• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
There's a conflict between Scotland and the UK? Or it takes place on that piece of the planet. There will be Scottish folklore influences. Online and Fashion confirmed. Possibly even seafaring? BET THERES GONNA BE BOATS YALL.

Heavy immersion and old school inspirations could mean deeper roleplay possibilities?

Sea ? Possibility for eldritch abominations ? Sirens or Selkies after a quick google/

03f5e1e5ce5383e64911ce8915489a62.jpg

Tabletop probably refers to deeper customization as some posters said. Knights of the round tables influence is likely too !!!

Also, Unearthed Knowledge ?

I'm just googling words now LOL.

Guildenstern

Oct 29, 2017
From the words of Omnipotent the world seems archaic, something pre-medieval full of mysteries and secrets. Reminds me of King of Dragon Pass ...

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Sea ? Possibility for eldritch abominations ? Sirens or Selkies after a quick google/

03f5e1e5ce5383e64911ce8915489a62.jpg

Tabletop probably refers to deeper customization as some posters said. Knights of the round tables influence is likely too !!!

Also, Unearthed Knowledge ?

I'm just googling words now LOL.
Yes. We're totally gonna be on the water in some way shape or form.
From the words of Omnipotent the world seems archaic, something pre-medieval full of mysteries and secrets. Reminds me of King of Dragon Pass ...
Also this. I feel like this world could be even more arcane than even Dark Souls was.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland and tabletop.

High
Fantastical

This might simply refer to it being High Fantasy which would mean it is its own world. Might be too simple and perhaps doesn't fit with Scotland.

Tabletop

Could this mean D&D influence ?

Social
Cat
Titan
Land

So this part might refer to Scotland. Is there more to this ? What is Titan referring to ?

Unearthed
Knowledge

Secret knowledge ? Ancient civilization ? A tomb ? Simply UK as in United Kingdom ?

New
Feast
Crows

No clues here.
well, he mentioned d&d

as for NFC... near field communication? idk
Amiibo?!

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Where are you guys getting underwater from? After that fountain head palace lake, underwater is the next thing I really want From to tackle but I am not seeing anything that is referencing that from Omni's post.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
So any chance someone mixed up Gaelic culture with Nordic in the leaks?

Probably wouldn't be the first. Are we still thinking the title 'Grand Rune' is accurate? Edit* Great Rune thanks for the correction :)

Oct 25, 2017
Well, since I'm stupid there's no point in hanging around. I'll go to sleep and hopefully people will figure out more stuff by the time I read the thread again.

Good night, boyz.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Yes. The game takes a lot from Gaelic, Celtic, and general British Isles. Some really creepy stuff in this game, dark fantasy through the roof. Lore, world, and monster designs are very original though with their own twist, in typical Fromsoftware fashion
Don't want to doubt you, but what's your relationship with From?

May 28, 2019
I'm really hoping it's Gaelic as opposed to Norse. Maybe it was someone who doesn't really know their history. Being Irish, know that we have runes also, Called Ogham, very ancient writing.

Ogham-Alphabet.-724x1024.png

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Neat. Celtic mythos, and maybe you are tasked with rooting out the Knights of the Round table who have somehow become "corrupted"? That would somewhat align with the original " kill kings to get new powers" leak. Could be all kinds of Druidic rituals gone wrong to distort the lands...

Thanks, Omni! Looking forward to the 9th now.