• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How much games do you have on switch that you consider very good games?

• Less than 10 games

Votes: 200 42.2%
  • Between 10 and 20 games

Votes: 149 31.4%
  • Between 20 and 30 games

Votes: 62 13.1%
  • More than 30 games

Votes: 52 11.0%
  • I don't have a switch

Votes: 11 2.3%

• Total voters

BDGAME

Oct 27, 2017
Brasília
Switch is out for 2 years and they say that we switch owners are hungry for games! If that is really true, we can make a nice list of our favorite games and telling why we like them so much. Let's start?

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the wild - that is my game of the generation, followed by Horizon zero dawn.
  2. Super Mario Odsey - it started a little slow, but after get rhythm, it growths and became one of the best Mario games ever.
  3. Donkey Kong Tropical freeze - one of the best platform games of all time. A must play for this gender's fans.
  4. Splatoon 2 - over 300 hours on multiplayer alone, but I don't like the story mode.
  5. Yuko's island Xpress - castlevania meets pimball with nice visuals and music. I had more fun playing it than Ori.
  6. Snipperclips - a really fun to play multiplayer puzzle game.
  7. Shantae Half genie hero - I love this franchise and that is one of the best games of then.
  8. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - the best Mario Kart ever and a amazing update from the Wii U version.
  9. Golf Story - a really good RPG, but a dated golf game. It's worth for the fun story mode.
  10. Hollow Knight - only in the very beginning, that's why it is so low in my top. But I believe it will up a lot after I play more of it.
Obs: I never played Death Cells, Celeste, Xenoblade 2 and Octopath. Someday I will buy these games and hope for them enter on my top.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
1. Breath of the Wild - MASTAPEECE
2. Super Mario Odyssey - MASTAPEECE
3. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - MASTAPEECE
4. Sonic Mania - MASTAPEECE
5. Hollow Knight

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
BOTW, Odyssey, Monster Boy, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (and Torna, which is arguably better than the base game), Mario + Rabbids, Celeste, Yoku's Island Express, Snake Pass, and Deltarune. Some aren't exclusive, but they're my favorites of the games I've finished.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Xenoblade 2 sits comfortably at the top and I doubt it will ever change. It's just that good.
Second place probably Celeste, but I still have to finish all the content it has to offer. Mario Kart and Splatoon share the third place, both really amazing games.
I need to go back to Hollow Knight to properly judge it.

Apr 24, 2018
1. Hollow Knight - phenomenal Metroidvania, leaving you with a sense of accomplishment and relief when beating bosses
2. Xenoblade Chronicles II - A JRPG that has some clear western design influences; flaws here and there, but still a compelling and lengthy game
3. Overcooked (assuming it runs similar to its console counterparts, I played on Xbox One) - Multiplayer madness
4. Dead Cells - A relatively accessible and enjoyable rogue-lite game with fast and fluid combat. Reminds me a bit of old school Prince of Persia mixed with Castlevania.
V. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Proof positive that Nintendo can have decent online offerings for great games.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
A lot of obvious 1st party games; Mario Kart, Odyssey, BOTW, Xenoblade, etc.
Hollow Knight for sure, Celeste, the Steamworld Games, Puyo Puyo Tetris, the Picross games...

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
1. Dark Souls for Switch

One of the best games ever made, now portable. Even with its issues compared to other ports, this game is a must buy.

2. Smash Ultimate

Finally another smash game thst rewards aggression and strong punish game! A full cast with an interesting competitive meta and more viable stages. Totally great.

3. Mario + Rabbids

XCOM meets Nintendo and Ubisoft in a quirky but surprisingly deep and well made tactics game. People slept on this title hard but it is shockingly good.

Those are the only three switch games I really felt have been 'must buys' so far. Breath of the Wild was a great Wii U game, and Mario Odyssey was good, but I don't really feel like they're as essential as a lot of people claim.

Plus, the thing is a port machine, so if you care about portability for other games that might be good on other systems you might want to give them a look as well. I don't have any strong opinions for this outside of dark souls, but I'm sure there will be a lot of mentions of Celeste and Hollow Knight here, and they are both great games as well.

Jul 20, 2018
1. Dark Souls Remastered (not specifically because of this version, it's just my favorite game on thr Switch)
2. Hollow Knight
3. Super Mario Bros. 3
4. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
5. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Don't have time to explain why right now.

Deleted member 8784

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
More than 30 games? The things only been out for two years, how do you own more than 30 games full stop, let alone 'very good' ones?

I own around 7 games, probably 5 of which I'd say were very good. The Crash and Mario U remasters weren't bad, but they weren't as fantastic as I'd have liked either.

