• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017

I've only seen the "that's a lot of nuts" scene (see above). Is the full movie worth watching?

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Is the full movie worth watching?

Short answer: FUCK YEAH IT IS.

Long answer: THAT'LL BE 4 BUCKS, BABY! YOU WANT FRIES WITH THAT?

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never liked it. It's not my type of humor at all.
62c.gif

Mar 30, 2019
I thought it was stupid but at least fun. Then I watched it again years later and appreciated how ridiculous it was a little more. I think rewatches somehow improve it for me.

Oct 25, 2017
I laughed my fucking ass off when I saw it at 11 or 12, so I'm sure the humor has aged horrendously.

That said, this scene pops into my head randomly and I have to stifle laughter on the street.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It never rises to the level you think it should. Like, it's a great concept for a comedy, but it just falls so woefully short in its execution. That Matrix parody bit should have never left the writers' room.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
It's the best, case closed.

The quotes you'll see in this thread will speak for themselves, but at it's core, it's just a really well paced martial arts comedy movie with lots of good jokes.

Any negatives the film has in actual plot or logic is well justified and played with using it's comedy. I love it, and I continue to be disappointed that a sequel may never come.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
It's Stupid and Amazing at the same time, watched it all the time when I was a kid, I love it

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
It never rises to the level you think it should. Like, it's a great concept for a comedy, but it just falls so woefully short in its execution. That Matrix parody bit should have never left the writers' room.

Sadly I bet the Matrix bit was the only reason it ever got funded.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Yes it is amazing.

They go for all the dumbest gags and I love it to death.

Literally the only movie I prefer the Québec french dub of. The actors had so much fun doing it, and it is so faithful to the spirit of the original dub.

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
Awful awful awful. Same terribleness as those rolling lizard(?) company comedies.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
I'm obviously missing something because this movie has always seemed incredibly racist to me? I've never watched it nor do I know the history behind it, but all these clips sound like someone putting on a really bad stereotypical Asian accent? Can someone explain to me why it seems to be so beloved here (there have been like multiple threads about it now)?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
As a kid I didn't get that the sequel bit at the end was, well, a bit. I legit thought they were making a sequel.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
THis is my best friend's favorite movie of all time...i originally didnt care about it beyond seeing the commercials years and years ago, but he forced me to watch it so many times unfortunately i know all the quotes and have to apply them to when i'm doing things like thinking "I'm coming" when someone is calling for me

I'm obviously missing something because this movie has always seemed incredibly racist to me? I've never watched it nor do I know the history behind it, but all these clips sound like someone putting on a really bad stereotypical Asian accent? Can someone explain to me why it seems to be so beloved here (there have been like multiple threads about it now)?

Its making fun of old kungfu movies and bad dubs, nothing more

I_D

Oct 27, 2017
It's extremely dumb humor, but it is humor nonetheless.

If you go into the movie knowing that you're about to see some absolutely ridiculous stuff, it's pretty decent. If you go into the movie expecting some deep plot, you'll be disappointed.

Mugsy

Oct 27, 2017
It is definitely stupid, but also very funny. It is a very specific type of humor so if that is not your thing that is perfectly fine. Give it a try, especially if you have friends to watch it with, and if you don't enjoy it after 15 minutes then that is fine and turn it off.