• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
I'd have to try it of course, but looks pretty shit for fighting games. Thank God Xbox One controllers are compatible.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping for it to be more different, just because I like change, but at least the changes they made are all positive. Share button is great, new Dpad looks interesting (have tried the Elite controller so I don't know how it feels), and I'm sure the ergonomics are good.

I only hope that it has a built-in rechargeable battery.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping it's on par with the old Gravis Gamepad Pro, or the Logitech PS2 controller, or even the Saturn Pad. I like circular Dpads when they aren't complete trash.

ZSJ

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 21, 2019
It looks much better than any Nintendo dpad from this gen. I enjoyed the circle dpad on the Elite

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
In 99% of the games I play, the d-pad is "switch weapon" or some tertiary task like that, so I dont really care. As long as it works.

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
The triggers look great and I love the texture, I'm sure they'll feel amazing. The bumpers look a little big... maybe a tad bigger than the buttons on the Xbox One controller?
The d-pad looks iffy, but if its clicky and tactile like the Vita d-pad, it could be amazing.

It looks like a nice iteration of the Xbox One controller. The d-pad is a wait and see.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Xbox sure does have good controllers. I jumped back to Playstation after 360, and I don't see myself returning, but I still love the controllers. Haptic feedback on the triggers for Xbox One feel so good.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Looks fantastic and I love the textured triggers! The dpad looks fine to me and I am hoping for paddles but I am not holding my breath. I can't wait to get one in my hands...

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The rocker pad on the Elite is awesome and this looks to be in that vein, so I think it will be great.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just going to stick with my Elite controller on my PC until it dies. Then probably get an Elite Series Two, feel 0 need for an Xbox Series X conroller.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Its been a solid controller on the Xbox One aside from the bumpers. D-Pad looks better but I'm hoping the sticks have haptic feedback. What is the button in the middle? Looks like an eject button.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Its been a solid controller on the Xbox One aside from the bumpers. D-Pad looks better but I'm hoping the sticks have haptic feedback. What is the button in the middle? Looks like an eject button.
I imagine that's a dedicated share button. I think on Xbox you need to hold the guide button currently to initiate the footage capture.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
A lot people assuming it's exactly the elite d-pad..it could be tweaked to feel better, different resistance/clickyness..who knows.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
A lot people assuming it's exactly the elite d-pad..it could be tweaked to feel better, different resistance/clickyness..who knows.
I'm hoping I can buy that style d-pad for my elite.

I'm curious how much I would like the raised cardinal directions in the disc. I anticipate I'll like it, though (as long as it's still clicky).

Side note: I just heard on the IGN Xbox podcast that these will also be compatible for the Xbox One systems too. I think that's nice it goes both ways. I was able to get a DS4 and XB1 controller pre-launch last gen go'round. Hoping I can get a Scarlett controller early next time too.

thecaseace

May 1, 2018
Dpad is probably an improvement but it definitely needs Gyro, done correctly its the best FPS aiming systemv aside from keyboard and mouse.

civet

Jul 6, 2019
France
What bugs me on the Xbox One controllers is that the d-pad and the LB and RB buttons make click sounds when you use them. It is particulary annoying when you play 2D games and try to move you chacter using the d-pad. Also, my wife could enjoy more silent ABXY buttons because they can be quite loud when you're hammering them quickly. So I'd like to see those two parts improved, not super hopeful tho.

Septy

Prophet of Truth
Nov 29, 2017
United States
Looks exactly like the 360 dpad which people hated for the diagonal control. So for Xbox one it changed to 4 directions and a lot of people still hated it. Looks like we're going back to the 360 design and everyone loves it now. Dpad cant win.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No modern standard controller should ship without gyro, assuming it doesn't have it.

Never been a fan of Microsoft's d-pads, and it appears fairly par for the course.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
Looks exactly like the 360 dpad which people hated for the diagonal control. So for Xbox one it changed to 4 directions and a lot of people still hated it. Looks like we're going back to the 360 design and everyone loves it now. Dpad cant win.
Because decent dpads are more about what's going on underneath rather then what they look like from the outside. Both my favourite (Saturn) and most hated(360) have a disc shape but thier performance in use couldn't be further apart.

We need a hands on to really judge.