Edit: My list of very goods are...
1. Mario Odyssey
2. Hyper Light Drifter
3. DK Tropical Freeze
4. Breath of the Wild (very good, but nowhere as good as everyone says it is).
5. Mario Kart Deluxe

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
BOTW is a masterpiece.

I also enjoyed Celeste, Smash and Bayonetta 2 a lot. Aside from that, my Switch has been collecting dust.

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
30+ off of indies alone. Baba is You, Celeste, Hollow Knight, Dead Cells, Golf Storm. There are a metric ton of great games on the Switch.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I'm in this awkward position where I'm still a bit sore over the Wii U.

To begin, wipe out all the Wii U to Switch ports. Mario Kart, NSMBU, Captain Toad, DKCTF, etc. Not interested in any of those as I own 'em already.

Breath of the Wild was a great experience, but I would have much preferred that the game had retained its Gamepad functionality in the Wii U release instead of being stripped out for parity.

Splatoon 2 is a good time, but the lack of Gamepad functionality is sorely missed. Once you got used to glancing down for on-the-fly info it became second nature.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is fine, but it just feels way too soon after the Wii U & 3DS releases and unfortunately feels like an iteration of those games instead of a wholly new product.

Super Mario Odyssey was enjoyable, but it felt really padded and a bit too open and empty in points. Super Mario 3D World is still the king of 3D Platformers.

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle was amazing though, and is easily the best game on the platform.

At this point I'm itching the most for Mario Kart 9. We're roughly two months away from the five-year anniversary of Mario Kart 8's release and waiting for a new entry is tortuous.

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes is my favourite game on the Switch by a large margin. Can't wait to see what Suda and GhM got cooking up for us @ E3.

suda_0kker.gif

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Great games on Switch:

1. Celeste - top 10 game of all time
2. Hollow Knight - maybe the best Metroidvania ever
3. Smash Bros Ultimate - maybe the best Smash Bros ever
4. Mario Odyssey - not the best Mario game but still very satisfying
5. Breath of the Wild - not the best Zelda game but it was still a unique experience that I'm glad I experienced

Captain Toad, Into the Breach, Yoku's Island Express are pretty good too. And as far as ports I think that Bayonetta 1&2, Tropical Freeze, Doom, Dark Souls, and Mario Kart 8 are great buys if you haven't played them before.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mario
Mario Kart
Zelda
Bayonetta
Baba is You
Xenoblade
Katamari
Smash
The Missing
Tropical Freeze

Oct 27, 2017
For me it's probably

1. Zelda
2. Odyssey
3. Splatoon
4. Stardew
5. Mario + Rabbids

And also really liked Golf Story, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Hollie Knight, Pokémon Lets Go and others.

Probably own 10 or so physical and dozens more digital

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More than 30 games? The things only been out for two years, how do you own more than 30 games full stop, let alone 'very good' ones?

I own around 7 games, probably 5 of which I'd say were very good. The Crash and Mario U remasters weren't bad, but they weren't as fantastic as I'd have liked either.
With digital/retail, I own around 150 games. I fully completed around 40 of them and don't normally do that unless it's something I really enjoy.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Less than 10 games. I'm starving for more appeasing content on the Switch.

1. Breath of the Wild - Re-instated faith in Zelda after hating Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword
2. Mario Odyssey - Pretty good Mario
3. Smash Bros. Ultimate - Just what the Switch needed to shoot life into it last year.

That's it. To be fair, it is more of a complimentary system for me, but that's too little.

Last edited:

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Under 10, but that's okay with me. As someone who hasn't owned a Nintendo console since Gamecube, it was worth Zelda, Odyssey, Splatoon and Donkey Kong alone.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I only have 5 games total....one is a port with mk8d...so
1.Mario odyssey
2.splatoon2
3.Smash
4.BOTW

Can't objectively rank mk8 since I played so much of it on the wii u already.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
1. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
2. Sushi Striker
3. Octopath Traveler
4. Disgaea 5
5. South Park: Fractured but Whole
6. Cat Quest

end of list

They're all fun and great games, I recommend them all.

I also have TWEWY, but haven't started it yet (but the DS version is kinda my favorite game ever so).

I also had Mario + Rabbids and Star Story: Horizon Escape. The former made me realize I really need an experience system in my strategy games, and without one, I just didn't find myself enjoying it that much. That said, I could still tell it was a very well-made game. Just not for me. The latter is an okay game, but it's super text heavy and the translators clearly did not have a firm grasp on English grammar. Just got to be too much for me.

