• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
hmmmm

typo?

orrrrr hint?

bare. bare as in barehanded? no weapons, but hand-to-hand combat?

hmmmm
tenor.gif

knight_cream

Jun 11, 2018
NYC
I'd probably faint over the announcement of a dark fantasy, Escaflowne-inspired ARPG.

I just hope that if the RR Martin rumor is true it has nothing to do with GoT. I know it's a great series but I feel a bit beaten over the head by it after the last 8 years.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Dragon's Souls
Open-world RPG x ASoIaF hybrid with Souls-like combat
Written by GRRM
Set in Valyria during the Doom
350px-Fourteen_Flames.jpg

main-qimg-03c1888c23742a7cae2a8d5797027fd0.webp
1923fef0fb97a34983be4bc8984e4f6ed62b5905_00.jpg

latest

Just let me dream okay

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Demon's Souls Remake and Armored Souls (after copying Nioh they will show how sci-fi souls should be done)
or Evil Within Souls

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mifec

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Demon's Souls Remake and Armored Souls (after copying Nioh they will show how sci-fi souls should be done)
or Evil Within Souls
FROM aren't doing a Demon's Souls remake. If it's ever done Sony is outsourcing it to someone. Was said by Miyazaki himself in his GI interview.

Muntaner

May 12, 2018
Btw, maybe it is a coincidence or nothing at all... but I'm noticing a lot of Dark Souls advertisements on the main FromSoftware social channels (Facebook, Instagram). Who knows if this matters with E3...

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
Btw, maybe it is a coincidence or nothing at all... but I'm noticing a lot of Dark Souls advertisements on the main FromSoftware social channels (Facebook, Instagram). Who knows if this matters with E3...
Not seeing anything new on instagram other than posts announcing the ds remaster. Not on the jp acc or the english one (which im still unsure on wheter or not is official).
You could argue the avatars are both ds related but those have been the same for a long time now

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I was really eh with regards to this E3 up until a few weeks ago (what with Sony missing and many big games already out), but between this and FFVII-R I'm way more hyped than I've been in years for an E3.

Best thing of all is that From usually releases their games less than a year after they announce it, so that's always great.

Awesom-O_4000

Oct 28, 2017
Did Omnipotent reject the GRRM rumour ? I think we are really in for an open world GOT style fantasy game maybe that's the thing he mentioned about some specific set of people not liking since it's open world and not Non linear like soulsbornekiro.

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
Looking forward to From's first next-gen project
Oh damn didnt think about it that way.. will this be crossgen?? maybe comes straight to next gen if these are released prior to march?? Maybe there's no april-march release and the game is launched alongside next gen?
in terms of improvements, i dont expect them to up the visuals that much compared to sekiro (not that i had a problem w those anyways) but hopefully performance will improve drastically if the title comes to next gen

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
armored souls-like shlooter. you could break parts off of ACs like in Gundam Breaker to collect loot/parts before you finish them. would be legit imo

Muntaner

May 12, 2018
I was reading somewhere that Activision won't be present @ this E3. So I'll go with Bandai Namco as publisher of the gigaton.

Hydes

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think this comes to current generation because Dark Souls II came out super late.

Somni

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Outside of Sekiro DLC, nothing.

I'd prefer them to go dormant and focus on developing any potential next-gen projects.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably not gonna happen, but that mermaid art got me excited over the prospect of a FromSoft game set entirely underwater.

Mar 23, 2018
Not Dark Souls 4 but Dark Souls IIII hehe

Someone mentioned a dark fantasy underwater Souls game and that would be really cool to see, so hopefully someone tells FromSoft about it wink wink

Expecting that "dark fantasy" title they were working on to show up at E3 and be released in 2020. I think that was the remaining title from that Miyazaki interview.

ToKre

Mar 11, 2018
A licensed Berserk game written by GRRM
imagine the new "griffith did nothing wrong" spawns if that ever happens
-
i was happy i was unaware just spamming the F of divinity 2 since my summer vacation started and then i stumble upon this thread now im consmued with hype and questions.
-
couple of questions since i didn't check the whole thread
1. how likely is it that we'll get sekiro DLCs , i just had the feeling we wont get any since it released for some reason but didn't look it up
2. this game you're talking about isn't the AC game that seems confirmed its a new thing that we'll see soon in E3?.

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
1. No confirmation on the sekiro DLC but I think it's likely
Omnipotent claimed this year would be way more exciting in terms of fromsoft announcements compared to 2018
last year we got the first actual sekiro trailer and this year we're getting a new trailer for a new game
therefore more announcements need to happen in order for it to be more exciting. Expect sekiro DLC and maybe even demon souls remaster??
Also see no reason for them not to release DLC given how well it usually does

2. This new game is 99.8% going to be a new dark fantasy ARPG, likely a new IP. Armored core is confirmed to be in developement, yes, but Omni said more stuff would come prior to it (so sekiro + this new game)

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
Omnipotent claimed this year would be way more exciting in terms of fromsoft announcements compared to 2018
last year we got the first actual sekiro trailer and this year we're getting a new trailer for a new game
therefore more announcements need to happen in order for it to be more exciting. Expect sekiro DLC and maybe even demon souls remaster??
Also see no reason for them not to release DLC given how well it usually does
Maybe there'll be more than one announcement, but I think Omni just means this new project is gonna be big. Dunno in what way though. Maybe a big open world that still has intricately and carefully designed areas, maybe it'll have an extensive online component.
Just something significantly bigger than Sekiro's "being a new FROM action game that takes a lot from Dark Souls but reworks the combat and adds much more open, fluid, and vertical traversal" (not knocking Sekiro here!) is my guess.