• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
Jason X!

giphy.gif

8hZedFp.gif
Jason X is great

Foxhound

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 7, 2019
Armageddon. Top tier 90s quotable movie. Fight me.

Roygbiv95

Alt account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Grandma's Boy

Buffalo 66

The Lion King 2019

Mallrats

Signs

Ocean's 8

The Meg

Transformers

I'd also say Mortal Kombat, but my rewatch of it this year was rough as hell. It was MUCH worse than I remembered lol. I attribute some of this to how I rarely feel nostalgia anymore because I know 14 year old me would still love it. And to its credit it's still a pretty solid adaptation of the early video games. But the stories in the new games are all better than the one in the film.

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
There are a few but the one that sticks out that everyone seems to hate is The Green Lantern (2011), I got a little fixated with it before it released because I saw a trailer of Hector Hammond being infected by the unknown entity (Parallax) and the idea of something like this happening in real life fascinated me. I found some pictures of Peter Sarsgaard walking around irl in full make up and I made up some story about how he had a rare disease and sent the pic to all my friends who were like "Ohhh no, poor guy!" and "OMG what disease is that?". I actually really like the movie too.

1ze9mkw.png

Oct 31, 2017
I've defended The Cable Guy since 1996 though it seems like in the last half-decade or so society is finally coming around

The Cable Guy is a legitimately great movie. Most people just fail to recognize brilliance.

Little Nicky, it's funny. Roger Dangerfield as Lucifer in a bath robe, the devil putting a pineapple up Hitler's arse at the same time everyday, Nicky's dark power to turn Pepsi into coke. Quentin Tarantino as a rambling blind preacher who keeps falling down stairs. It's just fucking stupid and a good comedy can be just that.

Now Little Nicky is a bad movie, but it's a movie that I really enjoyed & view as a guilty pleasure, but I also haven't seen it in forever so I don't know if I'd still feel the same way. I'm inclined to say yes though.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
I honestly think Spiderman 3 is better than 2

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

Like it so much I helped kickstart a special edition and have two copies of that kickstarter bluray.

latest

It's childhood nostalgia for a movie released when I was a year old to sell plastic robots that beat the crap out of each other. It's also a movie that i own in three different formats and have seen more than any other film I own. Can recite most of the film at this point even if it is an extended toy commercial. And it's better than all the Bay films.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
So when the trailer for Welcome to Marween came out I was hooked immediately. My girlfriend begrudgingly went to see it with me in theaters and I absolutely loved it. She didn't like it at all and actually fell asleep through part of it but I was on board the whole way through. It's weird to explain, but I got a soft spot for grown adults who haven't mentally "grew" up and kind of find happiness in their own childish view of the world. Think like Lennie from Of Mice and Men. I really like those characters, they are really endearing to me. So I really liked Steve Carrel's performance of Mark Hogancamp.

So after all this and enjoying the movie I was completely flabbergasted seeing how panned this movie was. I can't believe people hated and how many critics and theater goers considered it a bad movie. Anybody else had the same situation with them? Well here's the floor to speak your peace on a "bad" movie that you legimatally enjoyed.

I actually loved this movie as well and really felt for Hogancamp and Steve's portrayal of him, had no idea it was considered a bad movie, I thought it just didn't do that well at the box office.

For my pick I'd probably go with Space Truckers.

It's a campy space movie that stars Dennis Hopper where he plays a ....space trucker lol, and he ends up getting into some trouble and somehow comes into possession of hauling some top secret killer robots and things go from there. Stephen Dorff and Debi Mazar are the two supporting actors that travel with him and Charles Dance plays the villain of the movie, in all of his hammy goodness (if you liked him in Last Action Hero you know what to expect).

It's from Stuart Gordon, the master of HP Lovecraft adaptations like Re-Animator, Dagon, From Beyond, etc.

Also another I absolutely love is The Relic, this is one of my favorite "Monster" movies of the 90's and I was absolutely astounded to see that it had such low scores on RT from both critics and the audience, this is imo one of the best monster movies of the 90's and came around the same time as Mimic did (which I also loved). Of the few critics that liked it was none other then Roger Ebert, who said it quite nicely when he said that it cleverly combines the horror genre and the disaster genre together.

It's got a great monster design from the master Stan Winston, a great location for a monster movie (locked in giant museum) and has a great cast of actors from the always great Linda Hunt who plays the head of the museum to the lead played by Penelope Ann Miller and the main supporting actor played by Tom Sizemore.

The only bad thing I can say about the movie is that it has some lackluster CGI at parts where they used CGI for the monster (mainly when you see it full body moving/running around) however they also made ample use of practical effects for it too, it wasn't just cgi only, only used cgi in certain scenes.

Ecotic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Batman vs. Superman. It's just so aggressive in how it pushes itself forward like the movie itself believes it's showing you a modern day classic. There's no trepidation, no hesitation, no sign of an inner voice that's asking itself "should I really be doing this?". The lack of self-awareness and self-reflection in the moment gives it some indescribable quality that I enjoy about it.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
I just watched Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.

It's really, really stupid. Characters do dumb things, the dumb science is even dumber, there are wild decisions made and the villains are paper thin 80's Saturday Morning cartoon characters.

I loved every second of it.

I will also say:

Ghostbusters 2
FFVII: Advent Children
Face/Off
Con Air

Dumb quotable 90's comedies like:
Basketball, Dirty Work, Half-Baked, Airheads, Tommy Boy (though in my memory this was pretty good), Little Nicky which is fucking awful but insanely entertaining.

Tron: Legacy which is a poorly executed story with beautiful visuals, great casting and a kickin' soundtrack.

Last Action Hero

Last edited:

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
A Night at the Roxbury.

i saw it so often as a child, and damn it still hits those basic pleasure centers.
Aged terribly, but I can't help but love it

uniform

Oct 27, 2017
I genuinely enjoy The Beach. It was one of my first DVD purchases. Now with a collection of hundreds of DVD/BDs it's still the worst reviewed.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Super Mario Bros.
Mars Attacks!
Dragon Ball Evolution
The longest Yard (Sandler version)
Fast and Furious series (tho guess you can't call them bad since newer movies do the cheesy on purpose)

MegaBeefBowl

Oct 31, 2017
If Macgruber is considered bad, then that. It's the best SNL based film, and is up there with the greatest comedies of all time.