• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Could be a city that you loved but now hate, one you were so meh on but it grew on you...whatever.

I dunno, I used to feel that Seattle was boring and overrated, now I find it one of the most desirable cities to live in. It's not that touristy and user friendly, I guess, but the quality of life is superb, it seems.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i used to hate fort worth

now i simply try to forget it ever existed in the first place

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago sucks, It's cold ass hell for like 3-4 months out of the year. You can't really do anything during that time.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle. It used to be arty, affordable and diverse. Now it's none of those things and the life is slowly getting choked out of it.

gully state

Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area isn't the same Bay Area I grew up in in the 80's and 90's. Used to be way more middle class ...

dadjumper

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
Parts of Tokyo are the fucking worst. Shibuya, Shinjuku, Harajuku, Akiba, Nakano.... fuckin shitholes full of dumb ass tourist and dickhead businessmen.
Nakano is still worth going to for certain shops and restaurants (as are the others unfortunately) but dang

Meanwhile I've gained an appreciation for my hometown. Wellington is a nice little city with some cool vibes and a lot of good food. Lot of dickheads around tho

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
London, it used to be beautiful, now, now it's full of skyscrapers. I'm glad most european capitals don't allow a lot of high rise buildings all over.

Oct 26, 2017
Could be a city that you loved but now hate, one you were so meh on but it grew on you...whatever.

I dunno, I used to feel that Seattle was boring and overrated, now I find it one of the most desirable cities to live in. It's not that touristy and user friendly, I guess, but the quality of life is superb, it seems.

Seattle. It used to be arty, affordable and diverse. Now it's none of those things and the life is slowly getting choked out of it.

lul.....

Seattle born and raise here it's definitely "different" but that goes without saying when a city has economic success.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
London, it used to be beautiful, now, now it's full of skyscrapers. I'm glad most european capitals don't allow a lot of high rise buildings all over.

Not sure I agree with this. Most of the lost beauty of London was lost in fire and blitz. I'm not aware of much that has been lost to skyscapers. The skyline is different now but I quite like it.

Oct 27, 2017
Up through the 90s Seattle was awesome. It's now a complete shithole I refuse to go to for any reason. At best I pass through on I-5 to somewhere else.

Jindrax

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Thought Frankfurt was a nice place... Turns out I was wrong.

EDIT: context: someone stole my fucking chicken (uber eats)

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto. Used to like it. After living here a few years, I've grown to despise the cost of living and the people. So many people believe that Toronto is a world class city, on par with a NYC or London, to justify its insane real estate costs. It's a mid-tier city with an insane housing bubble.

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure I agree with this. Most of the lost beauty of London was lost in fire and blitz. I'm not aware of much that has been lost to skyscapers. The skyline is different now but I quite like it.
Maybe I remember it wrong, I was young when I first visited but I remember it being a really nice place. Now it's full of modern skyscrapers and I don't like those at all. Maybe they haven't replaced much but they certainly draw attention.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I remember it wrong, I was young when I first visited but I remember it being a really nice place. Now it's full of modern skyscrapers and I don't like those at all. Maybe they haven't replaced much but they certainly draw attention.

Unless you are incredibly old I think this is more to do with your perception changing as you get older than it is to do with London.

That being said, it has clearly changed in terms of the skyline. I just think what was there before wasn't that great, just a lot shorter. But if you don't like skyscrapers then that'll be enough to annoy you I suppose,

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
I live in Toronto and used to be semi proud of it. But the cost of living has become preposterous, the housing situation is downright laughable, the amount of homeless seems to be (anecdotally) notably on the rise, yes there is good food but I find most people congregate at the same handful of places. In general I just don't find it that interesting anymore, and the cost/housing is a joke, and the job market is far too competitive, and I personally can't find much to do that isn't a hassle or something you can't get elsewhere.

Also public transit is almost as bad now as 20 years ago.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
I think about moving there myself.

I live in Atlanta now and while I do like the city, it's really difficult to get a job in my degree field here because everyone in the south east is doing what I'm doing.

Detroit kind of reminds me of Atlanta but there's a lot more sustainable growth from the city because it's coming up from a rough spot. I figure I better get in while the getting is good.

dean_rcg

Oct 27, 2017

I've gone the other way, I used to hate it but I really like visiting now for the museums, galleries, restaurants etc.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
SF

Used to love it and desperately wanted to move there. I still think it's stunningly beautiful but would absolutely never consider living there until they get their housing and crime and literal shit sorted out

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, I used to think it must be an awesome seeming city to live in.

Visited it for the first time a couple years back with family, I'm from Ohio for reference. They live near the city so they've been there a lot and showed me the sights and all the various tourist attractions.

I hated every moment I was there. It is the worst kind of urban sprawl that I hate to see, there is no aspect of that city I found enjoyable to be in and that includes the beaches. Ok I'll be fair, the food was nice.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
SF

Used to love it and desperately wanted to move there. I still think it's stunningly beautiful but would absolutely never consider living there until they get their housing and crime and literal shit sorted out
Yeah, this. Plus it's expensive as all fuck, which is crazy coming from a New Yorker.