• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
UPDATE: My top 10 has changed since I last made this thread. My top 10 as of now is:

10. Okami
9. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
8. Persona 5
7. Bloodborne
6. Kid Icarus Uprising
5. Xenoblade Chronicles
4. Viewtiful Joe
3. God Hand
2. Super Mario Galaxy
1. Bayonetta

I have a more descriptive post about it on post #459. I'll keep my old list here for posterity.

Did this on the old forum so I might as well do it here.

As for me:

maxresdefault.jpg

10. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - The undefeated best 2D platformer of all time. A game that oozes charm and imagination. A glorious artstyle that still holds up today, and a soundtrack that still holds after 20 years.

9. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
- Zelda games can be quite divisive. There really isn't a unanimous decision on a great Zelda game. But the one thing about Wind Waker that very few can argue against is that its the Zelda with the biggest heart.

8. Bloodborne
- I actually purchased a console for this one game, and I don't regret it one bit. There' just something about its combat, its regular moment to moment gameplay and its boss fights that just make this a very difficult title to ignore.

7. Kid Icarus Uprising
- Sakurai's Magnum Opus. With its simple, yet engaging gameplay, its amazing story dialogue, and its almost endless amount of replay value, it was very hard to put this game down.

6. Devil May Cry
- A game that started a genre. While it's gameplay has obviously been surpassed by future games in the genre, one thing that it still has been unmatched in is its encounters. How many games that you come across in that every single enemy encounter feels like a boss fight? I'll tell you the answer: very few.

5. Xenoblade Chronicles
- The greatest RPG of all time. A deep combat system, a complex story, an absolutely incredible soundtrack, and an absolutely engaging world that rewards you for exploring every nook and cranny. Playing this game for the first time is an experience like no other.

4. God Hand
- Shinji Mikami's Magnum Opus. A deep combat system that takes a while to get into, but when it clicks, it flows like poetry. A game that we, as gamers were far too foolish to appreciate its achievements and because of that will never see a creation like this again. One of the greatest tragedies of the medium.

3. Viewtiful Joe
- What does it take for a game to be considered "Viewtiful"? Is it amazing gameplay? Is it unforgettable boss fights? Does it need to ooze style? There is such a game that fits that criteria and that my friends, is Viewtiful Joe.

2. Super Mario Galaxy - Nintendo's greatest game. A true masterpiece in the platformer genre. The game that set the standard for 3D platformers that, to this day, has never been met, not even by its sequel. A game with so much heart and magic that it feels like as if Disney made a video game. Their best soundtrack as well, no question.

1. Bayonetta - A true masterclass in game design. There are very few games that does it all like Bayonetta does. A combat system that is very easy to get into but almost impossible to master. Boss Fights that hit all the right notes in terms of pure challenge and pure epicness. A game that instead of leaving you satisfied after one playthough, it encourages you to keep coming back and rewards you for doing so. A plethora of unlockables that could have been a substantial DLC, but Platinum thought it was fine to just make it all unlockable. A game that just keeps on giving. We do not deserve this game.

And you guys? Please give descriptions so we can avoid this turning into a list thread.

Last edited:

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have a top 10, but I do have a top 5. The top 4 are in a different order depending on the day of the week you ask me, and the 5th never stops being the 5th

Top 4:
Persona 3 Portable (PSP)- The greatest version of the greatest JRPG ever created
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night- The greatest, best-controlling, Metroidvania to have ever existed
Mario's Picross 2- My favorite entry in my favorite Nintendo franchise, Picross. The restriction to nothing larger than 15 x 15 make it more playable than future installments that would go to the 20s, and the fact that all the Mario and Wario Puzzles (ie, everything past the tutorial) consists of 4 15 x 15 puzzles to form a larger image, lets the final images really jump off the screen
Lumines: Puzzle Fusion- The greatest launch game ever. None of the sequels got the soundtrack as good as the original.

and the 5th game
Soul Calibur (DC)- a nearly perfect game. It's great to play casually and at higher levels, it has great single player and multiplayer options, and a killer soundtrack

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
I can do top 5 but top ten would be a mission

