Snowybreak

Oct 25, 2017
Nice mention of KMFDM. Yeah, Medusa as an album is a masterpiece. One of my favorite albums of all time.

I've been relistening to Nihil for the past week. It's just so well put together and heavy hitting. I've also been meaning to get into more Darkwave stuff, and Clan of Xymox feels like a great entry point.

Formless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Antonio, Texas
I've been relistening to Nihil for the past week. It's just so well put together and heavy hitting. I've also been meaning to get into more Darkwave stuff, and Clan of Xymox feels like a great entry point.
I'm all about the darkwave and related genres. I try to go to shows when they are in the area, but Texas isn't too big on that.

I thought about starting an OT about Darkwave, Goth, etc, but I figured it wouldn't gain much traction and would be buried instantly.

Hau Ruck has to be my favorite KMFDM album. I love the Opium album too, but that's just my ambient/idm genre appreciation taking over.

Snowybreak

Oct 25, 2017
I'm all about the darkwave and related genres. I try to go to shows when they are in the area, but Texas isn't too big on that.

I thought about starting an OT about Darkwave, Goth, etc, but I figured it wouldn't gain much traction and would be buried instantly.

Go for it man! I'd post there! A Goth/Darkwave/Emo/Industrial comprehensive thread would be cool as hell.

Snowybreak

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty lazy with forum etiquette and stuff. I prefer just to sit back and post on topics. What other stuff do you like in relation to KMFDM or Clan of Xymox?

I'm big on Covenant, Sisters of Mercy, Skinny Puppy, Decoded Feedback, etc etc.

Ritual Howls, Tempers, Chelsea Wolfe and Soft Kill. My whole Darkwave delve was from hearing Whirl by Soft Kill. Me and my co-worker love doing deep dives into random genres during the morning shift, so we listen to a whole swath of random stuff that comes up on our discovery playlists.

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh definitely subscribing to this thread.

The recurring song from Welcome to the NHK

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
R-8679649-1475730077-2803.jpeg.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccztRby3FAk

This album finally clicked with me so so so hard.

Formless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Antonio, Texas
Ritual Howls, Tempers, Chelsea Wolfe and Soft Kill. My whole Darkwave delve was from hearing Whirl by Soft Kill. Me and my co-worker love doing deep dives into random genres during the morning shift, so we listen to a whole swath of random stuff that comes up on our discovery playlists.
Should check out some local college radio stations stuff in the after hours. You won't believe what you'll hear on there. I've discovery some pretty great underground darkwave esque music.

Snowybreak

Oct 25, 2017
Should check out some local college radio stations stuff in the after hours. You won't believe what you'll hear on there. I've discovery some pretty great underground darkwave esque music.

I mean... I don't want to totally nerd out here, but I actually know the guy who does exactly that where I live. It's a show called Phazed Cookies. And he will play pretty much whatever the fuck he wants. You'll hear Pavement, Soft Kill, New Order and Steely Dan all in a row.

Chaparral

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Jazz Cartier - Secrets Safe / Local Celebrity Freestyle

Best Toronto rapper to come out of the wake of Drake, and probably the best rapper from Toronto right now. God, can't wait for his next album to drop.

Formless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Antonio, Texas
I mean... I don't want to totally nerd out here, but I actually know the guy who does exactly that where I live. It's a show called Phazed Cookies. And he will play pretty much whatever the fuck he wants. You'll hear Pavement, Soft Kill, New Order and Steely Dan all in a row.
That's badass. I'm still debating on making that darkwave,goth OT. I'll think about it. Would be nice to talk to more people about this.

YuriLowell

Oct 26, 2017
Still listening to the Villans album from Queens of the Stone Age.

This is the best track off the album. The bass track is so good.

Germangerbil

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Such a great comeback after Tom´s death. What is especially great is how the song makes you think "Oh no they got soft..." after the cleans in the beginning and then gets a lot heavier later on while still being very accesible. Can´t wait to see them live again.

thesoapster

Oct 25, 2017
MD, USA
I've been on a Rammstein kick lately, so I decided to check out another band of (supposedly) similar genre - Eisbrecher. I think the quality is less consistent, but there are a couple I like...such as:

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Right now I'm listening to Mogwai. I discovered the band last year thanks to the Life Is Strange soundtrack, and recently decided to check their albums. I've been listening to them for a couple of months now, and they are great.

Appendy

Oct 25, 2017
Beast Coast
^Mogwai was amazing live. Saw them open for Pavement in the late 90s.

Mr Bungle : Disco Volante

also Britney Spears because why not?

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Been listening to a lot of Interpol today.

Turn On The Bright Lights is a sublime album. Not a bad track on there.