• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Crash Team Racing Remake with 12 player online available now

We'll get the actual release date for GOW, a full fledge demo/reintroduction to Dreams and potentially gameplay for TLOU2 or GoT

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
After what happened yesterday and knowing that PSX will not be as packed as PGW, and less than 24h has passed and y'all hyped for DMC5 and Bloodborne 2 again lol

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
After what happened yesterday and knowing that PSX will not be as packed as PGW, and less than 24h has passed and y'all hyped for DMC5 and Bloodborne 2 again lol

Yeah I'm no longer anticipating anything huge from PSX.
Maybe a reveal of something more niche, DMC could actually fall under that umbrella.
Unlikely, but hopefully we see a small update on FFVIIR.
Update on Dreams and maybe gameplay of Ghost of Tsushima.
Other than that I think it'll mostly be release dates for games we already know is coming out early 2018. Like GoW and Detroit.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I'm no longer anticipating anything huge from PSX.
Maybe a reveal of something more niche, DMC could actually fall under that umbrella.
Unlikely, but hopefully we see a small update on FFVIIR.
Update on Dreams and maybe gameplay of Ghost of Tsushima.
Other than that I think it'll mostly be release dates for games we already know is coming out early 2018. Like GoW and Detroit.

Yeah I think that's what they are going to use PSX for, hyping the 2018Q1/2 games that they'll release.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
You need to have some faith my friend!

I'm no man of faith lol

But really, i'm a massive Souls fan, but I'll rather they take their time and create a new awesome IP. I'm sure news will come at next E3. E3 was already were they announced both Bloodborne and Souls 3.
DMC5 I dunno, I'll rather have DD2 but that's not gonna happen for now lol Atleast MHW looks amazing.

Ghella1994

Oct 27, 2017
Belgium
I don't expect much of it after the show at PGW. I think they will see lot of already seen content but with the addition of a precise relaese date.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so burned out on Sony press conferences thanks to their miserable showings this year that I expect nothing anymore. As a primarily PS4 gamer, I haven't felt like any of their conferences this year have had ANYTHING for me to get excited about.

I'd LOVE some (good, high-quality, non-anime) JRPGs or a new Fromsoft game, but those kinds of hopes are entirely unrealistic these days.

I guess they'll probably show the first gameplay footage of TLOU2 or Ghost and announce some more dumb DLC partnerships. Past that, I don't know. But I expect no surprises.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
The cycle begins anew.

While PGW has its place for announcements i always saw DMC5 and Bloodborne 2 as games that would be more likely announced either at E3 or PSX.

Also the hype never ends.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
Considering how good PGW was yesterday I'm Kool with more small title's getting some shine.

Most of the expectations in here remain high though lol.

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
I'll be going for the third year in a row. The conference in 2016 was a little weak so hopefully better than that.

I have been predecting for three years straight that we will get Sucker Punches announcement and PSN name changes at PSX. Sucker Punch announced their game at PGW and name changes will never happen. Who knows what will happen. I hope we get one or two quality announcements. Bloodborne 2 would do it for me.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna try to earmark all the people here saying they don't expect PSX to be that jam packed, but still come into that thread to bitch about the lineup.

MannyTV_

Oct 27, 2017
Expecting them to reveal MLB 18. Like they have the past 2 PSX

Would like them to announce launch dates for all these games

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna try to earmark all the people here saying they don't expect PSX to be that jam packed, but still come into that thread to bitch about the lineup.

To be fair, if Sony continues to be a disappointment for a fourth conference in a row, it's worth bringing up.

Not every year can be E3 2015, obviously, but 2017 has been a poor year for Sony stage shows.

DarkJak101

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I think OP is kinda spot on about what we can realistically expect, I think Paris was basically used as a "pre-PSX", just to reveal the games, while saving gameplay for PSX. I'd love some new games to be announced though, but I honestly don't know which of Sony's studios haven't made known what they're working on...

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, if Sony continues to be a disappointment for a fourth conference in a row, it's worth bringing up.

Not every year can be E3 2015, obviously, but 2017 has been a poor year for Sony stage shows.
What specifically do you want out of their conferences? They are showing new I.P.'s, triple a exclusives, big multiplatform games (with marketing deals), a bunch of PSVR games, a lot of independent games. They've had two pretty good conferences this year.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
What specifically do you want out of their conferences? They are showing new I.P.'s, triple a exclusives, big multiplatform games (with marketing deals), a bunch of PSVR games, a lot of independent games. They've had two pretty good conferences this year.

Diversity of experiences. This year, Sony seems single-mindedly focused on one audience with all of their big games. If you aren't interested in something like TLOU2, they really have nothing to offer you.

And speaking as someone who primarily plays Japanese games, there hasn't been a single announcement of real value out of Sony this year. Some of that is on third parties for dragging their feet, but Japan Studio has been a ghost this year too.