Last edited:

Deleted member 7572

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Top 10 retail:
Zelda: BOTW
Mario Odyssey
Bayonetta 1/2
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Octopath Traveler
Tales of Vesperia
Travis Strikes Again: NMH
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Civilization 6
Arms

Digital:
Pato Box
Hollow Knight
Celeste
Hard West
Ikaruga
Final Fantasy IX
Wargroove
Tetris 99
Okami
West of Loathing

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

As of February 11th, the Switch had 1,868 games and a poster did some research at the time and found that--
61 Switch games have a Metacritic score of 85 or higher

215 Switch games have a score of 79 or above.

506 Switch games have a score of 70 or above.

Deleted member 7572

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm seriously glad you're enjoying it, but you are one crazy guy. That's a helluva lot of games you've got there.
I worked a desk job for the last 8 years that had a ton of down time. Some days, I could spend upwards of 8 hours just sitting at my desk playing games.

You should see my DS/3DS play log. 😂

Jan 11, 2018
None so far, not counting ports. A lot of good games, but nothing I would consder great (though games like Odyssey and Travis came close at times). Hoping Yoshi will change that though!

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is the only game I'd consider really good that I own. Diablo 3 is okay on switch.

Mario and Zelda were just flat out disappointing for me personally.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
So... let's try this. This is my list of great games. I know that we don't want list threads so if anyone wants more info on how any of them play, why they are on my list etc just reply and I will try to answer. I made it to 29 games that I've played and loved. There are a few more that didn't quite make the list. So yeah 2 years in and it's fast becoming my favourite console ever made.

BOTW
Mario Odyssey
Mario Kart 8
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
Bayonetta 1+ 2
Overcooked 1+2
Smash
Captain Toad
Splatoon 2
Let's go Pikachu
Celeste
Lovers in a dangerous spacetime
Stardew Valley
Minecraft
Rocket League
Snipperclips
Dragon Quest builders
Kirby Star Allies
LABO variety kit
Civilisation 6
Sushi Striker
Golf story
Arms
Super Mario Party
Mario Rabbids
Sonic Mania
Tetris 99

Timeaisis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, Hollow Knight and Tetris 99.

Love the Wii U ports too but not really counting them. Smash Ultimate is good too.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Have had the Switch since June 2018. Got exactly 20 games on it and have finished 15 of them (finished Fire Emblem Warriors right before this post). My favorites are:
  1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (+Torna)
  3. Octopath Traveler
  4. Valkyria Chronicles 4
  5. Okami HD
What I love the most about Switch is, of course, the portability. Playing games like Diablo 3, BotW and XC2 in portable mode never ceases to amaze me.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
I think that I surpassed this month the mark of 200 games purchased on the system, so more than 30 essential games for me is my answer.

Zool

Oct 28, 2017
I love:
Zelda botw
Captain Toad
Mariokart 8
Donkey Kong TF

Like: most WiiU ports

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
The games I've owned on Switch that I truly consider good:

Zelda: BotW
Super Mario Odyssey
Bayonetta 1 & 2
Xenoblade 2 (+Torna DLC)
DOOM
Celeste
Mario Kart 8
Smash Ultimate
Dark Souls

I would also put Tropical Freeze on a list of good Switch games, even though I didn't actually own it on Switch (I owned it on Wii U).

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Probably between 10 and 20 for me and that's not counting stuff like DK: TF that I bought on Wii U and not switch

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
Games I'd consider great:

1. Breath of the Wild
2. Mario Odyssey
3. Splatoon 2
4. Mario Kart 8D
5. Puyo Puyo Tetris
6. Tetris 99
7. Celeste
8. Shovel Knight
9. Hollow Knight
10. Stardew Valley
11. Undertale
12. Octopath Traveler
13. Bayonetta
14. Bayonetta 2
15. Binding of isaac
16. Golf Story
17. Thimbleweed Park
18. Minit
19. Night in the Woods
20. West of Loathing
21. Yokus Island Express
22. Wonderboy
23. Gris
24. The Gardens Between
25. Into the Breach
26. Rayman Legends
27. DK Tropical Freeze
28. Captain Toad
29. Smash Bros Ultimate
30. Splasher
31. Dead Cells
32. Bastion
33. Transistor
34. The Lions Song
35. Wandersong
36. Picross S
37. Picross S2
38. Jackbox Party Pack
39. Jackbox Party Pack 3
40. Jackbox Party Pack 5
41. Baba is You
42. Wargroove
43. Toki Tori 2
44. Steamworld Dig 2
45. Moonlighter
46. Mario and Rabbids

And probably a few dozen more that I consider good to very good.

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
Have owned the Switch since February 2018.

Own 31 games on it, of which I'd say 9 are very good (I'd rate them higher than a 8.5):

BotW
Bayonetta 2
SteamWorld Dig 2
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Stardew Valley
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA
Dead Cells
Bastion
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna - The Golden Country

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't own super much, but the ones I have about 8 are legit amazing games. The rest are just really good and just good.

Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes is my favourite game on the Switch by a large margin. Can't wait to see what Suda and GhM got cooking up for us @ E3.

suda_0kker.gif

Hopefully soon!