5: SSX Tricky: Spent hundreds of hours with it and still want my re-master!
4: Ninja Gaiden Black: To this day the pinnacle of 3D action in my opinion
3: Elder Scrolls Skyrim: My favorite of the Bethesda open worlds
2: Witcher 3 Wild Hunt: It may not have the most beloved combat engine, especially coming from something like a Dragon's Dogma (which I did), but I like it, and everything else is crafted to my taste
1: Metroid Prime: Maybe the only game I'd call perfect, perfect atmosphere, perfect controls, perfect bosses, perfect music, masterpiece

Solid Rooster

Oct 28, 2017
Top 5 for now:

5: Wonderful 101
4: Viewtiful Joe
3: Devil May Cry
2: Resident Evil 2
1: Bayonetta

What can I say, Kamiya make the BEST video games!

;D

Deleted member 4037

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
  1. Persona 5 - Imo the best in the series, pretty much everything is improved
  2. Danganronpa V3 - best cast and most interesting cases
  3. Virtues Last Reward - best decision making in a game imo
  4. Steins;Gate - probably the best story in a VN that I have played
  5. Metal Gear Solid 3 - most well rounded MGS game with some pretty awesome moments
  6. Bloodborne - great combat and locations
  7. Portal 2 - fun puzzle game and funny to boot
  8. Mario 64 - revolutionary platformer, still the king
  9. Catherine - fun puzzles with great themes
  10. Deus Ex Human Revolution - gives different approaches to most things, all around fun
for the sake of not having persona for most of the list, 1 per series

Last edited:

Deleted member 11008

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Persona 3 Portable
Super Metroid
Devil May Cry
Resident Evil 2
Silent Hill 2
Onimusha
Demon's Souls
Persona 2
Mega Man X4
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne

I wish put a EO there, but I am still thinking what's my favorite.

bshock

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Quake
EverQuest
World of Warcraft
Rocket League
Diablo 2
Age of Empires
Starcraft
Civilization IV
Asheron's Call
Call of Duty 2

Syf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Mine gets a bit messy and uncertain outside of the top 5 so I cut off the rest.

1) StarCraft (including 1 and 2 here) - The best gameplay I've ever experienced, deep and rewarding competitive design, great campaigns, fun and varied co-op, loads of custom games in the arcade and UMS. I've been playing SC for years and still come back to it. It's firmly my #1.

2) World of Warcraft - Feel like I don't need to say much here given how huge the game is and has been for over a decade. I've played dozens of MMOs and always come back to WoW. The sheer amount of content and history speaks for itself. I love playing several of the classes and the group content and storytelling are as good as they've ever been in Legion. Greatest MMO there is and I don't think it's close.

3) Metroid Prime - Outstanding adventure from start to finish. Memorable bosses, music, and locations. Thick with atmosphere throughout.

4) DOOM (2016) - This snuck up on me as I wasn't expecting to love it after the previews. But it's classic DOOM level design with some of the most fun gameplay in the genre. Hit all the right notes for a classic DOOM fan in a modern package. This is my favorite singleplayer FPS.

5) Wind Waker - Unparalleled sense of adventure right from Outset Island. Some people dislike the sailing but I adore it. One little boat in a vast ocean to explore. I can only hope Nintendo revisits the idea someday because for me, this is peak Zelda.

Contenders for top 10: Super Metroid, SOMA, Resident Evil Remake, Left 4 Dead, Morrowind, Mass Effect, Diablo 2 & 3, Rogue Squadron 2, Knights of the Old Republic, Half-Life 1 & 2, To the Moon, Ninja Gaiden Black, Golden Sun.

zenspider

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I'm happy to make the distinction between favorite and best.
Submitted for your approval:

1. Splatoon
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Street Fighter III: Third Strike
  4. The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past
  5. Super Mario World
  6. Street Fighter V
  7. Xenoblade Chronicles X
  8. Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
  9. Wario Ware Twisted!
  10. Overwatch
At some point, BotW and Odyssey will factor in this list I'm sure.