I just find it incredibly depressing, because for most of this gen the PS4 has been my only games machine and it's usually served me well enough. But as of right now Yakuza 6 is pretty much the only game I have to look forward to. I don't see Sony adding any more surprises to their lineup that would be coming out soon enough to fix that.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
After yesterday's events, less new game announcements, but more trailers and confirmation of release dates for their AAA projects.

Days Gone, God of War, Detroit possibly even TLOU 2 getting confirmed release dates and hopefully a game play look at TLOU2.

Also, a Days Gone demo please ?

YOUarcade

Oct 27, 2017
California
I expect a lot of fan service. It seems like the trend of the past couple years. So with that... "INTRODUCING THE PS1 CLASSIC. Play the timeless classics on this brand new, portable device. The Playstation Vit.....Classic is available now!"

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From Software has to show up. I mean they have to! I just want to see what Miyazaki is cooking.

shimon

Oct 25, 2017
Thats me but with

Dream will never die
OMG yes!!!

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Some possible things that could show up for PSX in five weeks:

- Michel Ancel's WiLD, which can't be too much further from completion given how much we've seen of it
- Beyond Good and Evil 2, which was supposed to get a demo by the end of the year but will probably run late
- Square-Enix's Shadow of the Tomb Raider, which was supposed to pop up "soon".
- Kingdom Hearts 3, which is supposed to launch next year
- Hideaki Itsuno's hidden project, which could be DMC5 or anything else
- A look at Biomutant
- Dragon Quest XI localization information
- Detroit: Beyond Human release date, along with a potential release date for Days Gone and God of War.
- Game play of Anthem
- Yakuza 6 and Yakuza Kiwami 2
- Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 3 localization confirmation
- Bloodstained, Indivisible, and a whole lot of other indies
- Street Fighter V Season 3 DLC + first character
- A tease of The Avengers Project because it's so close to 2018 they might just say fuck it
- Maybe, Rocksteady opens up about their new project. They like random reveals that aren't connected to E3, right?

Really, there's a ton of stuff we could see...it's just that most of it won't be coming from Sony first party aside from some release announcements.

MagitekDad

Oct 25, 2017
No matter how many times Media Molecule tweets otherwise, I think Dreams is dead and buried, or at least it will be. If it's not at PSX, I'll triple down on that.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
It really feels like they snubbed E3 and blew their load at Paris Games Week. So if they had even half the number of cool announcements at PSX I would be impressed.

I would love to see gameplay for that bombshell Sucker Punch title. And I think we'd all like to see DMC5.

Oct 25, 2017
Realistic expectations

-New trailer (maybe even gameplay) for TLOU2
-Maybe footage of Sucker Punch's Samurai game
-A GOW release date (I shit you not if its not there, then wtf)
-Obligatory 3rd party DLC trailers
-More detroit

Unrealistic expectations (I don't care for some of these, but these are things I feel should happen one day at these conferences)

-DMC5
-FF7R Footage
-First look at REmake 2
-Death Stranding Gameplay Footage
-Fromsofts new game

Actual dreams, like this is a fantasy that will never happen

-MGR2 by platinum. The monkey's paw is the game if it happens will be done by Mercurysteam

Rat King

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Ghost of Tshushima gameplay reveal. GoW release date, new demo for Days Gone and a lot of psx and ps2 classics announced for the ps4.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Safe bets:

Days Gone trailer
Dreams trailer
GOW and Spider-man dates

Reasonable hopes:

DMC5
FROM Software
Rocksteady
Platinum
Final Fantasy VII appearance
Tsushima gameplay

Long shots:

Mega Man
Souls remasters
Spyro Trilogy Remake
Death Stranding appearance
Final Fantasy VII gameplay demo
TLOUpt2 gameplay

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
+ Spider-Man gameplay. NO date.
+ God of War story trailer and date.
- Ghost of Tsushima gameplay. No Date. Not even a year.
+ Detroit date.
- Dreams beta date.
+ Another The Last of Us Part II short cutscene.
+ Days Gone gameplay and release window (Expecting October 2018 because Walking Dead audience).
+ Death Stranding trailer and new female character reveal (Could be at the VGA's though).
+ PS1 remaster(s).
- A new sequel/reboot to a PlayStation classic (new CTR, please).

( + = likely | - = unlikely )

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
A TLoU2 trailer
Dreams update with release day
Days gone trailer
Spiderman extended gameplay
Other stuff
And realistically, it's going to be the big push show for GoW. This is the one thing I'm 100% sure on. It's the last show before the release and it'll be front an center as the "look at this, bleed your eyeballs and give us the pre-orders" for it. The same way horizon was last year but bigger cause, well let's face it, it's gow, whether people like it or not, it's one of the pillars for Sony

fantasyGG

Oct 28, 2017
I don't expect them to have a lot of new stuffs to show after PGW. Maybe more trailers for their upcoming games? And time for them to show gameplay of the upcoming releases too.