• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
So when the trailer for Welcome to Marween came out I was hooked immediately. My girlfriend begrudgingly went to see it with me in theaters and I absolutely loved it. She didn't like it at all and actually fell asleep through part of it but I was on board the whole way through. It's weird to explain, but I got a soft spot for grown adults who haven't mentally "grew" up and kind of find happiness in their own childish view of the world. Think like Lennie from Of Mice and Men. I really like those characters, they are really endearing to me. So I really liked Steve Carrel's performance of Mark Hogancamp.

So after all this and enjoying the movie I was completely flabbergasted seeing how panned this movie was. I can't believe people hated and how many critics and theater goers considered it a bad movie. Anybody else had the same situation with them? Well here's the floor to speak your peace on a "bad" movie that you legimatally enjoyed.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Revenge of the Sith

The other two prequels are just genuinely bad with few interesting or redeeming elements but ROTS is so memey and hilariously stupid that it's fun to watch.

I was also going to say the Matrix and Pirates sequels (2 and 3) but I'd honestly dispute whether those are genuinely "bad" to begin with.

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
Van Helsing

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

And I don't think many people consider them "bad" necessarily, but I think I have more love for Treasure Planet and Atlantis than I do a lot of other, better Disney movies

Last edited:

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
sM7D2Cd.jpg

Fleck0

Oct 25, 2017
I've defended The Cable Guy since 1996 though it seems like in the last half-decade or so society is finally coming around

Dec 22, 2018
Demolition Man and Freddy Got Fingered. Don't ask me to to try and justify my love for these movies; it is what it is.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
The Mortal Kombat movie according to everyone else. I have watched it a thousand times and use so many quotes from the movie.

Can't say the same about annihilation thou...

Oct 26, 2017
Van Helsing

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

And I don't think many people consider them "bad" necessarily, but I think I have more love for Treasure Planet and Atlantis than I do a lot of other, better Disney movies
Hell yes to Van Helsing. Might be my favorite Dracula, on top of a killer score.

Never mind. That was stupid of me to even question. It's absolutely my favorite on-screen Dracula. Such a fun, hammy movie.

nevercomehome

Oct 25, 2017
Godzilla: KOTM apparently since I heard a lot of people disliked it.

My real answer is HACKERS but is that movie truly bad? I would say it's silly and totally doesn't represent real world hacking but there's something about it that is so mesmerizing.

Oct 26, 2017
Not bad, just 14 posts for someone to post an actual bad movie. These threads are always filled with good/reasonably reviewed movies.
-
My pic is Howard the duck, it's so bad, so very bad - and I've seen it so many times 😁.
Lmao. I haven't seen Howard the Duck in at least 10 years. It was a favorite as a kid. Just 2 weeks ago my wife and I found it at a used bookstore, and I convinced her to watch it with me on our honeymoon of all times. Holy moly, that movie has NOT aged well. I still like it, but I can't believe I watched it as a kid.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There was a tweet about this, where they asked specifically to name a movie with a low RT score that you actually like. As with that, my answer is easily Van Helsing. It's just a very fun movie with very cool leads and a big fight between a vampire and a werewolf. I could watch it all day.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Hook is my ur example of this. Blasted by critics (its RottenTomatoes score is in the 20s) but hell if it's not a beloved classic in my eyes.

Deleted member 20295

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
Lmao. I haven't seen Howard the Duck in at least 10 years. It was a favorite as a kid. Just 2 weeks ago my wife and I found it at a used bookstore, and I convinced her to watch it with me on our honeymoon of all times. Holy moly, that movie has NOT aged well. I still like it, but I can't believe I watched it as a kid.
Fun times can be had with it now.

Me "You seen the Howard the duck movie?, wanna watch it with me?"
Mate "Isn't that the Marvel character from Guardians of the galaxy?"
Me "Yes, yes it is 😏".

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Enough

The J Lo domestic violence escape / revenge movie

I watch it every time it comes on TV, which is surprisingly often

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Queen of the Damned lmao. I was 14 when it came out and thought basically everyone in that movie was hot af. I also didn't know who Korn was and thought that was actually the lead's voice lmfao.

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
I will go to bat occasionally for Final Fantasy The Spirits Within. Even though it really never should've had the Final Fantasy brand attached to it.

My real answer is HACKERS but is that movie truly bad? I would say it's silly and totally doesn't represent real world hacking but there's something about it that is so mesmerizing.

If these are bad movies, some of you all are setting a really high bar.