• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
Bug infested areas, which usually happen to be caves.

Xenoblade X in particular made it hard to enjoy caves when you had spiders and insects screeching at you every two seconds.

same. I know the game is full of bugs but Hollow Knight's Deepnest is on a whole other level. Fuck that place. Never again.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Snow. Snow is wayyyy too depressing. I hate how Borderlands 2 starts in it and is always around for like the first half . It's just so.....it brings me down

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lava/Desert areas tend to be dull. It's all dry and generally lifeless.
Lava zones also having a chance of dealing with puddles of instant death. And that red glow they got going on. I don't like it

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
I think it's all about execution. I liked surfing on the desert in Nier Automata and the music was absurdly grand, as Nier Automata tends to be.

The snow areas in Xenoblade and Xenoblade 2 had a grand sense of verticality and being able to travel to that tall mountain/ruin in the distance.

... uh. I have no defense for sewers. I suppose the first time through the future sewers in Chrono Trigger had a bunch of cute SNES gimmicks. The save point making a sound to alert enemies was pretty wicked.

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
Poison areas aren't usually that enjoyable. Just replayed Farron Keep in Dark Souls 3 and the poison status isn't that bad, but it's just kind of a nuisance.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've never been one for medieval fantasy settings. Probably why Elder Scrolls doesn't do much for me, or why I prefer Bloodborne over Souls.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Stressful under water environments. If you're going to limit my mobility and control options, then just let me swim peacefully. I don't know why sooo many games made it a point to make the water levels some of the most stressful parts when the environment SHOULD clearly elicit peace and calm.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't like sewers generally. They're such an uninteresting and overdone environment. I also don't generally like poisonous swamps, or any shallow watery area which limits your movement.

I like snowy areas though, and I usually like underwater areas too. I wish move levels would try to replicate 40 Fathoms from Tomb Raider 2, where you felt really isolated and pressurised (pun not intended). It was an incredibly tense and unsettling level.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Dark dungeons/sewers/caverns. They're usually just uninteresting to navigate and explore.

That and 'dreamscapes' or dreamlike sequences & environments.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I don't think this one has been mentioned yet, but

Being inside something (or someone). As in inside their guts.

Like being in the riftworm in Gears 2
Gears2_Riftworm.jpg

giphy.gif

nasty ass shit

The only exception I'll make is Bowser's Inside Story because that game is amazing and hilarious. Plus it's stylized so much that it's not disgusting-looking.

Corrupt

Oct 31, 2017
I hate marketplaces. The ones in Dreamfall, Uncharted 3, or rpgs where there's a big line of stalls. I don't know why, but I hate it.

Necromorph

Oct 30, 2017
Snow, except on RDR2, factory/industrial areas (that's why i can deal with games like The Surge) and generic caves.