• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RennerSage

Banned for having an alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I will be making a series out of this, the question will always be what your top 3 movies are, and they won't just be limited to the 21st century.

What are your top 3 greatest action films of all time

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Been a lotta lists lately...

Idk if I can do just 3 but T2, Predator, and Die Hard are probably the holy trinity. Id add The Raid (1 or 2) to that.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Terminator 2
Awesome movie and one on the first Arnold movies i saw as a kid it was pure awesomeness. A robot arnold protecting a kids life against a even stronger robot.

Die Hard the one with the german bad guy.
My real name is Bruce and i am named after Bruce Willis, saw this movie as a kid and it was awesome as heck. I don't mind my parents named me after him he is a fantastic actor and i love the Die Hard movies but that one is my favorite.

Rambo 1
Also saw this as a kid and that was just a pure awesome action movie Stallone was the perfect cast for that movie. Lets be honest this is one of the most manly action movies there is. The first one is my favorite but honestly they all are epic imo.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
1. Mad Max: Fury Road
2. T2
3. The Raid

Runners up:
The Matrix, Predator, Die Hard, First Blood

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Terminator 2
The Daddy, in every sense. It's the best action film in the pure sense of capturing the kinetic feeling of action, but it's also a step above its peers in telling a meaningful story and telling it well. It's not a masterpiece or anything, but it is the best action film ever made.

The Matrix
For a certainly generation, Star Wars was 'their' film, for another, Indiana Jones, for my generation, I feel like The Matrix was that film. I say that, to indicate I may not be really objective about this film, it has a lot of nostalgic weight to me. It is so so good though.

Die Hard
The best protagonist in any action film, and the best antagonist. Should have been left well alone, the sequels are all terrible.

Last edited:

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Predator, The Road Warrior and John Wick (seriously) are my 3 favorites.

Predator, T2 and Die Hard I agree are probably the closest to an "objective" top 3.

Lurcharound

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Three? No can do.

Terminator 2
Die Hard
Aliens
Predator
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Hard Boiled
Mad Max 2 & Fury Road

Deleted member 10612

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1. Predator (imo, no other action movie has that kind of god tier pacing/flow)
2. Terminator 2
3. Die Hard/ Rambo

I don't consider Matrix to be an action movie in the same way that Predator etc is, its science fiction to me, especially the first (and only good one).

Last edited:

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry I can't list a top 3... I'm gonna mention what comes to my mind since I love them all equally:

The Raid, Mad Max Fury Road, Predator, Aliens (2), John Wick, Kingsman, Kill Bill.

I've watched A LOT of *action movies and these are easily the GOAT imo.

Code Artisan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's really hard to only pick three but this one is definitively one of my favorites.

mv5bmje0ntyxodc3ml5bmqesvt.jpg
a4j300hjkntnwjcpz6edu1sm6.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104684/

My favorite scene is when the mailbox explode. The movie inspired a game: Stranglehold (77 on metacritics)

Status
Not open for further replies.