J-Rod

Dec 15, 2017
Halo 3
Galaga
Sonic The Hedgehog
Dark Souls
SSX Tricky
Gran Turismo
World Of Warcraft
GTA 3
Metal Gear Solid
Conker's Bad Fur Day

Not in any order. Tough picking only 10.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Silent Hill 2
Dark Souls
NieR: Automata
Castlevania IV
Eternal Darkness
Bloodborne
Demon's Souls
BioShock 2
Metal Gear Solid
Witcher 3

Freddo

Oct 27, 2017
Småland, Sweden
I've played games for almost 4 decades and enjoy all sorts of genres, but good immersive sims are on a class of their own as I never seem to get tired of replaying them. So my top10 is just a lot of those and then a few memorable JRPGs thrown into the mix.

So something like this, in alphabetical order.

Deus Ex
Dishonored
Dishonored 2
Prey
Suikoden II
Suikoden V
System Shock
System Shock 2
Thief: The Dark Project
Thief II: The Metal Age

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
1. The Witcher 3
2. The Last of Us
3. Metal Gear Solid 1
4. Age of Empires 2
5. Red Dead Redemption
6. Uncharted 2
7. Forza Horizon 3
8. Motorstorm Pacific Rift
9. Virtua Tennis 2
10. Lost Odyssey

Bit biased towards newer games since I've probably forgotten a few from my childhood.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
1- Dark Souls 1

No order for the rest

- Bayonetta 1
- Resident Evil 4
- The Last of Us
- Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix
- Final Fantasy X
- Shadow of The Colossus
- Persona 4
- Crash Bandicoot Warped

Those are absolute and for teh tenth game I'm not sure... it could be Okami, Uncharted 2 or Mario galaxy 2...

Blabadon

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Shitty list post, sorry. On phone. Only number one is definite.

Shadow of the Colossus
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Mario and Luigi: SuperStar Saga
Uncharted 4
Dark Souls
Metal Gear Rising Reveangance
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Halo 3
Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
The Last Guardian

Patrick S.

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dune 2
Command & Conquer: Red Alert
UFO: Enemy Unknown
Quake
Gran Turismo 1
Alien Trilogy
Morrowind
The Secret of Monkey Island
Beneath a Steel Sky
GTA 3

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
1.Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
2.Super Mario 3
3.Dark Souls
4.Fallout New Vegas
5.Half-Life
6.Starsiege: Tribes
7.GTA 5
8.Myth the Fallen Lords
9.Super Metroid
10.Maniac Mansion (NES version)

Super damn hard.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Sorry for all the titles. Super indecisive. But felt like mentioning most games that I think I'm very very fond of. Sometimes nostalgia kicking in.

Top 7 for now : uncharted 2/3, the last of us, the Witcher 3, call of duty modern warfare (ps3), infamous 2, assassins creed 2

Honorable mentions: DOOM 2016, Skyrim, God of War 3, Bloodborne, Jak series, Ratchet and clank ps3, MGSV, Donkey Kong, Super Mario bros, Crash bandicoot, horizon zero dawn, red dead redemption, Batman AA/ AK, yakuza 0, destiny

stn

Oct 28, 2017
1. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - GOTY Edition
2. Deus-Ex
3. Ninja Gaiden Black
4. Super Street Fighter II Turbo
5. Perfect Dark
6. WWF No Mercy
7. Resident Evil 4
8. Star Wars: KOTOR
9. Donkey Kong Country
10. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Not 100% sure if this is my final list.

R.Sigma

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
My top 10 is a little too fluid, but I can handle a top 5

5. Mega Man Battle Network 3: I really enjoyed most of the Battle Network series, but I feel 3 had the best character design in the series, as well as the best post game .
4. Pikmin 2: I like the dungeons, and I like having access to the White and Purple Pikmin.
3. Okami: the music, art design, and game play combine together into an excellent package
2. Majora's Mask: I really enjoyed what they were able to pull off with such little time. I love the Masks and all of the small little quests you had to do that fleshed out the world.
1. Yoshi's Island: I'd always enjoy playing this game when I'd stay at my Grandparent's house when I was growing up, and it is always a pleasure to revisit. (also still love the atmosphere of the second phase of the final boss)

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
1. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - GOTY Edition
2. Deus-Ex
3. Ninja Gaiden Black
4. Super Street Fighter II Turbo
5. Perfect Dark
6. WWF No Mercy
7. Resident Evil 4
8. Star Wars: KOTOR
9. Donkey Kong Country
10. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Not 100% sure if this is my final list.
Excellent taste.

