• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

What are your thoughts on the film Kung Pow: Enter the Fist?

Oct 27, 2017
It never rises to the level you think it should. Like, it's a great concept for a comedy, but it just falls so woefully short in its execution. That Matrix parody bit should have never left the writers' room.

Nov 7, 2017
It’s the best, case closed.

The quotes you’ll see in this thread will speak for themselves, but at it’s core, it’s just a really well paced martial arts comedy movie with lots of good jokes.

Any negatives the film has in actual plot or logic is well justified and played with using it’s comedy. I love it, and I continue to be disappointed that a sequel may never come.

Nov 7, 2017
Yes it is amazing.

They go for all the dumbest gags and I love it to death.

Literally the only movie I prefer the Québec french dub of. The actors had so much fun doing it, and it is so faithful to the spirit of the original dub.

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I'm obviously missing something because this movie has always seemed incredibly racist to me? I've never watched it nor do I know the history behind it, but all these clips sound like someone putting on a really bad stereotypical Asian accent? Can someone explain to me why it seems to be so beloved here (there have been like multiple threads about it now)?

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
THis is my best friend's favorite movie of all time...i originally didnt care about it beyond seeing the commercials years and years ago, but he forced me to watch it so many times unfortunately i know all the quotes and have to apply them to when i'm doing things like thinking "I'm coming" when someone is calling for me

I'm obviously missing something because this movie has always seemed incredibly racist to me? I've never watched it nor do I know the history behind it, but all these clips sound like someone putting on a really bad stereotypical Asian accent? Can someone explain to me why it seems to be so beloved here (there have been like multiple threads about it now)?
Its making fun of old kungfu movies and bad dubs, nothing more

Oct 27, 2017
It's extremely dumb humor, but it is humor nonetheless.

If you go into the movie knowing that you're about to see some absolutely ridiculous stuff, it's pretty decent. If you go into the movie expecting some deep plot, you'll be disappointed.

Oct 27, 2017
It is definitely stupid, but also very funny. It is a very specific type of humor so if that is not your thing that is perfectly fine. Give it a try, especially if you have friends to watch it with, and if you don't enjoy it after 15 minutes then that is fine and turn it off.