• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
let's discuss us. what are you really good at? how did you get really good at it?

i don't have anything i am really good at.

Rotkehle

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hamm, Germany
Of course there will be something where you are good at. What you are not good at is putting yourself in perspective.

Im good at making someone want something in a face to face conversation. But I need to like it myself but then my enthusiasm can be contagious.

Im good at memorizing facts and numbers too. Always was.

Nov 8, 2017
Programming, especially C and C++. It's both my profession and my hobby.

Back in college when everyone else was just doing the bare minimum to achieve a passing grade, I always worked on my projects on evenings and weekends, adding tons of non-required features and enhancements just to show off, because to me it was fun. My C teacher said I was probably the best programmer the college had ever had, and during class other students would often come to me first for help instead of asking the teacher.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I'm good at lots of things but not really great at any one thing.

Jack of many trades master of none basically.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
Public speaking/ Pitching

I was a child preacher and used to compete in bible verse recitals and then did a couple years of theater in HS. So now I have almost zero stage fright and can get up there sbd present things like my company when I'm fundraising.

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
I honestly dont know what my special talent or skills are. Mediocrity, i guess, is my hallmark. Not that it matters to my self-confidence or self-esteem.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe understanding what is right or wrong in a given situation. I have a lot of empathy.

Other than that...I cant honestly think of a single thing.

Edit: I think i would make a good judge of some kind. Whether it be an actual judge or a moderator of some type.

Edit edit: ooh im also good at knowing what needs done or fixed. Like if i play a video game i can rattle off a hundred ways or ideas to make it better. I couldnt actually fix it myself though. Thats what my underlings would be for =)

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking about this the other day. I've come to the conclusion that, generally, I'm bang average at nearly everything. The only thing I can do to any level of ability;

- Draw, I'm an ok artist although my skills have been eroded a bit by lack of practice and laziness, but I'm trying to get back into it and I've been relatively pleased with what I've drawn recently.

Everything else I like to do though, captain average, scaling to complete shite. But honestly, that's ok. I do stuff because I enjoy it in the full knowledge that there will always be people better at it that me. For example I play badminton regularly; I've got a lot better since I started again a couple of years ago, but I remain utterly average, at best inconsistent. But it's fun, so I keep doing it even though most of the people at the club can wipe the floor with me.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Being a loner. I didn't speak to anyone for a week at least on occasion --- not counting messaging/chat of course.

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Being a teacher.

Never had any problems with any of my pupils, and I am lucky enough to know (or so I think so...) that they all seem to enjoy having me as their teacher. Their parents like me too which, thankfully, makes parents evening as painless and easygoing as humanly possible.

I am also creative minded enough to build all kinds of things out of LEGO!

Oct 25, 2017
Public speaking. My mom decided to enroll me in a public speaking club when I was young so I was giving speeches in front of groups since I was like 12. I've always been one of the better people giving speeches in any communications class I've taken because of that.

Also, chugging. I'm stupid good at chugging. It's completely useless as a skill outside of impressing people at parties, and I have no idea where I picked up, but god damnit I'm going to own it.

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
I'm good at video games. Old arcade games especially.

I'm good at it because I've played arcade games since the 80's, and it's my favorite "genre". I play them a lot and participate in a lot of tournaments. We also have a tight little community in my area, with personal arcade game collectors, so we have events where we go for world records on various games.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Procrastinating. As for how did i develop this talent ? I've just been working in an office for 11 years. Practice makes perfection.

banshee150

Banned
Apr 3, 2019
Really good at nothing except fucking up my life and learning nothing in the process and then repeating it with worse consequences

Wren Wolfe

Nov 10, 2017
I think I'm good at creative writing. I used to write nonstop, but my depression has put that on a shelf for the past couple years.

Now, I'm really good at being compassionate and putting everyone else's needs before my own until I have an emotional breakdown. 😎

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
Nothing.

I enjoy drawing, but I'm terrible at it...
...and that's all I do.

EternalWinter

Oct 27, 2017
Oklahoma, USA
I'm good with technology especially Windows PCs. I'm good at math and logic. I also have a really great sense of hearing. Because of that, I'm trying to launch a podcast editing business because I have a really good ear for what sounds natural on top of overall audio clarity.

I'm also pretty good at vidya games.

Mitch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Recommending craft beer styles to different people.

I enjoy every style, drink quite a bit, worked in the industry and have done some sensory panel stuff. I'm pretty confident in nailing a beer for mostly anyone.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
T3o8Ng.gif

I'm good at posting dumb gifs.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
I've been a professional writer in some capacity (technical writing, games journalism, or marketing) all of my adult working life, so I'd like to think I'm fairly adept at that.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Guitar I suppose. I'm not out here writing chart topping hits or anything, but I've been playing for about 20 years so I know what I'm doing and such lol.