Watercolour

Oct 27, 2017
1. Age of Empires - the game of my childhood that got me interested in strategy games and history..
2. Starcraft - same reason as AoE, except for the history factor.
3. Company of Heroes - one of the best WWII strategy games available; unit voice acting on par with DOTA2/Blizzard quality.
4. Rome Total War
5. Resident Evil: Code Veronica - childhood game on the Dreamcast.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
1. Zelda: Majora's Mask
2. Ninja Gaiden Black
3. Zelda BotW
4. Zelda WW
5. Zelda OoT
6. Mario 64
7. Smash Brothers (4 or Melee)
8. Donkey Kong Country 2
9. Mario World
10. Zelda LttP

I really like Zelda.

banefirelord

Dec 18, 2017
Things get a little murky with the ordering past #5, but here it goes.
  1. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: This hasn't aged all that well and suffered from a lot of issues in its heyday (cookie cutter goblin mines, poorly implemented level scaling, really ugly faces and all that), but it'll probably be my favorite 'til the day I die. I didn't start gaming with any real intensity until high school and Oblivion was the gateway drug. Walking out of the sewers and seeing how massive the world was sent literal chills down my spine.
  2. Fallout: New Vegas: A Bethesda-style RPG with real choices and consequences. Basically a dream come true.
  3. Red Dead Redemption: I love the American West and Rockstar captured its mystique, triumphs and tragedy with remarkable aplomb. Also, for being in a medium that so often botches the landing when it comes to storytelling, Red Dead delivered one of the best endings I've seen in fiction, period.
  4. Crusader Kings II: A grand strategy roleplaying politics simulator sandbox game that has generated some of the craziest and most memorable moments in my gaming career. I genuinely think a smarter enemy AI and overhauled UI are all that separate CKII from being the greatest game ever made. It's an astounding thing and there's really nothing else quite like it.
  5. Batman Arkham Asylum: One of the best power fantasies in gaming. Shame about all those diminishing return sequels.
  6. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas: My favorite GTA and that game I've rebought the most. Didn't come to it until nearly a decade after its original release and it somehow managed to hook me like few games ever have.
  7. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: It ain't perfect and I've got a lengthy wishlist of things to fix or add in a sequel, but it's a rare open world that really gives you the sense of truly being in the world, through all its methods of interaction, physics and emergent systems.
  8. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Didn't hit as hard as Oblivion, but still a blast. My most hyped game ever at the time and it didn't disappoint.
  9. Just Cause 2: Comfort food, plain and simple. Just a great dumb time with wacky physics and big explosions. The GOAT podcast game.
  10. Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords: The best match three game ever made. Every sequel pales in comparison.
Honorable mentions include Star Wars Battlefront II (the old one), Civilization III, Assassin's Creed Origins, Grand Theft Auto V, Dragon Age Origins, Portal 2, Age of Empires III, and Europa Universalis IV.

Dec 22, 2017
  1. Zelda: Link's Awakening - Such a classic. No game has spurred my imagination like this one. Perfection.
  2. Super Mario Galaxy - Platforming goodness. Soundtrack is unparalleled. Odyssey couldn't scratch the itch for me--Galaxy set the bar too high.
  3. Earthbound - No game has more charm. The story is enthralling. Never been more scared when I was a kid than fighting Giygas.
  4. Demon's Souls - The best amongst the DS Trilogy and BB. The chilling atmosphere constantly invites me back to play.
  5. Grand Theft Auto III - Fight me if you think San Andreas or Vice City is better.
  6. Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Captures the spirit of adventure like no other game has.
  7. Elder Scrolls: Morrowind - The game that made me switch to PC from Nintendo for a few years b/c I felt Nintendo games were too "kiddy". Simply put, this game made me feel like a badass adult when I was a kid.
  8. Street Fighter Alpha 3 - Best fighting game ever. Best fighting game characters. Best SF soundtrack.
  9. Mario Kart: Double Dash!! - Favorite Mario Kart, favorite racing game. Best tracks, great soundtrack, best power-ups. Never-ending fun with friends.
  10. Super Mario Bros. 3 - Better than Super Mario World by a country mile. Perfect aesthetics. Best 2D platforming.

