• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
It is not a good film. A couple of the fights are pretty amazing, but you know you're clutching when that is the argument you start to throw out.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
I forgot that Barret went from fighting against a fossil fuel metaphor to embracing actual fossil fuel.

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
Largely incoherent string of flashy action sequences which dials back character development only to awkwardly retread ground already covered by the game itself

Bad sequel, bad movie, bad marketing campaign

Last Order was the only Compilation thing with any narrative integrity (and I thought Crisis Core was fun!)

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017
I went to Venice and saw the premiere, as a FFVII fan it is an ok fan-service movie with a silly story and awful added characters, seeing the old cast was cool. As a movie fan it was a bad movie with shit editing and pacing, Nomura can make great trailers and action sequences, but he's clearly not a movie director. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

PontyfaxJr

Oct 28, 2017
Ireland
When I was 17 I thought it was the coolest shit. Showed it to my girlfriend and to this day, 12 years later, she sometimes says "Dilly dally shilly shally" to mock me.

It's objectively terrible but I still kind of love it.

Druffmaul

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
If there was ever a game with an ending that should have been left alone, it was FFVII. The ambiguity was my favorite thing about it.

FFVII AC delivered some decent eye candy at times, that's about the biggest compliment I can give it.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Always viewed it as pure fan service and the back half being nothing but cool action helped a lot. Loved it at the time. I thought the extra stuff introduced in complete was meh for the most part and breaking up the final fight scene and interrupting one winged angel annoyed me. I'm still a fan.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
It made me appreciate The Spirits Within more.
That's how dumb and pandering this movie was.

Also, scared me away from even giving Crisis Core an honest try until years after its release.
Which is a shame... because Crisis Core was legitimately awesome.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely loved it.

Best videogame movie.