially I felt like that was the right call, but now that a few years have passed... I really would love a Dark Souls IV.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Man I would love some key art or a teaser just like the "Shadows Die Twice" one leading up to E3. That would really get the speculation juices flowing.

Muntaner

May 12, 2018
I know III is the end, and initially I felt like that was the right call, but now that a few years have passed... I really would love a Dark Souls IV.

My heart agrees with you, but my brain tells me that the saga is done and there isn't much to "talk about" in an hypotetical 4th iteration.

Man I would love some key art or a teaser just like the "Shadows Die Twice" one leading up to E3. That would get the speculation juices really flowing.

Or maybe... the teaser is all we'll get at E3.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
https://kotaku.com/the-problem-with-streaming-dark-souls-3-so-early-1766863507

This was the case with streamers and reviewers alike, they were getting the localized PC copy 3 weeks before release just so they could stream the game and produce hype . This is totally different from a late PC port (putting Dark Souls here is disingenious because the game wasn't announced for PC when it launched, of course it had a late PC port).
The point is that every Souls game has had a delayed release. You and others seem to assume they delayed DS3 only to give to streamers for promotion. There's no proof in that assertion, especially when they've never done a global launch including PC before for Souls.

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
Omnipotent, can you confirm if Miyazaki is co-directing, directing or just producing?

Oct 25, 2017

Rex1157

Banned
Nov 22, 2017
I'm hoping for a Bloodborne 2 or another Sony Japan collab with Fromsoft, though I know that's not happening this year.