Last edited:

Steiner

Oct 29, 2017
1. Persona 5
I spend over 100 hours and enjoyed every second of it. Atlus has done an incredible job, to make a game that combines all great elements from previous Personas to create a unique experience with an unmatched sense of style. Phantom Thieves, social critique, corruption and imo the most enjoyable turn based battle system, P5 has it all and so much more.

2. Witcher 3
My first Witcher game. It was so awesome that I read all the books afterwards. The characters, world, lore are unmatched in the genre. Geralt is my favorite character in gaming. CDPR did a fantastic job to capture the feeling and atmosphere of the books. Unfortunately they failed hard for some points in last third of the game, regarding the Wild Hunt.

3. Age of Empires 2
Imo, the best strategy game. It's unfortunate that many people think the game may be dead. It's far from it. It has a very lively online community. Perfect balance of economy, millitary, micro and macro management for a strategy game.

4. Xenoblade Chronicles
Incredible journey with great characters, which suffers from many little shortcomings.

5. Persona 4 Golden
My first Persona. A great game.It's probably the best in the series, when it comes to emulating school life and a bunch of friends. But P5 surpassed it in to many other ways.

6. Pokemon Platin
Imo the best single player Pokemon game.
Even if Sapphire was the game I spend most time with.

7. Mario Galaxy
Just a joy to play. Still the best 3d Mario. With Galaxy 2 of course.

8. Skyrim
The only Bethesda rpg I greatly enjoyed. It's the perfect example for a game that is more than sum of its parts.

9. Persona 3 Portable
Unfortunately pretty uneven in many ways, but it's understandable for being the first(you know it's true) in the series.
Still an amazing game with a great atmosphere.

10. Bloodborne
My favorite souls game. That's on it's own an achievement.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
1. The Last of Us- Before this came out I was in a gaming rut. Then I got to experience master storytelling and gameplay and quickly became my favorite game ever. I still play it once a year and it's still every bit as good.

2. Uncharted 2- One of the few games I've played from start to finish in one sitting. Everything from the amazing set pieces to the story make it one of the greats.

3. Final Fantasy X- One of the if not the greatest love story in any game plus the gameplay was also fun.

4. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim- The greatest open world game ever.

5. Horizon Zero Dawn- The most recent game to be on this list, but everything from the story to the combat was top notch.

6. The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt- Some of the greatest quests in gaming. Everything about this game is a lesson in master class open world design.

7. Xenogears- Along with FF7 the game that made me fall in love with JRPGS.

8. Final Fantasy VII: See above.

9. God of War 2: Greatest game in one of the best series ever.

10. Street Fighter 2: Best fighting game in the best fighting game series.

Oct 28, 2017
Trying to keep it down to 10 games is pretty much impossible, but this is what I'm going with right now. Not the game's that are objectively the best, but the ones that affected me the most.
  1. Final Fantasy VIII
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
  4. Civilization IV
  5. Bloodborne
  6. GTA: Vice City
  7. Tekken 3
  8. Warhawk (PS3)
  9. Binding of Isaac
  10. Resident Evil 2

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
1) Final Fantasy Tactics
2) Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
3) Transistor
4) Resident Evil 2
5) Maniac Mansion
6) The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
7) Demon's Souls
8) Diablo II
9) Halo: Combat Evolved
10) Warhawk (PS3)

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
I like Souls games.

