• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The current color of the Switch is grey and it's kind of boring, and only the joycons change colors. But what if this time all the console have a new color? like all Nintendo portables back then.

What color would you like to see?

gb.jpg

gba10colours.jpg

0a5492fd707681cfa710aa35dbb56376.jpg

DS-Lite.jpg

ds_colors_cg_may21_utrsotr_small_main992.jpg

b6aabb244caa3c92716faad8c09ac9e3.png

3dsLLdiscontinued.png

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
Lately I've been in love with Teals and Cyans. Get that integrated somehow and I'm in.

If not, blacks and blues are my standard. My SO would definitely want purple.

Serenitynow

Oct 25, 2017
I think the Pro version will look very similar to what we have now. The only customization will be via joy con.

But if the cheaper model is a single unit with non-detachable controllers, then things can get interesting. I feel like it'll launch in black, white, and red variants (the primary Switch motif colors), but I'd love some translucency.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Nintendo is smart and knows how much money there is to be made with the joycon sales. They won't phase those out.. it's possible the base unit may have a color, but I think it will be mooted or at least meant to be very complimentary to the colors that exist already.

I could see a handheld only unit coming in a variety of colors at some point, but I don't think they'll want to overload the new SKUs until they phase out the old model. A pink in the vein of the 3DS colors above would be a nice way to start.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
I think a black/gray would be right for the VR headset but if I ever pick up a Mini, I think I'd like a clean all-white or maybe something in blue and black

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
I like special edition kind of stuff - had the red Pokemon XY 3DS and I'd love a Pokemon SwSh themed Switch Pro (maybe also red).

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
All black so it doesn't look like Fisher Price made it

Wow, people still doing the "Fisher Price" thing in 2019, huh? Amazing.

Though (matte) black like the existing development kits would be a nice look for a more expensive model, I'd be even happier with something a little more inspired. I know the chances for it are just about nil, but I'd love a nontraditional material for the "pro" model, something like a brushed aluminum. The muted color schemes on the original DS XL were also pretty cool and made sense for the older audience -- on the flip side, Nintendo could embrace the younger crowd with the portable-focused model and go all out with different translucent colors, like the N64. Would hate to see them completely ditch neons, though, as they've really been a defining factor in the Switch's look.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
I just want matte black or dark grey. I don't think the bold colors are appealing. Please, Nintendo, don't make this shit glossy.

Oct 29, 2017
It's gotta be transparent purple. Its been far too long!

I've got custom transparent purple joy-cons and they look amazing!

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
Pastel as fuck so it looks like a delish Fisher Price masterpiece.

Give me them transparent systems!!!

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Why the midnight purple 3DS shaft OP?? I want them to make every system in that color forever and ever

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
I'm honestly really partial to dark red colors (e.g. burgundy) but I would also be fine with a black or orange Switch.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Well I would say that typically Nintendo is great at making its iteration desirable and look nice.

russbus64

May 1, 2018
If my decision were based on colors I previously owned, I'd have to go with the OG GBA Glacier White.