• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kurumi

Oct 26, 2017
Is that from Family Guy? Man, here I thought I was the only one who had that issue.

It's funny, generic brands of Captain Crunch don't do that to me.

Yeah it is. It's from an old episode but even they made fun of Captain Crunch messing your mouth up. Definitely my least favorite cereal. How it is SS tier I do not know.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's on okay list if you are in 7th grade and want nothing but sugar and artificial flavors in your breakfast food.

Even then, mouth shredding Cap'N Crunch OG is an bonkers-stupid inclusion in the top tier. Nobody even liked that when they were a child because of how relentlessly bland it was.

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
People really popping in on video game forum # 2335 to say they're too grown up for sugar.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Cinnamon Toast Crunch not being "S" tier upsets me a bit. But maybe he does not like Cinnamon, so I will let it pass.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SSS Tier:

515gPx6gGtL.jpg

Looks like bland slop for health nuts, but there's actually a fair amount of sugar in it to add some sweetness to the spices of vanilla, cinammon and nutmeg.

Tastes delicious and is quite snackable even without milk. In milk the texture is great and it retains a healthy crunch.

It's a decent more adult-oriented treat that isn't packed full of fake fruit flavors or low-grade chocolate.

Island

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That list fuckin sucks.

Here's the top tier.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch,
Honey Nut Cheerios,
Peanut Butter Cheerios,
Crispix,
Chex,
Fruit Loops,
Trix,
Rice Krispies Treats Squares (FUCKING RIP),
Cookie Crisp,
Special K
and Frosted Flakes.

Oh and Vanilla versions of Rice Krispies and Special K are fucking god tier.

Your list is pretty solid. I would personally take out Fruit Loops, Trix, and Cookie Crisp. Maybe add in Muselix, Mini-Wheats and Bran Flakes. (There is nothing wrong with Bran Flakes!)

Also, that OP list is terrible.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
We can all agree mini-wheats are trash though, right?

I tried making mini-wheats good and I just gave up.

They are fantastic, get the maple brown sugar frosted mini wheats, or the strawberry ones. Having them soak up the milk for like two minutes before eating them, just don't pour too much or they get soggy fast

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How the hell does Kix work? Its only got like 3g of sugar total, but IIRC they were always sweet even the non-berry kind. Some sort of magic cereal, I swear.
It's also worth noting that the serving size of Kix is 1.5 cups, and it still only 3g of sugar.

Other cereals cheat by listing their serving size as 3/4 cup. Nobody over the age of 7 is eating 3/4 of a cup of cereal. That's like nothing. Most adults are probably having like 2 cups at a minimum.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People like Oreo Os? They taste nothing like Oreos and aren't as chocolatey as Cocoa Puffs or Cocoa Pebbles.

Also, Frosted Flakes are played out. It's the most boring cereal ever. It's for people who's favorite superhero is Superman.
Boring.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Frosted Flakes are SSS tier in Germany, because they reduced the sugar coating but they taste even better. Pure food magic.

We basically have 2 cereal brands here. Keloggs and Nestle. So we only have one brand you should buy, or just buy the cheaper knock offs.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's also worth noting that the serving size of Kix is 1.5 cups, and it still only 3g of sugar.

Other cereals cheat by listing their serving size as 3/4 cup. Nobody over the age of 7 is eating 3/4 of a cup of cereal. That's like nothing. Most adults are probably having like 2 cups at a minimum.

I *hate* serving sizes, that shit should be more regulated. I was thinking about this the other day when I saw a can of something, with no resealable top, where the serving size was "half a can."

PlatStrat

Oct 27, 2017
It's definitely not his worst list. I actually agree with most of the placements and the only real changes I'd make are either moving things up/down 1 tier. Though if it were still in production Team Cherrios would be in SS tier. Oh and Strawberry Frosted Mini Wheats would be S tier

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I *hate* serving sizes, that shit should be more regulated. I was thinking about this the other day when I saw a can of something, with no resealable top, where the serving size was "half a can."
Yeah once you have added milk (which is also portioned into ridiculously small serving sizes), even a "low sugar" cereal like Honey Nut Cheerios probably has you going over 30g of sugar for an adult-sized portion.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
Wrong wrong wrong!

‪1) Frosted flakes, cornflakes‬
‪2) fruit loops, proper musli, ‬
‪3) smacks‬
‪4) vanilla crave, ‬
‪5) any choco-related due to health reason/allergy, cinnamon wheats mini.... ‬

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just here to quote my people that understand Rice Krispies are the truth and one of the few breakfast cereals you can eat without murdering your pancreas.

They're also low FODMAP so they're super easy on your digestion. +1 for forcing them to drink more water.
They also work out pretty decently as a doggie treat.

Oct 25, 2017
My current day gut gut hates me for participating in this thread. My gut from 3+ years ago is screaming "where the fuck is Cinnamon Life? Hell, any Life cereal? Totally invalidades this list!"

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honey Bunches of Oats >>>>>>>>>>>>> All other cereal.

If you really want to be decandant one day, put chocolate milk over Cinammon Toast Crunch or Oreo O's.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Haven't eaten cereal in a long time but I'm pretty sure even original Rice Krispies is better than fucking Kix and Honey Smacks.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
I very rarely eat cereal at all now, but the junkfood cereals I loved as a kid were Froot Loops, Cap'n Crunch, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Golden Grahams, and Corn Pops. I only had them once, but I thought Fruity Pebbles were disgusting.