• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

First name that springs to your mind

• Rock, paper, scissors

Votes: 1,290 90.6%
  • Scissors, paper, rock

Votes: 24 1.7%
  • Paper, scissors, rock

Votes: 28 2.0%
  • Roshambo

Votes: 25 1.8%
  • Janken

Votes: 57 4.0%

• Total voters

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rock, Paper, Scissors, US

Sort of related: When playing Pokémon TCG at tournaments, everyone here would say "Rock, Paper, Scissors, Shoot" putting out your choice on shoot.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Funny thing is I never heard it referred to directly as Roshambo until college. There was the South Park joke about Roshambo before that, so there was a moment where I had an inappropriate fit of giggles when someone in a college club suggested that we "Roshambo" to decide something.

giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I think another interesting question is what you say when you play it. I always heard it as "Rock, paper, scissors says SHOO!" then we throw out our hands.

But on TV and YouTube videos I've seen so many other things, like "one, two, three" or just "Rock, paper, scissors, go" or whatever.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
wtf? how is roshambo so unpopular? is it a very specific regional thing? that's all i've ever heard it called.

OP
OP
Jintor

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
RPS dominance is truly fascinating to me, i never heard it called that until I went to live in Japan and hung out with yanks more

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Rock, Paper, Scissors.

"Rock, Paper, Scissors say 'shoot'" with each player playing their hand on the word shoot.

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
British old-school is "paper, scissors, stone", rock's a fucking Americanism that will be banned post-Brexit.

Also you end with the monosyllabic word you thugs.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always thought people called it roshambo to try and impress others over supreme Rock Paper Scissors knowledge.

Like the popping of the collar of kid's games.

Chojin

Oct 26, 2017
Actually I lied. We call it Jack en Poy in the Philippines. Though obviously it comes from Jankenpon.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
Rock, paper, scissors. Though, I always thought it was Rochambeau like the French general. I rarely hear it called that.