1. Dark Souls
2. Bloodborne
3. Final Fantasy IX
4. Final Fantasy Tactics
5. Dark Souls III
6. Demon's Souls
7. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
8. The Witcher III: Wild Hunt
9. Persona 5
10. Hollow Knight

11. Super Mario Odyssey
12. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
13. Shadow of the Colossus
14. The Witness
15. Ori and the Blind Forest
16. Half-Life 2
17. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
18. Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir
19. Donkey Kong Country 2
20. World of Warcraft
21. Resident Evil HD REmake
22. Portal 2
23. Muramasa Rebirth
24. Alien Isolation
25. Dead Space
26. Dead Space 2
27. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
28. Super Mario 64
29. Super Mario Galaxy
30. Super Mario Galaxy 2
31. Dragon's Crown
32. IA/VT Colorful
33. Banjo-Kazooie
34. Final Fantasy VII
35. Metroid Prime
36. Silent Hill 3
37. Super Mario World
38. Persona 4 Golden
39. Chrono Trigger
40. Dark Souls II
41. Super Monkey Ball
42. Diablo II
43. Disgaea
44. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time
45. Mega Man X2
46. Super Metroid
47. Super Mario Bros. 3
48. Silent Hill 2
49. Donkey Kong Country
50. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Deleted member 14002

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No particular order:
  • Chrono Trigger
  • MGS3
  • Yoshi's island
  • Gunstar Heroes
  • Persona 4 Golden
  • Super Mario RPG
  • Donkey Kong Country 2
  • Megaman Zero 4
  • Super Mario Bros 3
  • Kirby Super Star
I like Souls games.

1. Dark Souls
2. Bloodborne
3. Final Fantasy IX
4. Final Fantasy Tactics
5. Dark Souls III
6. Demon's Souls
7. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
8. The Witcher III: Wild Hunt
9. Persona 5
10. Hollow Knight

11. Super Mario Odyssey
12. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
13. Shadow of the Colossus
14. The Witness
15. Ori and the Blind Forest
16. Half-Life 2
17. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
18. Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir
19. Donkey Kong Country 2
20. World of Warcraft
21. Resident Evil HD REmake
22. Portal 2
23. Muramasa Rebirth
24. Alien Isolation
25. Dead Space
26. Dead Space 2
27. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
28. Super Mario 64
29. Super Mario Galaxy
30. Super Mario Galaxy 2
31. Dragon's Crown
32. IA/VT Colorful
33. Banjo-Kazooie
34. Final Fantasy VII
35. Metroid Prime
36. Silent Hill 3
37. Super Mario World
38. Persona 4 Golden
39. Chrono Trigger
40. Dark Souls II
41. Super Monkey Ball
42. Diablo II
43. Disgaea
44. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time
45. Mega Man X2
46. Super Metroid
47. Super Mario Bros. 3
48. Silent Hill 2
49. Donkey Kong Country
50. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

That's a good list.

I cant't choose just 10. I'm too old.

I was in the same boat. I just picked 10 I really liked/were in the right place at the right time.

Deleted member 32615

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Choosing 10 is pretty hard, but I have a few that could be there

• Super Mario Odyssey
  • Street Fighter 3: Third Strike (The Greatest Game of all time)
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
  • Counter Strike: Global Offensive (I've wasted too much time on this for it to not be here)
  • Project M

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
1) Fallout New Vegas
2) Horizon Zero Dawn
3) Final Fantasy VII
4) Fallout 2
5) Fallout 4
6) Fallout 3
7) Skyrim
8) Microsoft Flight Sim
9) Breath of Fire IV
10) Wasteland 2

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
I like to think about this question like this: "If you had total amnesia what games would you recommend to yourself?"

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Here are mine in no order, save for the first two:

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - My favorite game of all time got even better with a remake that made certain improvements to make the game less challenging (more item slots at once as well as making the Iron Boots an item to equip instead of something you had to take on and off in a menu). The visuals are greatly enhanced, and the Master Quest was a fun adventure as well. I love this game so much. Now I can play it with a better frame-rate!

Super Mario Galaxy - This is my favorite 3D Mario game. The sense of wonder of exploring planets and planetoids in the various galaxies is incredible. The possibilities the gravity mechanic provided allowed the level designers to come up with some of the most creative and imaginative platforming challenges ever in a Mario game. While Super Mario Galaxy 2 was a more challenging game, I prefer the original Galaxy for just how much it wowed me.

