• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bar_bar12

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
experiencepsx.jpg

Playstation Experience is just 6 weeks away, on December 9th, and will be held at Anaheim Convention Center. This event has proved to be very important, with several big games revealed there. What are your expectations (hopes) for this year?

Mine are:
  • Opening the show with a TLOU II gameplay showcase, to keep in tradition with opening the show with a Naughty Dog game.
  • Ghost of Tsushima, Sucker Punch's new game, gameplay reveal as it would be a month and a half after the reveal, and would be a good time to show gameplay.
  • A God of War trailer with a release date reveal.
  • Street Fighter V Arcade Edition trailer showing new gameplay additions, if they're not revealed by then. I fully expect a Season 3 reveal too.
  • My wildest hope but I really want a Devil May Cry 5 reveal, since we know Itsuno has been working on a new game for a while, and PSX would be a great opportunity to reveal it since the DMC series started as a Playstation exclusive.
What about you? What do you want/expect from PSX 2017?

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have any particular expectations or desires, other than a really awesome showcase of TLOU part 2, and maybe the new spiderman game in the works.

Deleted member 13550

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yakuza localizations, baby!
PS All-Stars 2 and NeoGeo Battle Coliseum 2 would be cool too, but i dont really expect 'em, just hoping.

ThaNotoriousSOD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry I just can't help but continue to carry my false hopes for a Socom 2 HD. It just won't go away probably until I die.

Oct 25, 2017
Dunno man, was Klepek tweet real? Does he actually know something or just hypothesizing?

What I would LIKE to see is gameplay from EVERYTHING.

Spiderman gameplay
TLOU2
Ghost

and finally.......

Death Stranding! Even 10 seconds of gameplay from that. I MUST know what the eff Kojima is cooking.

FF7 remake obviously, but that really isn't in Sony's hands.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
  • Devil May Cry 5 (I will expect this at every conference until I die)
  • Ghost of Tsushima gameplay
  • Street Fighter V AE Trailer
  • Another Monster Hunter World trailer
  • God of War trailer and release date
  • Some sort of hint that Dreams isn't dead
  • Death Stranding unless Geoff snaps it up for TheGameAwards

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
Do PGW again but 3 minute gameplay snippets and I would be satisfied. Also Yakuza Kiwami 2.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Low now after PGW. I just hope it mostly isn't a retread of everything again. Though keeping expectations low ain't a bad thing.

Yasamuu

Oct 28, 2017
I imagine we'll see concrete release dates for some if not most of the confirmed 2018 games we saw tonight.

If Shadow of the Colossus is February 2018, then I'm expecting God of War to be March or April, Detroit to be the next out in April or May and then Spiderman around June.

I don't think we'll see TLOU Part II until next E3 now. There's a raft of games coming out early 2018 that we saw tonight, give us the release dates for them, get that slate cleared and then E3 can set up the 2019 and beyond road map.

KNECHT

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Does Media Molecule and Dreams still exist?
Maybe we could see another sculpture made with the Playstation Move...

Idk what could Sony announce when almost every studio has shown their cards... Maybe something from a third party, like From Software and Capcom.

TeddyShardik

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm dying to know what Itsuno has been working on so him showing off his project would be great, I don't even know if I really care what it is at this point.

Also it's time to see something from FROM Software.

nuggetgamer52

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty low. Except to see indies and Japanese games. Maybe gameplay from a couple of upcoming releases. Biggest things I want are solid release dates for Detroit and GOW

3n3rgy

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like we're gonna see a ton of Days Gone. That game has to be super far along. I feel like God of War will open the show, with some huge setpiece that is insane and will get a firm release date.

At some point JRPGs will get some spotlight, with it centered around Ni No Kuni 2. I'm all for that. It'd be amazing if Hayao Miyazaki took the stage, especially since he's out of retirement for one final movie for Ghibli.

After that, we might get some gameplay of Ghost of Tsushima and TLoU 2, especially with the tease we saw at PGW.

Then a firm release date for Detroit.

Then a whole shit ton of indies.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Season 3 of Street Fighter V's DLC.

That's about it. I'd love TLOU2 game-play but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Jeff from GB and Scoops both have said that they've heard Sony moved their big announcements to pgw so expect a more low key psx so I'm keeping my expectation low

gow3isben

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A bunch of release dates for major 2018 titles. I don't want more of Last of Us. Hopefully something Death Stranding related.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
I'm anticipating one or two smaller announcements which would get the core audience excited (Stuff like a CTR remake), and I think that, after Media Molecule's tweet, Dreams is going to be the main game of the show.

GamerForever

Oct 27, 2017
- Death Stranding trailer
- From Software new game
- Some release dates for first party games
- Gameplay trailer from Sucker Punch new game
- Gameplay for Dreams
- Final Fantasy 7 gameplay trailer
- Wild trailer
- Some Vita love from Gio

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
After what they showed at PGW I don't think we will see a lot of big announcements. Especially after those tweets by Patrick Klepek before the show started. I hope we get some Death Stranding stuff. FF VIIR is a stretch but that would be cool. Idk I guess I'm just keeping my expectations low considering what has already been shown.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I really don't see how they can do this kind of E3/PGW style conference again. I think it'll be much lower-key, with lots of indie and Japanese localisation stuff.

Which is cool.

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be happy with some smaller stuff (things like the pre-show today), some Building the List games, a couple of shadow drops, and solidifying those spring/early 2018 dates some.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Considering how much it feels like Sony restrained themselves at E3 and PGW, I expect a pretty good show. Something on par with last year.

Not looking forward to seeing more of Dayzzzzzz Gone though.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
-Days Gone gameplay/story trailer, coming Fall 2018
-God Of War release date (March), trailer
-Dreams re-reveal, 2018, beta in Spring
-Detroit release date (May), trailer
-Wild Arms 6 revealed, developed by Sony Japan

-From Software new IP
-DMC5 (lol)
-Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer
-Ni No Kuni 2 launch trailer
-Yakuza 6 / Kiwami 2

-Rocksteady new title
-Skull and Bones

Bwooduhs

Oct 25, 2017
I would expect gameplay of Spider Man and God of War with dates or at least time frames. Plus hopefully more on the Sucker Punch game and The Last of Us 2

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
More of PGW nothing too crazy, but some nice surprises, a big announcement or 2 and more of stuff we already know about.

Classicrock78

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
San Antonio
I would love kiwami 2 release date announcement,and maybe shenmue 1@2 hd but i know it wont happen i would like a release date forretro city rampage shakedown Hawaii.