What are your thoughts on the film Kung Pow: Enter the Fist?

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mmmhmhmmmmhmmmmmmmhmmmmmmm mmmm.... Betty.

🤣🤣🤣

I've seen this movie at least 10 times during my middle school/highschool days.

So stupid which made most of the ridiculous scenes hilarious af.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Its good but i enjoyed Kung Faux more which had a similar theme with the overdubbing old kung fu flicks

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
I saw that on the front page and closed the vid after maybe the 10th nut punch. Maybe 30 seconds in.

I feel safe in assuming there wouldn’t be anything else in the video to change my mind. But I appreciate you!
Totally fair. I’d still say give the movie a watch again just to see, but I have a very “try anything once” personality.

It's completely mindless fun lol

WIII U WII U
It's high art, one of the finest films ever made.
I feel like these two posts taken together perfectly summarize why I love the movie so much.

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017
My friends and I were dying watching this in the movie theater. There were literally people rolling in aisle laughing. I have no idea if it holds up because that was the only time I saw it.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
Pacifica, CA
Great movie. Very quotable. Also, I'd love to see more movies using footage from older movies done in this style. Cool concept.

Lotto

Oct 28, 2017
Earth
after the part with the cow in the beginning, it becomes art

most laughs per minute i've ever experienced in a movie

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I watched it in the theater in my early 20s. My friends and I loved it. The other people not so much. More than a few walked out at intermission LOL

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
You can rent it for pretty cheap. I'd say it's worth watching at least once even if it doesn't seem like it's your type of humor.

BTM

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Watched it back-to-back-to-back in one night at a sleepover with my friend when I was like 10. Classic

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
There's been a lot of talk about this movie lately, what happened?

For me, I actually hated the movie the first time I saw it back in 2003 or whenever it was.
Then I saw it a second time with friends and had a blast. Then we watched it almost weekly for a while, it was always a good time.

I haven't seen it in years, but I suspect it might still need a second viewing or watching with a group to get it.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This was a staple watch of me and my friends. I imagine nostalgia plays a part, but I think it is pretty funny in a schlocky kind of way.

THAT’S A LOT OF NUTS

Oct 25, 2017
I have to refrain from laughing when at times some random scene pops into my mind, and it's been years since I last watched it.
How can a comedy movie that has that sort of effect be anything but brilliant?

Oct 26, 2017
New York
It's so incredibly dumb. Even as a kid Kung Pow was too dumb for me.

Like any movie that stupid, it's hit or miss with the jokes. And the film isn't even consistent with the 70's Kung Fu movie parody theme. That said...

It's funny as fuck lol. So many quotes and just random wtf scenes that you can't help but laugh at most of it.

immortal-joe

Oct 25, 2017
An internet classic that released before internet classics were a thing. A kind of high-effort MST3K.

In my eyes, this was the predecessor to so many dubbing videos and series on YouTube.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
i love it conceptually but the movie as a whole doesnt do it for me. its perfect for youtube where you can just watch the bits you think are funniest