Banjo-Kazooie - I am one of the people who prefer Banjo-Kazooie over Super Mario 64. I liked learning new moves, exploring expansive levels, not getting kicked out of levels after acquiring each Power Star equivalent (the Jiggies), the personality and humor throughout the game, the goofy characters, and the responsive controls all wrapped up in a nice googly-eyed package. I especially like the XBLA version because you don't have to collect all of the notes in a level after dying, making the engine room in Rusty Bucket Bay less of a heartbreaking area in the game.

Perfect Dark (XBLA) - Several improvements made Perfect Dark an enhancement over the Nintendo 64 original, including the better frame-rate. I adored going through the campaign, starting out slow in Agent, learning how to play the game, and then somehow getting skilled enough to beat all of the missions in Perfect Agent mode. Multiplayer saw my brother and I playing with bots across the numerous engaging arenas with plenty of interesting chokepoints and sniper spots, building our own playlists with custom-selected weapons, bots, and modes, and for me, getting all the way down to level 2 with my character. I just loved playing PD so much that it was a natural occurrence.

Super Mario World - So many levels, so many exits, and a difficulty that I felt was perfect in the amount of challenge it presented (particularly if you didn't just use the Feather and the resulting Cape power-up to just fly over entire levels), Super Mario World is my favorite 2D Mario game. It offers a lot of interesting platforming, stellar level design, memorable Mario themes that are still used to this day, and a lot of replay value through all of the secret exits in levels, opening up new paths and areas to the game.

Mega Man X - X was my first Mega Man experience, and it blew me away. It was quite hard for me as a kid, but I routinely got better, found the locations of subtanks and heart tanks thanks to Nintendo Power, and I eventually powered through and beat Sigma's second form. Since then, I am still blown away by the game, and now that I'm older, I can see just how fluid and awesome X's mobility truly is. It's genius how a simple change to the formula did wonders, and I found it hard to go back to the Classic games because of how much I enjoyed the first Mega Man X. I would also go to love X2, X3, X4 (especially X4), X5, and X8.

Resident Evil 4 - The best paced game I've ever played. Just a thrill ride from the very beginning, and my favorite third-person shooter ever. This game got me into the Resident Evil series, and I'm happy it did. The great one-liners, the intense action, the foreboding and disturbing environments, satisfying gunplay, and more.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - As a big Nintendo fan, this game was a love letter to me and millions of others. The character roster and stage selection were fantastic, I loved each character's moveset, and I had so much fun even without ever spending time online.

Metroid Prime - Like Resident Evil 4, this was my first introduction to the Metroid series with Metroid Prime. Absolutely floored at how the game turned out, especially after not knowing what to expect from a team with little celebrity to their name. The world's atmospheric, beautiful, and mysterious, and the taking of 2D Metroid gameplay and transitioning it to 3D was expertly done.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - My new go-to 2D Zelda that pulled up a rank just over A Link to the Past. Terrific experience and the wall-merge mechanic is brilliant.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I feel like mine changes a bit due to being a little more open to modern games being considered classics already.

I also want to post 2 different Top 10s because I feel it appropriate. My Top 10 Games of all Time plus My Top 10 Most Replayable Games of all time. I say that because there are games I consider to be all time favourites but once I've beat them would not go back. But then there's other games that I may not consider as good as those in the Top 10, but I continue to go back to them to this very day.

Top 10 of all Time (order is not air tight):

1) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
2) Halo CE
3) God of War
4) Daytona USA
5) Titanfall
6) Rocket League
7) Street Fighter 2
8) Sonic The Hedgehog
9) Mario Kart 64
10) Super Mario Odyssey

Top 10 Most Replayable Games of All Time:

1) Super Punch Out
2) Streets of Rage 2
3) Rocket League
4) Sonic The Hedgehog
5) Donkey Kong Country
6) Daytona USA
7) Street Fighter 2
8) NBA Street Vol. 2
9) Wii Sports
10) Titanfall (assuming it still had an online population or bots)

newtonlod

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
  1. The Legend of Dragoon
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Wild Arms 3
  4. Xenogears
  5. Final Fantasy Tactics
  6. Silent Hill
  7. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
  8. Shadow Hearts: Covenant
  9. Crash Bandicoot: Warped
  10. Demon's Souls

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome taste, OP! I always enjoy reading people's top ten lists. It's fascinating to see what really resonates for people.

