• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Surprised nobody has asked this question before. Here we go!

Favorites
California: Yeah, hate it all you want, but it's still one of the greatest states in the union.
Louisiana: Great people, great food, great music. Extremely underrated natural landscape. Acadiana is one of the most underrated regions in the U.S.. And of course, there's this city on the Mississippi River that you might have heard of, I heard it's one of the most vibrant, coolest, musical, weirdest, and life-affirming places anywhere in the world...
Texas: Four of the most dynamic Metro Areas in the US is a start.
Arizona: Gotta give some love to my home state. Beautiful state, above all else. We're the real wild west state. No other state comes close. We've got Tombstone and Monument Valley FFS.
Washington: Tops for me in terms of beauty. The Western portion of the state is gorgeous.

Least Favorite
Honestly...none of them, really. You can pretty much find something you like about each of them. Yes, even Mississippi.

Last edited:

EmptyWarren

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Best state is Washington state, the worst is Florida. Absolutely fucking terrible goddamn state.

giphy.gif

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Favorites:
  • Hawaii
  • California
  • North Carolina
  • Virginia
  • Washington

Least favorites:
  • Kansas
  • Oklahoma
  • Wisconsin
  • Alabama
  • Florida
Natural beauty and good metro areas define my favorites. Wastelands and terrible people define the bottom five.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
You guys all say that Washington is your favorite but that's because you haven't been to the Eastern part of it.

EmptyWarren

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You guys all say that Washington is your favorite but that's because you haven't been to the Eastern part of it.

You can give it back to Idaho. No one will know. Every time I drive East I get progressively more angry, Until I hit Idaho when an eternal depression hangs until I get back.

Last edited:

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
My favorites: Utah, Arizona, Massachusetts,New York. Mostly due to there natural beauty is unrivaled in the continental 48. NYC is legit the best city in the world.

Least favorite Utah(So sad my home state is a religious run hell hole in terms of politics.) Kansas, Nebraska.(middle of nowhere, conservative.)

These are states I've lived/heavily visited.

electricblue

Oct 27, 2017
Hawaii is great but probably dead last on my list of places to live
Georgia is a good all around state, has a bit of everything
My least favorite is probably Kentucky because i've driven through it hundreds of times and its so boring

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hard to say. Favourite would have to be Michigan by virtue of that being the only state I've ever lived in, least favourite? I can't really say, I haven't had enough experience.

ameleco

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
Favorites:
  • Hawaii
  • California
  • North Carolina
  • Virginia
  • Washington

Least favorites:
  • Kansas
  • Oklahoma
  • Wisconsin
  • Alabama
  • Florida
Natural beauty and good metro areas define my favorites. Wastelands and terrible people define the bottom five.
Agreed with terrible people for Oklahoma. Disagreed with not beautiful. Oklahoma has some gorgeous scenery for sure. You wouldn't think it but by no means is it a wasteland. That said, definitely one of my least favorite because I live here 😂

Deleted member 9972

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't feel like I've seen enough states to know which one is best, but I just wanted to affirm that Ohio is indeed the worst without question.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Aww, why Rhode Island?

Mostly just didn't find anything redeeming about it. But I didn't explore much beyond Providence

Briefly went to college at U Mass Dartmouth and that's where all the kids would go for fun. I wasn't really all that impressed. Kinda felt like more of the same psuedo mini rust belt of south coast Massachusetts. This was about 2003 or so so maybe it's a bit more economically prosperous now? It was just a stark contrast to living somewhere thriving economically like Dallas or Houston or hell even the newish suburbs of St. Louis.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
I want to visit Providence sometimes. Lightning Bolt is from there!