Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so I think most of us here are fairly well aware of some low quality conspiracies that really haven't got much grounds to be believed. Chemtrails, reptilians, you name it. However, we've all been young and dumb, we all probably at least partially believed some really ridiculous conspiracy theory - hell, we might still be inclined to believe in something that hasn't been properly proven.

So... what are the popular conspiracy theories you still believe or believed in the past? 9/11 theories? JFK? Vaccines?

P.S.: Stuff that is being actively investigated by authorities, eg. the Trump-Russia collusion is not the kind of "unproven conspiracy" I'm looking for, I'm searching for stuff that is much more widely unaccepted and that isn't being properly investigated.

I'll start. When I was young I partially believed (thanks to some conspiracy nuts in the family) that the WTC came down as a result of a controlled explosion. I never believed in the inside job thing, but for a bit I thought maybe they blew it up to control the damage to avoid the building falling down in a less straight manner. Luckily I understood fairly quick it's pretty bullshit. One I sort of believe in today is the whole JFK assassination: never wanted to point fingers or believe random theories but official explanations have always seemed a bit odd and incomplete to me at best. Not sure if it even fits my own criteria really as that one is widely discussed to this day.

TemplaerDude

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what is in those spray bottles at the barber shop but I'm confident it's a magic mixture that helps them style my hair in a way I can never duplicate.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Lincoln and Kennedy actually killed each other via a time travel paradox. Rian Johnson got the idea for looper due to this.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stan Lee was hack who ripped off Jack Kirby and other creators

Nowadays I have doubts to this but once was all in

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everything surrounding Hitler's death is strange, the picture especially looks off. I wouldn't be shocked to find out he made it to SA.

FantaSoda

Oct 28, 2017
Dolph Zigglers spot in Survivor Series 2014 was originally planned for Roman Reigns but was given to Dolph because he was hurt.

NYR

Oct 27, 2017
JFK was murdered by the military-industrial complex as he was waning on the Cold War and refused to be involved with Vietnam.

karkii

Oct 25, 2017
There was a time when I believed in the 9/11 conspiracy. That was when I was maybe around 15 and all those youtube "documentaries" were really convincing to me. Fortunately that didn't last more than maybe a year. Then when 'a funny thing happened on the way to the moon' aired on tv here (maybe in like... 07) I believed in the moon landing conspiracy for maybe a month after I actually looked for actual information about it and realized the conspiracy is fucking stupid.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Marilyn Monroe was probably murdered.

Many sports industries are fixing games.

And I think the McCanns know more about their daughters disappearance than they let on.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
UFO stuff when I was a kid/teenager. JFK stuff. Does Satan tempting people into doing bad things count?

That's all I can think of off hand.

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
9/11 was inside job, back when I was in high school. Till this day, I find some of the evidence very compelling about that documentary.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
When I was a kid, I was ALL about Erich Von Daniken's "Chariots of the Gods" and the idea that alien civilizations made first contact with ancient Earth cultures. Reading Kirby comics from Marvel about the Celestials and the Eternals only reinforced this notion. I'm still a little sad that so many of his crazy theories are getting easily debunked now with carbon dating and a better understanding of archaeology. Even the construction of the great pyramid is a bet of a let down now with the new info that's come out. It was a lot cooler thinking ancient civilizations were making prehistoric batteries and that the pyramids were laid out according to alien instruction.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
JFK, UFO's, Hitler possibly making it to South America. However, the older I get the more I'm leaning away from UFO's. I believe they exist, as in it's military aircraft. However, I do not believe we're the only advanced species in all of the cosmos. The math wouldn't add up.

AlsoZ

Oct 29, 2017
The 9/11 inside job was very compelling until I found out how regularly incompetent intelligence agencies were

bjork

Oct 27, 2017
The real Undertaker lost at Summerslam 1994 and the fake Undertaker is who lived on in the storyline

Bo Neslek

Oct 25, 2017
Canada's Ear
Aliens and black helicopters. A lot of it from documentaries and other weird 'serious' shows come channels would air in the 90s.

JFK was murdered by the military-industrial complex as he was waning on the Cold War and refused to be involved with Vietnam.

But JFK loved himself some Vietnam/communist containment shit.

Tesseract

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
i believe hugh jackman is really wolverine. he really did this on set and i have a friend's dad in the cia who can back me up because he was there taking nano drone pictures.

giphy.gif

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
When I was a kid, I was ALL about Erich Von Daniken's "Chariots of the Gods" and the idea that alien civilizations made first contact with ancient Earth cultures. Reading Kirby comics from Marvel about the Celestials and the Eternals only reinforced this notion. I'm still a little sad that so many of his crazy theories are getting easily debunked now with carbon dating and a better understanding of archaeology. Even the construction of the great pyramid is a bet of a let down now with the new info that's come out. It was a lot cooler thinking ancient civilizations were making prehistoric batteries and that the pyramids were laid out according to alien instruction.

Von Daniken was debunked back when he published that nonsense. He's always been a loon.

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a large mixture or government officials and corporate executives that have been willingly lying to the public about the effects of humans on the climate of our world so that they can make some extra money.

Does that count as a conspiracy theory or a conspiracy fact?

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Conspiracy theories I believed in stopped being theoretical after a lot of documentation on Nixon was released.

Oct 27, 2017
And I think the McCanns know more about their daughters disappearance than they let on.

This, for sure. I've followed the case quite closely and to this day, there is plenty of evidence implicating them and there is still absolutely zero evidence to support a break in at the apartment.

I don't believe either of them for a second.

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno if it counts as a conspiracy theory because I don't think there's anyone hiding info from the public but I believe a smal degree in some of the ancient civilizations graham Hancock type stuff. Not ancient aliens, just that there were probably cultures that we would consider "civilized" that predate Egypt/Sumeria that we don't have a ton of archaeological evidence for because of the sheer timescale or because their structures were predominantly made of wood (like pre-Columbian North American cities), and that some of the knowledge/traditions might have been passed on to successor known civilizations. Like, not super advanced technology or anything just like religious practices and maybe some architectural knowledge.

karkii

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know. I find it even more fascinating when you think about just how amazing feat of human ingenuity those massive building projects are.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think that JFK was accidentally killed by one of his Secret Service agents in the chaos. Oswald got the first shot in his throat and the agent accidentally got the one in his head.

Also either Hitler escaped to South America (and was likely captured by Mossad) or was captured alive by the Soviets.

This isn't the first iteration of human civilization. There is just too much time from when humans reached anatomical and behavioural modernity ~250k years ago for civilization to only spring up in the last ~10k years.