• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
I made my dad take me to this movie and he just did not get it, but I fell in love. I watched the DVD so much I literally had the entire film memorized front-to-back.

bossmonkey

Avenger
Nov 9, 2017
I've never seen this movie but for some reason feel inclined to support its weird resurgence

however if it's gotta be this or Kung Fu Hustle, I'm team Kung Fu Hustle. They do seem like much different movies though

They're going at the same concept of kung fu parody but in very different ways. They'll both get to Cleveland just one is taking the train and the other via plane.

That being said kung fu hustle is better.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
mmmmm Bird

Birdie

Birdie Birdie
DesertedAnchoredHornedtoad-size_restricted.gif

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking had me crying back the day but watched a few years ago again and hardly laughed.

I don't know what happened

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
This is one of those movies whose lines I'll throw out in crowds or meetings, in hopes that someone will catch it.

If they do, I've made a dear new friend.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's one of the best comedies ever made

The only thing that hasn't aged well was the obvious Matrix parody, but everything else is pretty much timeless

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Kung Pow is comedy genius.

I hated it on first watch. Couldn't breathe from laughing so hard on my second watch. Once it grabs you, it doesn't let go.

Oct 27, 2017
I remember me and my friends renting it, having no idea what kind of movie it was. We were so confused, then it dawned on us. It's awesome.

Oct 26, 2017
I've never seen a movie with so many great quotes. I'm laughing out loud simply scrolling through this thread re-reading them all.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
It's a movie that takes what would be rote, one-off jokes from a weaker episode of MST3K and builds them into complete characters, standing monuments to unrelenting absurdism.

The stuff with the tongue is lame, and the cow fight is kinda weak. Everything else is transcendent.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I was really disappointed after my friend hyped it up so much. But it's a long time too when I saw it, maybe I'd like it more now. Really stupid and juvenile humour can definitely get a chuckle out of me too. But as I remember it right now, I don't think it was good or super funny. The same friend who recommend this to me recommended Big Lebowski as his another all time favorite, which definitely grew on me much better even though after first viewing I was left thinking "that was it?".

Edit: Okay after watching those clips shared in the thread, I probably wouldn't enjoy it more now than when I saw it for the first time over 10 years ago.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I saw it in theaters. I still talk about it to this day, and still make jokes about it with my friends from time to time. After a recent rewatch, it's painfully clear some of the jokes were timepieces (one of the first Matrix parodies I can remember, though), but it's genuinely funny slapstick. I still laugh out loud at the scene with Chosen training to beat Betty by letting a few guys hit him with sticks, and after he's been passed out for a good bit one of them just does a full-on jump slam on his body and it kills me.

Also, from a technical standpoint, I love how the movie was made even if it isn't a modern marvel in the CG aspect. Seems like it was really just fun to make in general.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've never liked it. It's not my type of humor at all.
Strangelove77 has gone too far. This opinions is wrong, and bad. There should be a new stronger word for this opinion, like BadWrong, or Badong. Yes, this opinion is badong!

From this moment on, I will stand for the opposite for this opinion... Gnodab.

jk strangelove77 ❤️

Trejo

Oct 25, 2017
The movie is crass, stupid, juvenile, dated and probably problematic.

It's also a goddamned masterpiece.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's the best stupid shit I've ever seen and convinced me to watch his Thumb movies

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017

In French, he says "I do this all time... I never stop... I never stop... ", one f my favorite line deliveries

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Edit: Okay after watching those clips shared in the thread, I probably wouldn't enjoy it more now than when I saw it for the first time over 10 years ago.
Yeah, I remember thinking the movie was ran-dumb nonsense the first time. If anything, the clips posted only increased my monocle disdain.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Its so dumb. But its so fucking funny. I have a soft spot for it. My friends and I quote it all the time.

Bye bye.