The only two I can quite comfortably put in numerical order are:

1. Fallout: New Vegas
2. Shadow of the Colossus

But FFVII/FFXII/The Last Guardian/Demon's Souls/Bayonetta/Wind Waker/NieR (Gestalt)/Bioshock/Devil May Cry 3/Kingdom Hearts 1/God of War 2/Mass Effect 1 all kind of exist in some kind of order after it. And yes, it's over ten, but it's like picking children! Precious gaming children. Children made of... polygons?

I'll have to sit on it for awhile, but Night in the Woods might end up in there as well. It ended up being an extremely memorable experience for me.

The most controversial of favs: Dragon Age II. Flawed as fuck and needed so much more dev time, but it really scratched a unique itch. I loved the party members having their own lives, relationships, and character development outside of the protagonist, and how having the right party member would affect and change a mission.

RoyalJCC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1. Halo Combat Evolved
2. The Last Of Us
3. Halo 2
4. Halo Reach
5. Halo 3
6. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
7. Metroid Prime
8. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
9. Deus Ex Human Revolution
10. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

This is what I just remembered. Basically this list just represents the most memorable.

Oct 27, 2017
Pokemon blue
Halo 3/5
Skyrim
Elder scrolls online
Pokemon snap
Super Mario Bros advanced
Super smash Bros melee
Titanfall
Tales from the borderlands
Borderlands 2

HiroTSK5

One Winged Slayer
Nov 4, 2017
10. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
9. Metroid Prime
8. Super Mario Galaxy
7. Final Fntasy IV
6. Xenoblade Chronicles
5. The World Ends With You
4. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
3. NieR: Automata
2. Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
1. Tales of Symphonia

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
Might be some games I'm forgetting, but this is the first pass...
  1. Final Fantasy VII - My first 'real' RPG and it blew my mind. I knew I needed a PS1 and I still love it today.
  2. Team Fortress 2 - Most played game of all time. I kept coming back over like 10 years.
  3. Dark Souls - My favourite Souls world.
  4. Personal 4 Golden - Hate the combat/dungeons but the visual novel stuff won me over so hard.
  5. Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec - I miss this style of GT game.
  6. Quake Live/Quake 3 Arena - extremely satisfying when you pull out a clutch moment.
  7. Rocket League - a lot more depth than I initially took it for.
  8. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - love how open the world is, and how many secrets there are.
  9. Team Fortress Classic
  10. Virtual Fighter 4: Evolution - probably my favourite fighting game (or VF5 or FS or whatever it is).

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
1. Bloodborne
2. Fallout New Vegas
3. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
4. Dark Souls
5. Red Dead Redemption
6. Fallout 2
7. Bioshock
8. Halo 3
9. Metroid Zero Mission
10. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

I'm all about them RPGs and rooty toot shootermans. The tenth game tends to change between Morrowind, Dead Space, Killing Floor, and Mass Effect every now and then though.

Oct 28, 2017
1. Silent Hill 2
2. Red Dead Redemption
3. Dark Souls
4. Resident Evil 4
5. Bloodborne
6. Undertale
7. The Last of Us
8. The Binding of Isaac
9. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
10. Street Fighter V

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Not in a particular order:

Red Dead Redemption
Gran Turismo
Zelda Botw
Metal Gear Solid 3
Bloodborne
Chrono Trigger
Uncharted 2
Kotor
Half Life 2
The Witcher 3

Maybe P5 will get in this list. I haven't finished it yet.

Oct 25, 2017
You said twenty right?

1. Super Mario Bros 1
2. Tetris
3. Super Mario Galaxy
4. Street Fighter II
5. River City Ransom
6. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
7. PaRappa The Rapper
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. Megaman 3
10. Pokemon Silver/Gold